If you have an ecommerce dropship
business, you can increase sales, often dramatically, by using email marketing.
What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing refers to sending email to customers, both previous and prospective, with the intention of getting them back to your website or dropship sales venue to purchase your products.
You might send an email marketing newsletter to tell people about sales and promotions you have going on, or let them know about an exciting contest they can enter on your website, or to give them a free gift such an e-book or whitepaper, and more.
The main thing to bear in mind is DO NOT SPAM.
You should have an opt-in subscription form prominently displayed on your website and should only send email marketing communications to those people who have agreed to receive such messages from you.
Email marketing is one of the most inexpensive and effective methods of driving qualified traffic to your dropship business website! In fact, if you are able to write the marketing newsletters yourself, it won’t cost you a cent.
But a word of caution: if you aren’t completely sure of your talents as a copywriter, it’s best to hire someone (possibly a freelancer) to do this job for you.
Email marketing is only beneficial and effective if it gets readers to visit your website. If it doesn’t accomplish that much, it’s a wasted effort on your part and an annoyance to your subscribers.
Click Here for FREE Tips on Email Marketing!
Here are some tips for good email marketing:
- Have a strong call to action! Your call to action is what motivates readers to click though to your website and make a purchase. So, make sure it is loud and clear.
- Make them an offer they can’t refuse! Before you send out marketing newsletters en masse, have a clear and definite game plan for what you are offering and your goal for that particular newsletter or email. A chatty, long- time-no-see email is not going to get it! Offer something tasty enough that it will get results, such as free shipping or a good discount.
- It’s all about them! It’s not all about you, it’s about them. Them, of course, being your subscribers. It’s okay and even advisable to let them know about new products or services, but don’t send out emails to those on your opt-in list to let them know you have promoted your spouse or significant other to VP of your dropship business or that your dog just had puppies. They aren’t really interested except as to how your email affects them.
Email marketing can drive traffic to your website and help keep repeat customers loyal, so use it wisely and grow your dropship profits!
If you enjoyed this article, you may also like this one:
Social Media Marketing for Your Dropship Business: Use it or Lose Sales!
If you have a dropship business
and would like to look into some online alternatives to Paypal for customer payments, you will be glad to hear that there are a few available.
While Paypal is undoubtedly the leading online payment service available at the moment, there are many people who would prefer to steer clear due to fees or other issues.
Some former eBay sellers, for example, refuse to do business with Paypal because it is owned by eBay.Click Here to Get FREE Tips on Ecommerce Success!
Be that as it may, if you are considering switching from Paypal to a different online payment service for your ecommerce dropship business, here are a few to look at:
- Moneybookers: Moneybookers is becoming increasingly popular as an alternative to Paypal. For one thing, it is an accepted payment method on eBay, and there aren’t many of those. The fees are cheaper than eBay, too. Still on the subject of how Moneybookers will work for eBay sellers, it is integrated with eBay, which makes all of your sales easy to process and receive payment.
- AlertPay: Formerly Revolutionary Money Exchange, AlertPay has been around for approximately 7 years or so. It is very international buyer and seller friendly, with low fees. Buyers can:
- Send payments from over 190 countries
- Send money to multiple people
- Deposit and withdraw funds
Besides being extremely buyer friendly, it is set up well for sellers, too, with beefed up security to provide peace of mind. Google Checkout
: Since Google and eBay are basically mortal enemies, it is not an accepted method of payment on eBay. That being said, it may be that you have your own website for your dropship business and consequently don’t give a fig what eBay likes or doesn’t like. If this is the case, Google Checkout may be for you. It’s fast, it’s convenient, the fees are low and it’s secure and best of all---well designed and well maintained. There is a Merchant Forum where you may post a question in addition to the usual help channels. Another plus to GCO is that since it is Google, it’s a name most online users know and trust.
So, if you are fed up with what some folks refer to as “PayPay,” you might be interested in one of these alternatives for your dropship business.
If you liked this article, you may also like this one:
Optimize User Experience on Your eCommerce Dropship Website
You may have the mistaken idea that blogs are just something individuals have as a sort of online journal to express their thoughts and feelings, but the fact is that your dropshipping
business could benefit tremendously from a business blog!
Blogs can be used to drive traffic to your ecommerce business website, to attract attention to your business, to let people know about current promotions or sales you might have going on, and lots of other useful things.
In short, you can use a blog to win friends and influence people!Click Here to Get FREE Information About Business Blogging!
What are some of the other benefits of a business blog?
- Cost: Having a blog is free or at the very least, extremely inexpensive. Unless you are hopelessly inept on the computer, you will be able to set up the blog yourself and maintain it. Worst case scenario, if you can’t do it yourself and have to hire it done, it won’t cost much and is a great investment.
- Simplicity: A blog is extremely user friendly. Even if you have to outsource getting it set up, you should be able to easily keep it running smoothly all by yourself.
- SEO: A blog, if it is written correctly and uses SEO best practices, will help your dropshipping website to rank higher with Google and the other search engines in SERPs. This is worth a lot! Ranking high with Google means more traffic to your business which, of course, means more sales and more profits. It all works together to your advantage.
- Social Media Marketing: Many people don’t realize that having a business blog is a form of social media marketing, but it is. The blogoshpere is very much part and parcel of social networking and can do much to enhance your social media marketing efforts!
So, if you don’t already have a blog for your online dropshipping business, start working on getting one up and rolling today. You’ll be glad you did!
If you liked this article, you may also find this one enjoyable:
What NOT to Do in Your Business Blog: Common Mistakes to Avoid
If you are ready to start a home business, you might take a look at dropship jewelry
Jewelry is a hot niche with a huge target market and plenty of demand to ensure the enterprising entrepreneur big profits in ecommerce sales. Whether you choose to sell on eBay, Amazon, or start your own website, you can count on having plenty of traffic and sales for your products if you go about things the right way.
What is the right way to go about making a living with dropship jewelry sales?
First of all, unless you want a lot of headaches and full time crew doing SEO and marketing, don’t just sell jewelry as a generic niche. It’s too broad a niche and you will get a lot of unqualified, untargeted visitors who are not going to buy.Click Here for Your FREE Dropship Niche Toolkit!
For example, if you use “jewelry” as your main keyword, you will have visitors clicking through that are looking for a particular type of jewelry product like a white gold ring with rubies or a Christmas brooch. If you aren’t selling what they are shopping for, they will hit the back button and leave without making a purchase.
This is bad on more than one level. It hurts your conversion rate, for instance, and Google will penalize you for a low conversion rate and reward you with higher rankings in search pages for higher conversion rates.
Besides that---you want a high conversion rate because it means more sales!
So, decide which type or types of jewelry you are going to specialize in and then make those your primary keywords or long tail keywords. If you decide to focus on silver and gold earrings, you might make “gold earrings” and “silver earrings” two of your keyword phrases.
Jewelry is such a fantastic niche because first of all, it has been worn and sought after for thousands of years, and secondly; because it is one of the most popular gift items for holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, births and christenings, etc.
Drop Ship Access has a great selection of high quality jewelry available for you to start selling now!
So, get started now with dropship jewelry sales and Bling Bling will mean Ka-Ching Ka-Ching!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one:
eMail Marketing for a Dropship Business: How To Do It Better
When you have an ecommerce business in drop ship sales, having a high conversion rate is of paramount importance to your success.What is a Conversion Rate?
Your conversion rate is the measurement of how many visitors to your site actually make a purchase. Driving traffic is wonderful and you should strive to send all of the qualified traffic you possibly can to your online products. But the sad truth is that visitors don’t necessarily mean buyers.
If you have 25,000 visitors a day and only one or two of them buy from you, that equates to a very poor conversion rate. Unless you’re making a massive chunk of profit on each product sold---you won’t be making any real money even with all those drop ship sales visitors.
Here is what Internet Retailer Magazine
has to say about ecommerce conversion rates:“Conversion rates generally average in the 2.5% range, but rates that reach 8% are not uncommon and some sites report conversion rates of 18% and higher.”
If you could go from turning 2 out of 100 visitors to your website into buyers all the way up to 18 out of 100.…wowza! You would be making a huge jump in sales and profits, which means more money!Click Here to Get Hot Ecommerce Tips That Will Boost Sales!
Here are 3 tips to help you increase the conversion rate of your drop ship sales visitors:
1. Aim for qualified traffic. This means visitors who are more likely to buy than to just show up and browse, then leaving without making a purchase. One way to do this is to use specific keywords or long tail keywords. For example, if you are selling Plus Size bras, then let your keywords reflect that instead of using something non-specific such as “lingerie” which will result in a large influx of traffic but not targeted traffic. If someone arrives at your dropshipping website where you are selling Plus Size bras and they are looking for petite nightgowns, the chances of having this person buy from you are slim to none.
2. Make sure visitors know that yours is a safe and secure website. Display trust and security symbols prominently. If you are a member of the Better Business Bureau, display the logo. Although there are more consumers shopping online every day, security is a huge issue! Online shoppers worry about their information being hacked, or worse yet….a website selling their info to spammers. Reassure visitors that their information is safe and secure and that you don’t share it with any third parties. You should also prominently display your contact information.
3. Each and every one of your drop ship products should have an adequate description along with plenty of photos. Always remember that buying online requires a leap of faith because shoppers are unable to actually see the product, touch it, etc. Your job is to provide detailed, sales oriented descriptions and images. There is a saying for online sales that is quite apt:Describe it as though there were no pictures and use pictures as if there was no description.
Perhaps the most crucial but all too often overlooked factor in converting visitors into customers is to ask for the sale. Just ask the visitor to buy. Simple, straightforward, effective. It’s true you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink; but you can at least ask him to drink!
Use these tips to help turn your drop ship product business visitors into customers!
If you enjoyed this article, you may also like this one:
Dropshipping for Beginners: Easy Home Business Start Up!
Would you be interested in increasing your wholesale drop ship
sales and making more money?
Of course, you would!
How many people are not interested in making more money? A savvy ecommerce entrepreneur must be ever vigilant when it comes to staying on top of ways to increase sales and subsequently…income.
Maybe your sales are in a bit of a slump, or perhaps you simply want to keep on improving and fine tuning your business so that it produces a maximum amount of sales and income.
Either way, plan to spend at least a half hour or so each and every week researching into ways to boost your wholesale dropship sales.Click Here for a FREE Dropship Toolkit!
Here are a few tips that may help you rev up your sales:
- Sharpen your SEO skills! SEO is a vital part of any online business. Without great use of SEO, Google and the other search engines have trouble finding you. If the search engines don’t find you, neither will customers. So, devote some reading time to staying abreast of any changes to the search algorithms Google might come out with and make sure you are up to speed.
- Provide fresh, relevant content to your ecommerce dropship in a frequent and regular basis. This is an absolute must! The search engines thrive on fresh, high quality content and if you feed it to them, they will locate and index your website faster. The keyword phrase in the last sentence is “high quality.” You don’t want to stuff your site with a bunch of garbage just to fill up web pages. This will now get you penalized with Google, which would not be good.
- Work on your marketing! Social media marketing, email marketing, PPC ads---all marketing is important. Take the time to map out well planned marketing campaigns for the important holidays, for instance. You have to let people know if you are having a sale to end all sales or offering free shipping. It’s highly unlikely those on your email subscription list will be bombarding you with messages asking when you will be doing these things. Tell them! Staying in touch with your subscribers is an important aspect of marketing.
Your wholesale dropship business can run like a well oiled machine and bring you in a substantial, six figure income IF you invest the time to do the things that will increase sales!
If you liked this article, you may also enjoy this one:
Dropship Magic: How to Make Money Selling What You Don’t Have
Blogs are HOT, and having a well written and maintained business blog can go a long way toward helping you promote and sell your dropship products
A blog, which is internet speak for “web log” is a wonderfully effective and best of all---FREE---way for you to let humans and search engines alike know about the products you are selling.What About a Website?
Naturally, if you have a website of your own, you can have a blog. But it isn’t necessary to maintain your own website in order to maintain your own blog.
For example, if you are an eBay dropship seller, you probably don’t have a website.
This makes no difference! There is still plenty of room for you in the photosphere, and numerous online sites available that will allow you to set up a blog absolutely free.
WordPress is one such online service, and definitely one of the most popular of all the free blog sites.Click Here to Learn the Benefits of a Business Blog!
It has a user friendly, simple interface that is extremely easy to set up and use, but all of the bells and whistles you could possibly want to dress up and customize your blog.How to Make a Blog Work for You
A blog can be tremendously helpful in driving traffic to your dropship products, on your website or another venue such as eBay or Amazon. But it doesn’t work by magic!
In order to be effective and help increase your sales, you will need to make a commitment of time and effort.
- Google and the other search engines love fresh, relevant content! So, while it isn’t necessary to try and compose some epic work along the lines of Gone With the Wind, you do need to make sure your blog posts are informative, entertaining, easy to read and well written with proper English.
- A good average length for a blog post is 350-450 words. Anything much over that and you risk losing a viewer’s attention. So, as a general rule, keep your blog posts short and sweet for best results.
- Update with new blog posts at least once a day if possible. Use your blog and keywords wisely so that the search engines will get to know you and know what you’re all about. This makes it easier for them to index and locate your dropship products.
Start blogging today and increase your sales!
If you enjoyed this article, this one is a must read:
Blogging for Dollars: A Social Media Guide for Your Dropship Business
If you have a wholesale dropship
ecommerce business, you might be aware of Google’s newest algorithm, without being sure if or how it will affect your website.
First of all, it really isn’t a question of “if” this new algorithm will affect your website. No doubt about it---it definitely will.
Now, the next big question you may have is how your website will be affected by this change in the biggest search engine filtering algorithm.
Google’s newest update has been nicknamed “Panda Update” and is not only the talk of the blogosphere but the subject of much discussion anywhere and everywhere people are interested in the state of the World Wide Web, online and off.Click Here to Get the Inside Scoop on Using SEO to Boost Search Ranking
According to the word handed down from Google itself, the purpose of the new search algorithm was to improve and enhance search in general, with the basic targets being content mills and spam/aggregator sites.
What is a content mill?
In the online community, a content mill is one that cranks out scads of very low quality short articles, nothing more than ads, poorly written and using deplorable language skills in most cases.
To Google, these content mills are much the same as puppy mills are to qualified, responsible dog breeders.
So, if you have been buying $1 apiece articles from these content mills and stuffing your website with them, you can take it to the bank that the new Google algorithm will affect your website’s search ranking.
And if this is the case, that will probably be just about all you’ll be taking to the bank, since if viewers can’t find your online business, they won’t be buying from you.
Based on recent internet research, the newest algorithm has affected approximately 12% of search queries.
If you have noticed a decline in website traffic lately and are concerned that your dropship website might be adversely affected, you can check your website’s search ranking here: Check Your Search Ranking
Check out Google’s new algorithm and make sure your wholesale dropship business is up to speed!
If you liked this article, you may also enjoy this one:
Dropship Product Tips: Mastering SEO
If you are considering starting a home business in dropshipping, you need to be sure and find a great wholesale product source!
Dropshipping is a booming business, and many entrepreneurs are making six figure incomes right from the comfort of their own homes with this lucrative online enterprise.
Click Here to Learn the Secrets of a Successful Dropship Business
However, there is an old saying in the world of retail sales that also aptly applies to the World Wide Web e-tail sales: You make your profit when you buy your product---not when you sell it.
If you stop and think about it, this is very true!
For example, let’s say that your dropship product is 10 speed racing bicycles. If you sell each bicycle for $300.00, this seems like a reasonable amount. But, what if you paid $290.00 for each bicycle?
With only $10 profit over and above your purchase price, you would be going in the hole by the time you factor in the cost of a website or eBay/Amazon fees, not to mention various other expenditures associated with running and maintaining a business.
While it’s true that it is much less costly to run a home dropship business, there are still expenses incurred.
So, in this example of the bicycles, you would not be in business for long because you would not be making a real profit since you paid too much for your product up front.
On the other hand, what if you only paid $200 apiece for each bicycle and sold it for $300?
Now, that’s more like it!
$100 profit is much better than a $10 profit. Ten times better, in fact! With this margin of profit, you would be making a substantial income over and above any operating expenses.
So, that old saying is certainly true---you do make your money when you buy, not when you sell!
Finding a great wholesale product source for your home dropship business is as easy as checking out Drop Ship Access!
With over 1.5 million high quality, name brand products available for you to start selling now and a Low Price Guarantee; you can be sure of buying low and selling high.
And in the world of ecommerce…..that’s what it’s all about!
If you enjoyed this article, you may also like this one:
Your Dropship Business: How to Avoid Internet Fraud
Did you know that using SEO best practices can work wonders to build and grow your home dropship business?
First of all, let’s start with the basics in case you are a newbie at ecommerce and are now scratching your head, wondering what “SEO” stands for.
Sweet Edible Oranges? Southern Eggplant Organization? Superior Educated Orangutans?
No. None of the above.
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
What does this mean to an ecommerce merchant? In the world of ecommerce, where your products or services are all sold online, you are swimming around in a huge pool of other vendors offering the same or similar goods or services.
In order to be found by users cruising this vast ocean of enterprises, you must be able to be found when one of them turns to a search engine to help locate the particular thing they want or need.
Bear in mind that in most cases, unless you have somehow managed to corner the market on your widget or service, competition is fierce and plentiful.
Click Here For a FREE Whitepaper About Using SEO!
In fact, it may well be extremely plentiful! For example, if you do a Google search for the word “furniture” there are 398 MILLION results! If your ecommerce niche is furniture sales, you can imagine how your website would virtually be swallowed up and disappear into these massive search results.
So, you must do all you can to ensure that when someone is looking to buy furniture online your business shows up early on, since internet retail research has shown that most people don’t go past the first page of the search results.
How on earth can you hope to get on the first page of search results?
Good ol' SEO.
When you use proper SEO, you are giving the search engines everything they need to find your dropship sales website and rank your site high in SERPs, or Search Engine Results Pages.
This means paying attention to detail and making sure to do the things that will make your ecommerce business search engine friendly.
There are many free resources available online to help you learn all about using SEO effectively to improve your site’s visibility in search engine placement.
Start learning and using these SEO techniques and watch your home dropship business sprout wings and fly!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one: Dropship SEO: Use the Google Wonder Wheel to Find Great Keywords