Did you know that you can use email marketing to grow your dropship
Email marketing is one of the most effective marketing techniques around and best of all; it won’t break your budget, especially if you can write the marketing emails yourself.
If you can’t, you can hire a freelancer or enlist the aid of a relative or friend who is willing to help for a small incentive.
Here are some tips to make email marketing effective for your dropship home business:
- Always strive to get subscriptions to your email opt-in list. The more people who agree to receive your emails, the better off you are because you will be reaching out to a larger audience.
- Be sure to include some sort of deal or promotion, or failing that; announce a new product you think your subscribers will be interested in hearing about. Remember that your subscribers, like just about everybody else on the internet, are bombarded with emails every day of the week. So, make sure you send emails that are of value in some way so that you don’t lose subscribers.
- Make your subject line as catchy as possible. It needs a good hook, which means it needs to sound intriguing enough that your readers will be “hooked” and will open and read it. This is vitally important, so make it a priority.
- Be sure to include the main message of your marketing email above the fold, or on the top half of the page. This is where it is most likely to be seen and keep people reading. Without this, your readers may gravitate away without reading all of your email.
- Always address your recipients by name in marketing emails. This is a great way to connect with your customers and subscribers in a more personalized way.
- Branding is important to your ecommerce dropship business and you should use it in your email marketing campaigns. If you have a logo, be sure to display it prominently at the top of the page so that people will recognize the email as coming from you.
- How much is too much? As a rule, don’t deluge your subscribers with spammy emails. This is bad PR and will come back to bite you in the derriere if you aren’t careful.
- Be sure to give your subscribers plenty of advance notice for your big holiday promotions and other great deals.
- The flip side of that coin is to send a time sensitive offer from time to time that will be more likely to get action in a hurry. For example, you can offer free shipping for one day only or a similar incentive.
- If there is one thing you definitely don’t want to overlook, it’s to make sure your email marketing messages are mobile device friendly. More and more people are using their mobiles for reading emails, shopping and everything else online, so you need emails that are compatible.
Using email marketing to grow and build your home dropship business is a smart move!
Did you know that you can build your home dropship
business with video marketing?
Video marketing is an excellent and cost effective way to build and grow your home ecommerce dropship business. Videos are hot and almost all internet users enjoy watching them. This can be of great advantage to an ecommerce entrepreneur!
If you aren’t entirely sure what video marketing is, a simple explanation is to say that it is marketing using videos. Fairly self explanatory, really, as it actually is exactly what it sounds like.Video Marketing Tips
Here are some helpful ways to use video marketing to build your brand and increase sales for your online dropship business:
- How to videos are hugely successful. If you can do video marketing with some handy “how to” tips and tricks for your audience, you have a fair shot at gaining a large number of viewers.
- Use humor in your video marketing. People like and respond well to humor. If you can make someone smile or laugh, they are more apt to like you and research has shown that in sales, people tend to buy from those they like. So, be likable with a funny video and make more sales.
- Don’t be too salesy. This is a big mistake. Yes, you want to do video marketing to build your business, but you don’t want to come across as Crazy Eddie the Used Car Dealer, either. If your video marketing efforts are good, they will work to build your business without a lot of hype.
- YouTube is a great platform for video marketing! In fact, you will likely get more viewers on YouTube than anywhere else, so be sure to post your video marketing productions there. You might be interested to know that YouTube gets more than 800 million unique visitors to the site every month. This should provide you with an idea of how much exposure your video marketing would get there.
- Social media is another really good place for video marketing. Your business Fan Page on Facebook is the perfect place for your marketing videos. Ditto for Twitter!
- Don’t try to get too fancy with your video marketing. Keep it real. You aren’t aiming for a Hollywood blockbuster, just a simple video that gets your message out there.
- You can use a plain, no frills video camera, digital camera with video capabilities or if it’s a really short flick, your cell phone. If you’re reasonably careful about lighting and speak distinctly, you can produce a satisfactory video from any of these.
- Be sure to link to other of your videos, this amplifies your video marketing efforts and will please the folks who are watching them to learn something about your niche or products.
- Be sure to let viewers comment or ask questions. This is an effective way of using video marketing to help you connect with consumers and potential customers.
Video marketing can be an extremely effective way to build your brand, connect with the buying public, work some PR mojo and drive traffic to your dropship listings or business website.
Get started with video marketing today and who knows---you might go viral!
You may have seen the movie Field of Dreams with its famous quote about a baseball field: “If you build it, they will come” and think this is the case with your website, but it isn’t; so you might get some use from these 6 tips for marketing your ecommerce dropship
You can build the best website there could ever be, complete with all the bells and whistles, wonderful SEO and top notch products at bargain basement prices. But, if you don’t market that website, they will not come. Customers, that is.
Marketing, promotions and advertising….all of these is what helps to drive traffic to your dropship website so that you can sell your products.
Here are 6 tips for marketing your ecommerce drops ship business:
1. Use Social Media---Social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook are huge! In fact, at last count Facebook had over 800 million members and is still growing. Twitter has a respectable number of users, as well. These social sites are global, so you can reach out to a worldwide market of prospective customers if you hop on the social media bandwagon and harness some of that awesome power to market your dropship home business.
2. Use Email Marketing---Email marketing is an excellent, and low cost, way to get your message out there to consumers. Actively work on building your opt-in subscription list so that you have plenty of people to send your marketing emails to and drive traffic to your dropship business. If necessary, offer a small incentive for opting-in. You might give half price shipping on a future purchase or something along that line. The idea is to make the idea of joining your subscrip0tion list appealing.
3. Provide Excellent Customer Service---One of the smartest moves you can make to market your ecommerce dropship business is to provide exemplary customer service. This won’t cost you a dime! New customers are something you should always strive to get, of course, but repeat customers are golden. When you make an active effort to supply your customers with above average customer service, they will often become loyal, repeat customers. As if that wasn’t enough, they can also make fantastic brand advocates, providing wonderful advertising you don’t even have to pay for!
4. Be Mobile Friendly---If you haven’t already done so, make sure that your dropship business is mobile friendly. More and more consumers are using mobile devices to shop online and if your ecommerce site or listings aren’t mobile accessible; you’re losing sales and money.
5. Best Practices SEO---There are some who have said that with the advent of the Google Panda and Penguin updates, SEO is dead. Don’t believe it. SEO is far from dead and just as important as it ever was. So, be sure to make yourself familiar with the Google algorithm updates and then make sure your listings and website are optimized for them. Always remember the old e-tail adage---if you don’t exist with Google, you don’t exist. SEO will keep you ranking high in the search engine results, which means that people searching within your niche will see you.
6. Business Blogging---A blog for your ecommerce dropship business is a very worthwhile thing. Not only does it provide Google with the fresh, relevant, valuable content it wants for high ranking in search results, but it also helps open lines of communication between you and the buying public. If you start a business blog, be consistent. You need to post fresh content at least every day to be most effective.
Use these 6 tips for marketing your ecommerce dropship business and watch your sales skyrocket!
Did you know that email marketing for your dropship
business can be tremendously effective; helping you drive traffic, generate sales and build your brand?
It’s true! Using emails to stay in touch with your customers, gain new customers and spread the word about your promotions and new products is an excellent---and extremely cost effective---way to make your home dropshipping business successful.Benefits of Email Marketing
There are several benefits to email marketing:
- Cost effective---If you can write the marketing emails yourself, it’s a very low cost way to market your dropship business.
- Fast results---Email marketing usually delivers fast results, particularly if your email contains a dollars off coupon, free shipping, special sale price on a hot item or similar content.
- Able to target---You can actually target your marketing emails to a particular demographic of customers. For instance, if you have customers on your opt-in email subscription list that bought Christian music from you a while back, you can send them emails showcasing your new CDs in this genre, or a sale.
- Easy to track and measure---With many types of advertising, it’s difficult to gauge the ROI. (Return On Investment) But with email marketing, it’s easy to track and measure the success, or otherwise, of your emails. This can be enormously helpful to you in planning future campaigns.
- Helps build repeat customers---While you always want to strive for new customers, your repeat buyers are worth their weight in gold. Why? Because according to internet retail analysts, it’s six to twelve times less expensive to sell to a customer you already have then make a sale to a new customer.
Those are only a few of the many advantages of email marketing for your dropship business.Email Marketing Statistics 2012
The results are largely in for email marketing stats from 2012. Here are some interesting factoids that will help you realize what is going on with email marketing in the B2C, or Business to Consumer, sector:
- If your email subject line has a $ sign, it has an above average chance of being opened.
- If you personalize your email subject lines, they are 22.2% more likely to be opened.
- If you keep subject lines short and snappy---30 characters or less---your emails will have a higher than average rate of opens, clicks, and click-to-opens.
- If you’re skeptical about the power of subject lines, 64% of people in a survey said that they opened an email because of its subject line.
Source: Chadwick Martin Bailey
- If you’re actively marketing for mobile device users, as you should be, it may help to know that approximately 14% of email opens and clicks on mobile devices occur between 6 a.m. and 8 a.m. The second biggest peak email open time, with a 12% share, happens between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- If you wonder whether your marketing emails should contain special offers or not, here’s a stat that should resolve that issue for you: 58 percent of people say that getting discounts and special offers is the number one reason they subscribe to emails from businesses.
Source: Chadwick Martin Bailey
There is no doubt about the effectiveness of email marketing to grow and build your home dropship business, so get started today mapping out your next campaign and get ready for more traffic and sales!
According to internet research analysts, mobile commerce is growing by leaps and bounds and predicted to get even bigger as time goes on, so you might find it helpful to get these 7 tips to help you improve mobile marketing for your ecommerce dropship
What is mobile commerce?
Mobile commerce refers to the practice of shopping and buying online via a mobile device such as an iPhone, iPad or another similar device. As more and more people are acquiring mobile devices such as these, they are using them to browse and shop on the internet.
If you want to maintain a competitive edge within your niche, it is imperative that you make sure your dropship business website or listings are mobile device friendly, meaning that those who are shopping by way of their mobiles can access your products.
Failure to do this will result in the loss of a lot of sales for your home business!
With the swift popularity of shopping on mobile devices comes the need to use mobile marketing techniques, or marketing geared specifically to mobile device users.
Here are 7 helpful tips to get you off to good start with mobile marketing:
- When using multimedia to offer coupons, deals and promotions, be sure to assign a promo code to each coupon in order to track who is using what.
- Be careful about over texting! Even though most online shoppers appreciate promotions and coupons, you don’t want to bombard them with a barrage of texts, no matter what deals you are offering. This is a good way to get yourself blocked. Ouch! You also, by law, must offer an opt-out.
- Test various mobile devices to make sure your mobile website and browser is functioning properly. If it isn’t, you can lose a lot of potential customers.
- Use QR codes to interact with shoppers and show them your products, deals, etc. A QR code, or Quick Response code, is the trademark for a type of matrix barcode that can be scanned with a mobile device. Originally designed in Japan for the automotive industry, its patent holder has generously declined to exercise the patent rights so we can all use QR codes. There are free QR code generators available online.
- Use a quiz, poll or survey that mobile device users can easily answer as a way of engaging with them and also to gain insight into what they think and feel, as well as their buying and shopping habits.
- As with so many other things in life, timing is important. Research and surveys have shown that mobile devices are used most between 12:00 pm and 6:00 pm. While it might depend on the product to some extent, generally speaking the best time to send a marketing campaign is mid to late afternoon.
- When you want a response, go with SMS instead of emails. Research says that only about 25% of emails are opened, as compared to 95% of text messages. Big difference, huh? Also, text messages usually get a response much faster, within an hour on average.
Mobile marketing can help your dropship business be successful, so if you aren’t already using it---start today!
Anyone with an ecommerce dropship
business needs to use good marketing techniques, so it might help you to get some pointers on what NOT to do.
Marketing is important.
It drives traffic to your dropship website or listings and without that oh so important traffic and a steady stream of potential customers, your dropship business would wither on the vine….and eventually die.
In ecommerce, you can’t simply adopt a policy of “if you build, it they will come” because it isn’t true.
You can build the best website to be found anywhere on the World Wide Web or create the most fantastic listings on Amazon or eBay; but without marketing, your dropship product sales will suffer.
While it’s vital to have a good understanding of which marketing tactics to use for effectively driving traffic to your dropship products, it is probably equally important to have a fundamental grasp of what not to do.What NOT to Do in Ecommerce Marketing
While there are a number of things that shouldn’t be done in ecommerce marketing, let’s look at three of the very worst:I. Black Hat SEO:
Unfortunately, Black Hat SEO and article farming are still alive and kicking, although with not quite the same strength and energy as before the Google Penguin and Panda updates to the search algorithm. There are ecommerce entrepreneurs still using these marketing tactics, but we’ll see less and less of them as time goes on because Google is methodically weeding them out. What this means is that you should not, under any circumstances, stuff and cram your content with keywords for the sole purpose of boosting your rankings in search results.
Actually, doing this will have the opposite effect---you’ll not only get sent to the bottom of the pile in SERPs, you’ll probably be blacklisted for good by Google. If this happens, you are done for in ecommerce. Period. Don’t do this. The same holds true for article farming, which is the practice of hiring usually third world writers to churn out tons of ungrammatical, nonsensical and very poorly written articles crammed with keywords to get a boost in search results. Same results as Black Hat SEO and basically, part and parcel of the same. Don’t do this, either.II. Link Farming:
No, no, a thousand times no! If you are unfamiliar with link farming, that’s a good thing since it means you probably aren’t guilty of it. But, just in case you may run across this tactic someday and think it seems like a perfectly splendid idea; here’s what it means:
Link farming is the practice of setting up scads, even hundreds, of little blogs or websites for the sole purpose of linking back to your dropship website. Why would anyone do this? Because in theory, Google rewards sites with lots of back links with a boost in search engine results. In practice, however, this is true only if the links are high quality sites. If they’re nothing but ghost sites---dummies, if you will---whose only reason for living is to provide links to your reshipping website, Google will catch on PDQ and instead of rewarding you; will penalize you severely. Ouch. Don’t do this.III. Cherry Blossoming:
If you haven’t heard of this term, what it means is buying fans and followers on face book and Twitter, along with whatever other social sites you frequent for marketing purposes. This term originated in Japan, where little know celebrities, businesses and even sports teams paid people to like or follow them in order to accrue real friends and followers and thus, score points with the search engines such as Google. These professional fans are called Cherry Blossoms. Some Cherry Blossoms are bot generated accounts created for the one and only purpose of giving a company or person more social media clout. Honestly, it usually doesn’t work that way because there will be little or no interaction with Cherry Blossoms and the search engines have an uncanny knack of figuring this out. Don’t do this.
There you have three of the things NOT to do in ecommerce marketing for your dropship business! Now get busy and do the things that really will help you!
If you have a home online dropshipping
business, you may be interested in some tips about how to use email marketing to drive traffic to your products and boost sales, too.Click Here For a FREE Email Marketing E-Book!
There are various marketing methods that are effective are email marketing is right up there with the best of them!
Marketing Sherpa conducted a recent study of email marketing with some results that may surprise you.
For instance, here are some of the conclusions gleaned from the study:
- Only about 28% of relevant emails are sent on time to a targeted market with clear conversion goals.
- Approximately 35% of marketing emails are sent near to the launch date of a promotion to a partially segmented market with a sort of clear conversion goal.
- About 20% of marketing emails are sent after the launch date of a promotion to every name on the subscription list with vague, unclear or muddled conversion goals.
- More marketers are sending emails that are compatible with mobile devices.
- Viewers are using mobile devices more every day to read emails, surf the net, purchase, research and access social sites.
- Two of the least popular email elements were found to be among the most effective: landing pages and the target audience were discovered to be among the best elements to test.
- 67% of organizations planned to increase email marketing budget in 2012.
So, looking at these stats, we know that many dropship businesses are using the wrong, ineffective email marketing techniques and also that email marketing is so effective in driving traffic and increasing sales that two-thirds of businesses budgeted more money for it this year.
If you aren’t using email marketing you should be, and you should make sure you’re doing it right!
Drop Ship Access has the high quality, name brand products you need to build a successful dropship business and email marketing can help!
Check out Drop Ship Access today and find out how fast and easy it is to get set up with your own home business, and get a free ebook about email marketing to grow your dropship business!
If you enjoyed this article, you may also find this one useful: Ecommerce Dropship Tips: How to Build a Facebook Fan Base
If you work from home, you might appreciate these tips about marketing for your online drop shipping business.
Click Here For a FREE Ecommerce Marketing Strategies E-Book!
Marketing is absolutely vital to the success of your home online drop shipping business and while it does require some knowledge and effort to do it effectively, it isn’t rocket science that requires a marketing guru, either. You can learn and utilize the basics of marketing for your online drop shipping business and be able to increase traffic and sales, which will mean more profits for you.
The Importance of Marketing
Your online drop shipping business will only be successful if people find it. You might have the best products at the lowest prices, but if nobody finds your products, it won’t do you any good because you won’t make sales. So, using marketing strategies and techniques effectively will go a long way toward making sure shoppers who are looking for the products you are selling can find them---and you, specifically. This is what will make or break your online drop shipping business.
Here are some tips on marketing strategies that may help build your online drop shipping business:
- Use email marketing---Email marketing can be tremendously effective, so be sure to ask visitors to your site to sign up for your emails. You might offer an incentive such as a free ebook or whitepaper to sweeten the pot a little and encourage people to opt-in to your email subscription.
- Use social media marketing---It’s free if you DIY and enormously effective. Facebook has about 800 million users now and many of those people are potential customers for you. Twitter is also popular and another great opportunity for social media marketing for your online drop shipping business.
- Have a blog---A blog for your online drop shipping business can work wonders for you! Not only will it help with PR in the same way as social media marketing, but it also works to create quality content that will help boost your rankings in search.
Drop Ship Access has 1.7 million high quality products ready for you to start selling today and at rock bottom wholesale prices, too! Visit Drop Ship Access now and start your own online drop shipping business! It’s quick, easy and inexpensive!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one: How to Fix a High Bounce Rate in Your E-Commerce Dropship Business
Marketing for ecommerce: dropship
tips that you might find helpful in building your home business.Click Here For a FREE Ecommerce Marketing Strategies E-Book!
Marketing for ecommerce has some significant differences as compared to that of traditional marketing for a brick and mortar business. The main difference, of course, is that when you are dealing with ecommerce sales, you are doing business in a virtual store front in a virtual world---the World Wide Web. So the way you approach marketing for ecommerce is different. However, the basic goal of marketing any business---either online or off---is to increase awareness of your brand, business and products. This can be done on the internet quite effectively and usually much cheaper than marketing in the real world.
What Marketing Techniques are Best for Ecommerce?
There are several marketing strategies for ecommerce that work especially well. Here are a few:
- SEO---Search Engine Optimization. This is a marketing technique that ranks up there on the top of the heap! If you sue best practices SEO and make it easy for Google and the other major search engines to find your ecommerce business and/or products; half the battle is already won. So use your keywords judiciously and never slack off on keeping your DEO up to speed. There is a saying on the internet that is all too true: If you don’t exist with Google, you don’t exist. Remember that. Drop Ship Access has a free whitepaper with some valuable SEO tips and tricks.
- Social Media Marketing---Social sites such as Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and even LinkedIn can play a huge part in marketing your ecommerce dropship business. The sheer volume of members on these sites will work to your advantage in building your brand and marketing your dropship business if done correctly. If you’re unsure about how to begin, check out the premium education and ebooks offered free by Drop Ship Access.
- Email Marketing---Very effective and low cost as well if you are able to write your own newsletters. Even if you can’t, the cost of hiring a freelance writer to compose your marketing emails will be more than offset by the increase in traffic and sales on your dropship site. Drop Ship Access has a free email marketing ebook loaded with great advice that can help you get started.
Visit Drop Ship Access today and check out the 1.7 million high quality products available at genuine wholesale prices and learn more about marketing for ecommerce---dropship tips for your home business.
If you liked this article, you may also like this one: Drop Ship News: Extreme Makeover Twitter Style
Marketing for ecommerce is one of the most important things you can do to keep your online home business profitable and thriving, and a great way to market is to start a dropship
blog!Click Here For a FREE E-Book: The Benefits of a Business Blog!
The Benefits of a Dropship Blog
There are a lot of benefits to having a business blog. Here are a few that might entice you to roll up your sleeves and start a dropship blog post haste:
- Branding---When you have a dropship blog, you spread exposure of your brand across the internet. Building your brand is extremely important as it increases recognition of your business, leads to more referrals and word of mouth recommendations, plus it makes your business or brand more memorable which encourages repeat customers.
- Interaction---A dropship blog allows a chance for interactive dialogue between you and your customers, potential customers or just viewers in general. Studies of internet users have shown that more and more people want to be given the opportunity of interacting with a website or online business, so a blog is a perfect way to do this.
- Promotion---Okay, you want to promote your business. Nothing wrong with that and a dropship blog can help you promote your home business without spending a dime on advertising. While you don’t want to come on too strong with the sales hype, a well written and maintained dropship blog that offers something of value or interest to readers will most definitely help with promotion of your ecommerce home business.
- Free---A dropship blog is free if you can write the posts yourself. If writing isn’t your forte, you can hire a freelancer and the results of having a professionally written blog will more than offset the cost of the writer in terms of increased traffic and sales.
Drop Ship Access has 1.7 million high quality products available for you to start selling now, as well as premium educational material such as ebooks about starting a business blog, selling on eBay and much more! Check out Drop Ship Access today and learn how to start a dropship blog for your home business!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one:
Tips to Increase Sales in Your Online Dropship Business