Tips for Spooktacular Halloween Dropship Business Sales
Halloween is just around the corner and this is your chance to scare up some spooktacular dropship
Savvy ecommerce entrepreneurs understand the value of holiday sales and how you can greatly boost your bottom line by offering the products online shoppers will be looking for to celebrate these festive occasions such as Halloween.
Here is a little piece of pertinent info you might not know about Halloween: It’s the third largest of the year. Yes! Not too shabby, right? Knowing this should make it crystal clear to you just how very lucrative Halloween dropship business sales could be!
Here are a few more juicy little tidbits about Halloween sales as predicted for 2012 from the NRF. (National Retail Federation)
- A record 71.5% of Americans will take part in Halloween
- Seven in 10 Americans (71.5%) will get into the haunting Halloween mood, up from 68.6 percent last year and the most in NRF’s 10-year survey history.
- Consumers are expecting to spend more too; the average person will spend $79.82 on decorations, costumes and candy, up from $72.31 last year, with total Halloween spending expected to reach $8.0 billion.
And a quote that should further bolster your interest in Halloween dropship business sales:
“By the time Halloween rolls around each year it’s safe to say Americans have already spent two months preparing for one of the fastest-growing and most widely-loved holidays of the year,” said NRF President and CEO Matthew Shay. “Retailers know that when it comes to Halloween, new costume ideas for children, adults and pets, and the latest in home and yard décor top people’s shopping lists. We expect retailers to stock their shelves well ahead of time to capture the attention of eager holiday shoppers.”
Here are a few tips to help you get a slice of this extremely profitable holiday pie this year:
- Get started now! Although it may seem strange to think about Halloween product sales when the temps are still high in many parts of the country, the fact is that 52% of ecommerce sellers start their holiday sales preparations by or before Halloween. With such a large percentage of the population celebrating Halloween, you can bet that there will be early bird shoppers and you need to have something for them.
- Plan your social media, email marketing, AdWords and other marketing you plan to use for Halloween dropship business sales. Get it all mapped out and then get started.
- If you have your own website, decorate for Halloween! This will help to get shoppers in the holiday mood and do a lot to boost sales.
- Plan for cross platform success by making sure your website or listings are all mobile friendly. Mobile shopping is rising at a rapid rate. In fact, it almost doubled from the 2011 holiday shopping season and last year’s, with this year’s sales expected to rise even more. Don’t lose business because your Halloween dropship business products are not mobile device accessible.
Use these tips for Spooktacular Halloween dropship business sales and you will have a healthier amount of profit at the end of the year!