5 Dropshipping Tips: Gearing Up For the Holidays
It’s almost that time again, when holiday shoppers will be online looking for just the right gifts for those on their lists, so you may be able to use these 5 dropshipping
tips to help you gear up for the holidays.
One thing it is important to keep in mind is that even if your sales have been in something of a slump so far this year, if you play your cards right the holidays can work wonders to boost your overall bottom line.
Retail internet sales analysts are predicting record numbers of online shoppers for this season’s holiday buying and with just a little bit of preparation and work, you can get your share of this very profitable pie.
Here are 5 dropshipping tips for gearing up to bag those holiday sales:
1. Tune Up Your Website---Your dropship website needs to run like a well oiled machine 24/7, but if there was ever a time when a fast website with no errors was doubly important, it is the winter holidays shopping season. Check to make sure your pages are all loading correctly with no dreaded 404 errors and that it is loading FAST. Online shoppers are notoriously impatient at the best of times and when they are trying to do their holiday shopping you can count on their patience wearing thin. So, check your website thoroughly to make sure it’s as good as it can be.
2. Tweak Your SEO---Contrary to what you might have heard, SEO is not dead. In fact, it’s alive and thriving. You must utilize good SEO if you want to maximize sales through the holidays. Make sure you have lots of fresh, relevant content. Tweak your product descriptions and images. Use SEO on your social media pages and in all of your marketing tactics such as email newsletters.
3. Use Social Media---The holidays are a fantastic time to use social media marketing to its best advantage. Have some contests, offer freebies and coupons, give people an incentive to buy from your dropshipping website. You should decorate your social media pages for the holidays, too. Don’t overload it but do have some festive images and colors.
4. Map out a strong marketing campaign for the holidays. You can’t wait until the last minute and expect to be as successful as you would have been if you had gotten your ducks in a row and started earlier. Sit down and figure out exactly how you are going to market your dropshipping products, plan your promotions carefully and decide how you will boost your sales accordingly.
5. Last but not least, decide what dropship products you might add that will boost your sales during the holidays. You may think that your niche won’t lend itself well to adding gift type products and actually---it may not. If you are selling items such as incontinence pads, for example, there simply isn’t much of a way to get festive or add extra products that would make nice gifts and correlate with your niche. But, for the most part, most niches would be prime for adding extra money makers during the winter holidays. If you dropship camping supplies, for instance, the holidays present a great opportunity to highlight down sleeping bags suitable for cold weather camping.
Use these 5 dropshipping tips to gear up for the winter holidays and you’ll be sure to rake in a lot of extra sales and profits!