Pet Supplies Dropshippers: Holiday Gifts for Pets Boost Sales
Heads up pet supplies dropshippers
: you can boost sales during the upcoming holiday season with gifts for Fido and Fluffy, plus a variety of other pets.
According to statistics, people spend a lot of money on their pets. In fact, pet supplies is a fantastic dropshipping niche for this very reason. If you have been longing to walk away from a job you hate in favor of being your own boss and working from home with an ecommerce business, pet supplies as a niche has tons of promise!
This is especially true during the winter holidays when indulgent pet owners lavish gifts on their four footed friends, or in some cases---two footed or no feet. While it may seem strange to think that someone would buy Christmas gifts for a snake or a fish, people do it. Birds are big favorites for holiday gifts, as well. Actually, almost any kind of pet is a candidate for holiday gifts, so you would probably be well advised to offer a little something for many different sorts of pets.
That being said, the emphasis will be on felines and canines as cats and dogs are the most popular pets in the world.
Now, what kind of dropship products would appeal to pet owners looking for that special gift for a furry friend or friends?
Here are a few suggestions:
- Toys for dogs
- Toys for cats
- Stockings to hang by the chimney
- Edible treats for dogs
- Edible treats for cats
- Dog beds
- Cat beds
- Cat condos
- Cat scratching pads
- Heated crate or pet bed pads
- And much more
If you are skeptical that there is really much of a demand for pet gifts during the holidays, take a look at these stats from the American Pet Products Association:
- 53% of dogs and 38 percent of cats receive gifts at Christmas, according to those surveyed in the American Pet Products Association (APPA) 2011 / 2012 National Pet Owners Survey.
- Pet retail segments are traditionally among the leaders during the holiday selling seasons, even in the toughest of economic situations. Although this was the case in 2008 and 2009, and the economy only slowly started to improve in 2010 and 2011, pet owners always continued to spend money on their pets over the holidays.
- APPA is also thrilled to announce out of 259 pet owners recently polled on Facebook, 93 percent said “yes” they plan on purchasing a gift for their pet this holiday season. (2012)
And here is more good news:
These numbers are from the 2007 U.S. Pet Ownership & Demographics Sourcebook:
- 73% of all United States households (about 87 million) have at least one pet.
- Dogs are the top pet with 37.2% of pet owning households having at least one.
- More than 45 million people in the United States own dogs.
- 32 million of those people will buy Christmas gifts for their pets, and 10 million celebrate their dogs' birthdays.
Okay, we have firmly established that there IS a demand for pet gifts during the holidays!
Pet supplies dropshippers should start now to get their holiday gift items for pets lined up and work on marketing campaigns, promotion, social media campaigns, email marketing and more.
If you are dropshipping pet supplies and fail to offer holiday gifts for those pets, you are leaving money on the table.
Pet supplies drop shippers should begin immediately and be ready of the holiday shoppers!