How to Optimize Your Ecommerce Dropship Business for Mobile Shopping
In case you didn’t know, mobile shopping is increasing by leaps and bounds, so it would behoove you to make sure your ecommerce dropship
business is up to par and fully mobile friendly, especially since the holidays are very close and traffic will be booming on the World Wide Web.
In case you are unfamiliar with what mobile shopping is, here is a brief explanation:
Mobile shopping simply refers to shopping online with a mobile device. This could be an iPad, iPhone, tablet, smart phone…any mobile device that can access the internet may be used for shopping online.
eMarketer has released some of its latest findings about mobile shopping and the results should provide you with ample proof that if your dropship listings or website isn’t mobile friendly, you are definitely missing the boat….a boat loaded with sales and profits!
Here are some of these interesting stats about mobile shopping that may influence you to get in on it for your home business.
“Online sales from mobile shopping are predicted to be more than $41 billion in the US this year.
eMarketer has revised its United States e-tail ecommerce sales estimates to higher than originally estimated and reports that online sales from mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets could account for 16% of all US ecommerce.”
Still not convinced? Look at this:
- According to research from eDigitalResearch and IMRG in April 2013, 39% of smartphone owners have already used their mobile device to make a purchase and 10% of all ecommerce website visits come from mobiles.
Now, if you are ready to jump on the mobile shopping bandwagon, here are a few timely tips that will help you optimize your dropship business to snare more mobile sales.
- Make Payments Easy---If there is one thing you absolutely want to avoid with mobile shoppers it’s a lot of data entry. Avoid unnecessary forms to fill out, etc. Make payments as easy as possible by offering such methods as Paypal and Google Wallet, where most users will already have accounts with stored info.
- Make Viewing Easy---Be sure that your page layouts are optimized for mobile devices. In other words, it should adapt to fit any size screen and display accurately. Avoid overcrowding your pages or having “noisy” flash images and other distractions that divert the shopper from the main thing…your products.
- Use Apps to Track Mobile Shopping---Analytics are just as vital for mobile ecommerce as conventional online sales. Use apps that will help you analyze and measure your mobile shopping and sales so that you can see where you may need to improve.
- Security is Still Important---Security is just as important to mobile online shoppers as it is to everybody else, so be sure to prominently display your trust and security icons and certificates where mobile shoppers will easily see them and feel reassured.
- Make One Account Suffice---Your mobile shoppers shouldn’t have to maintain separate accounts. Make their regular online account the same as their mobile account for faster and easier login and use.
Now you have some ideas as to how to optimize mobile shopping for your ecommerce dropship business, so get started before the holiday rush!