How to Write Good Web Content for Your Home Dropship Business
Did you know that if you learn how to write good web content for your home dropship
business, your sales and profits will increase?
It’s true. Since the Google Panda and Penguin algorithm updates, high quality web content carries more weight than ever before with Google and the other major search engines.
You need fresh, relevant web content that offers something of value to readers for your ecommerce home dropship business.
Writing good web content isn’t rocket science and chances are that with practice, you can become at least proficient enough to make a good impression on Google so that your dropship site will rank higher in the SERPs, or Search Engine Results Pages. If you are an eBay or Amazon dropship seller, your content is just as important as if you had a website of your own. This means your titles and descriptions, basically.
Here are some timely tips on how to write good web content that is searchable and converts to sales.
- Decide which keywords you are going to focus on. In most cases, you will be better served by staying away from the most often used keywords for your niche and drilling down to develop long tail keywords phrases instead. One very good benefit to doing this is that you get more targeted traffic that converts to sales more easily.
- Learn decent SEO so that you can use your keywords to best advantage. SEO is still of extreme importance and it needs to be done right in order to be effective. So, if you aren’t proficient in basic SEO---take a webinar or read about how to use best SEO practices until you have a pretty good grasp of it.
- Make sure that your content isn’t misspelled or riddled with typos or poor grammar. This tends to give people the impression that you aren’t the sharpest knife in the drawer, or that you’re slovenly and careless---or both. This is not the way to win customers. So use spell check and proofread your content for typos and grammar.
- Work at making your product descriptions and any content about your dropshipping products as attractive as possible. After all, you’re trying to make a sale. So, without a ton of sales hype, focus on how your product can solve a problem for the shopper. People are far less interested in the nuts and bolts features of a widget than they are in what it can do for them.
- Practice writing good calls to action. You can write the best sales copy in the world but if you don’t have a strong, clear call to action, you will lose a lot of sales. A call to action needs to be unambiguous. Make it direct and straight to the point by asking for the sale. This is what you want the shopper to do, so let them know that.
Use these tips to help write good web content for your ecommerce home dropship business and watch those sales soar!