6 Tips to Make Working From Home Work for You With Dropshipping
Would you love to be working from home and wondering if you could make it work for you with the dropshipping business model?
Good news! You can!
There might be a better job somewhere than working from home but if there is, most of those who have their own ecommerce home business might find it hard to believe since they feel they have the closest thing to a 100% perfect way of making a living as exists in the world today.
Ecommerce has changed so many lives for the better. Before the World Wide Web, for instance, mothers who needed to earn an income were faced with the unpalatable choice of leaving their preschool children in day care or with a babysitter and going out to work or being broke. For many of these who were single parents, there really was no choice since no matter how much someone would love to stay home with their kids, someone has to put food on the table and provide shelter, clothing and other necessities of living.
For retired people who want to supplement an income that doesn’t stretch far enough in these days of rampant inflation and rising prices everywhere from the gas pumps to the grocery stores…working from home is a godsend.
Ditto for disabled people and many others who have found to their delight that they can earn a great living or as much extra money as they need right from the comfort and privacy of their own homes.
If working from home and ecommerce are the best things since sliced bread, dropshipping takes it up a notch toward total perfection. Why? Because it is the fastest, least costly and most profitable of any work at home job you could possibly find.
Here are 6 tips to make working from home work for you with dropshipping:
1. Decide on a hot niche, one that will have enough demand to keep you in traffic and sales. You can check out eBay to see which products are popular with a high sell through rate, check keywords of possible niche products in the free Google Keyword Tools to find out how many global searches are performed for it each month, read reviews on Amazon and check out the Amazon Top 100 in each category, as well.
2. Find a reputable wholesale product source that will give you genuine wholesale prices, has high quality products and good business practices such as prompt shipping, sending low inventory notices so you don’t over sell and more.
3. Choose your dropship products and then list them on your website, or the online venue of your choice such as eBay or Amazon.
4. Market your dropship home business. Use social media marketing, email marketing, content marketing, video marketing and more to drive traffic to your web site or listings. Remember, business goes where it’s invited, so invite people to check out your dropship products.
5. Provide great customer service. This is the backbone of any sales enterprise both online and off. Treat people right both before and after the sale and your customers will make the best sales people you could find, plus great brand advocates that send you referrals and new customers.
6. Treat your home dropship business as a business. Yes, it’s pure bliss to be able to work in your pajamas and work your own hours….staying at home when the weather outside is frightful….avoiding the hustle and bustle of a long commute to work and back or spending a small fortune on gas back and forth to your workplace…but it’s still work and you must treat it as a job. You will not be successful working from home if you fail to hold yourself accountable for good work habits.
Use these tips to make working from home work for you with a dropship business!