Dropship Video Games for Big Holiday Sales & Profits!
If you are looking for a great ecommerce niche for the upcoming holidays, here is an idea for you: Dropship video games for big sales and profits!
If you dropship video games during any time of the year it is a profitable, proven winner of a niche, but this is especially true during the holidays as these products are high on the Holiday Wish List of many people and thus, high on the lists of many who will be buying gifts.
If you are wondering whether or not there is any proof to back up this claim that dropshipping video games is a good idea, check out some of this info from the Entertainment and Software Association:
“No other sector has experienced the same explosive growth as the computer and video game industry. Our creative publishers and talented workforce continue to accelerate advancement and pioneer new products that push boundaries and unlock entertainment experiences. These innovations in turn drive enhanced player connectivity, fuel demand for products, and encourage the progression of an expanding and diversified consumer base.” —Michael D. Gallagher, president and CEO, Entertainment Software Association
Here are some video gamer demographics:
- The average U.S. Household owns at least one dedicated game console, PC or smart phone
- There are an average of two gamers in each game-playing U.S. household
- 51% of U.S. households own a dedicated game console, and those that do own an average of 2
The average age of game players is 30.
Gender of game players:
- Women 18 or older represent a significantly greater portion of the game-playing population (31%) than boys age 17 or younger (19%)
- The average age of the most frequent game purchaser: 35
- Of the most frequent game purchasers, 54% are male and 46% are female
- 43% of game players believe that computer and video games give them the most value for their money, compared with DVDs, music or going out to the movies
What types of video games are being played?
- Strategy 2.3%
- Sport Games 15.3%
- Shooter 21.2%
- Role-Playing 6.5%
- Racing 5.8%
- 1.7%Other Games/Compilations
- 22.3% Action
- 8.3% Adventure
- 0.2% Arcade
- 3.0% Casual
- 0.5% Children's Entertainment
- 8.6% Family Entertainment
Now let’s touch on the most popular (translate that to most sold) video games so far in 2013:
- Crysis 3
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
- Far Cry: Blood Dragon
- Devil May Cry
- Metro: Last Light
- Thomas Was Alone
- Bioshock: Infinite
- Tomb Raider
- Ni No Kumi: Wrath of the White Witch
- The Last of Us
Knowing which video games are red hot will help you know which ones to dropship during the holidays.
If you want to start an ecommerce home business in dropshipping as a full time venture or just want to pick up some extra cash for holiday spending of your own, dropship video games for big sales and profits!