Opening an Online Dropship Music Store
If you love music and are thinking about starting your own online dropship music store, there is good news and bad news.
Let’s start with the bad news and get it out of the way.
The bad news about selling music is that sales have been declining, slowly but surely since digital music hit the internet. These digital downloads have definitely hurt the sales of music.
The good news is that music is still a very lucrative niche! There is a world of opportunity in online music sales, regardless of the negative impact digital downloads have had on the industry.
If you are serious about opening an online dropship music store, you should first decide how much you want to specialize. Do you want to sell strictly classical music, for instance, or heavy metal?
Based on statistics by internet sales analysts, you would probably be better off to diversify when it comes to music sales. Try to offer something for almost everybody!
Here are the Best Selling Artists for 2009:
- Michael Jackson, 8.2 million
- Taylor Swift, 4.6 million
- Andrea Bocelli, 2.6 million
- Michael Bublé, 2.2 million
- Carrie Underwood, 1.8 million
- Black Eyed Peas, 1.8 million
The Best Selling Albums of 2009 were:
- Fearless, Taylor Swift, 3.2 million
- I Dreamed a Dream, Susan Boyle, 3.1million
- Number Ones, Michael Jackson, 2.3 million
- Fame, Lady Gaga, 2.2 million
- My Christmas, Andrea Bocelli, 2.2. million
- Hannah Montana Movie Soundtrack, Hannah Montana, 1.8 million
- E.N.D. (Energy Never Dies), Black Eyed Peas, 1.7 million
- Relapse, Eminem, 1.7 million
- Blueprint 3, Jay-Z, 1.5 million
- Only by the Night, Kings of Leon, 1.3 million
The Best Selling Albums of the Decade are:
1 “Beatles 1,” Beatles: 11,564,000
2 “No Strings Attached,” N’Sync: 11,113,000
3 “Come Away With Me,” Norah Jones: 10,579,000
4 “Marshall Mathers LP,” Eminem: 10,216,000
5 “Eminem Show,” Eminem: 9,818,000
6 “Confessions,” Usher: 9,730,000
7 “Hybrid Theory,” Linkin Park: 9,697,000
8 “Human Clay,” Creed: 9,495,000
9 “Oops!...I Did It Again,” Britney Spears: 9,185,000
10 “Country Grammar,” Nelly: 8,464,000
As you can see, the mixture doesn’t include much classical, folk or instrumental music. Still, since you can stock your virtual shelves with as many products as you like with a dropship store, why not go ahead and include a very eclectic mixture?
After all, there are buyers for every type of music, and why should you miss those sales when you don’t have to?
Drop Ship Access has a fantastic selection of music available for you to start selling in an ecommerce music store today! With over 12,000 products available, you will certainly have no problem finding a nice mix of items to sell that will suit every taste!
Check out the music selection at Drop Ship Access!
Drop Ship Music