Dropship Video Games for Big Holiday Sales & Profits!
If you wish you could pick up some extra money for the upcoming winter holidays or just need to supplement or replace your income, you might dropship video games
to rack up lots of sales and profits! Click Here For a FREE Dropship Niche Toolkit!
Video games are HOT! Even during this economic downturn that has the nation in the throes of high unemployment and escalating inflation with consumers paying high prices at the gas pumps and grocery stores; video game sales have been strong. This may be not so much in spite of the economy, but actually due to the economy because more and more people are staying home for entertainment rather than going out to movies and other places such as video arcades.
Here are some interesting statistics for 2010 gathered by the Entertainment Software Association:
- U.S. computer and video game software sales grew 22.9 percent in 2008 to $11.7 billion – more than quadrupling industry software sales since 1996.
- Sixty-eight percent of American households play computer or video games.
- The average game player is 35 years old and has been playing games for 12 years.
- The average age of the most frequent game purchaser is 39 years old.
- Forty percent of all game players are women. In fact, women over the age of 18 represent a significantly greater portion of the game-playing population (34 percent) than boys age 17 or younger (18 percent).
- In 2009, 25 percent of Americans over the age of 50 play video games, an increase from nine percent in 1999.
- Thirty-seven percent of heads of households play games on a wireless device, such as a cell phone or PDA, up from 20 percent in 2002.
- Eighty-four percent of all games sold in 2008 were rated “E” for Everyone, “T” for Teen, or “E10+” for Everyone 10
- Ninety-two percent of game players under the age of 18 report that their parents are present when they purchase or rent games.
- Sixty-three percent of parents believe games are a positive part of their children’s lives.
Here is some data put together by the NPD Group, a global market research company, in 2009:
- Game console software sales totaled $8.9 billion with 189.0 million units sold
- Computer games sales were $701.4 million with 29.1 million units sold
- There was a record $2.1 billion in portable software sales with 79.5 million units sold
So, what do all of these factoids tell us? That dropship sales of video games are a good bet for anyone wanting to start a home business.
Check out some of the great video game selections at Drop Ship Access. With over 2100 products in the category, you will have no problem choosing plenty to stock your virtual store shelves and get in on the holiday spending spree for your share of the profits!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one:
Dropship Tips: Product Reviews Pack a Powerful Punch!