Ecommerce Dropship Tips: 7 Ways to Improve Your Conversion Rate
If you have an online home dropship
or other ecommerce business, you are probably very much aware of your conversion rate and always looking for new ways to improve it. After all, driving tons of traffic is fabulous, but unless you are able to convert a sufficient number of those visitors into customers, having a stampede of traffic every day won’t be of much benefit to you, will it?Click Here For a FREE E-Commerce Marketing Strategies E-Book!
Many ecommerce entrepreneurs have pulled their hair and gnashed their teeth in frustration and despair brought on by poor conversion rates. This is indeed a serious matter because (a) you are losing money from sales you should have made and (b) Google will penalize you in the search rankings for having a low conversion rate. Therefore, if your current conversion rate is in the pits, you definitely need to go about improving it!
Here are 7 simple ways to boost your conversion rate:
1. Don’t hide the shipping charge until after a customer has filled out a registration form. Yes, you want that info but attempting to get it before showing someone what they will be paying for shipping seems slightly underhanded and the majority of people don’t like it. Many of those people will abandon their shopping carts and leave without completing the transaction and you end up with……zilch.
2. Offer more than one payment method. Paypal, for instance, is very popular but some people don’t like it, so be sure to have a good choice of methods buyers can use to pay for their products.
3. Have a great site search in which a visitor can search by SKU, name of the product and even common misspellings.
4. Use breadcrumb navigation so that a shopper can always see where they have been and where they are going on your site.
5. When filling out registration, shipping and billing information; if a customer flubs one bit of info do not make them start all over! Make sure they can simply fix the one that’s wrong and highlight the error box in red so that they know where they made the blooper. Having to go back through a whole form and re-enter a bunch of stuff is enough to make people exit your site and never go back.
6. Show some products designated as “Best Sellers” or “Most Popular.” It’s a known fact that people buy under the influence of what other people have bought, so this is a conversion rate booster that has been proven to work!
7. Stay above the fold with the all-important Three Ps---Product name, Product price and Purchase link. You don’t want to make a shopper scroll down to get this information. They should be able to see it at a glance on the top half of the web page.
Use these tried and true methods to improve conversion rates in your ecommerce online home dropship business!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one: Build Your Dropship Business: Start Using eMail Marketing in 5 Easy Steps