Dropship Tea for a Profitable Home Business Niche!
Anyone looking for a profitable home business niche for online sales could do worse than dropship
tea, one of the most popular beverages all around the world. Click Here For a FREE Dropshipping Niche Toolkit!
Tea has been around for many centuries and has long been a favorite drink of people from all nationalities and all walks of life---from carpenters to kings! Tea leaves are carefully cultivated to produce teas of various types and strengths. Iced tea is a perennial favorite in the Southern United States, where residents drink it year round and especially appreciate its cooling, refreshing goodness during the sweltering hot days of summer.
But hot tea is probably more imbibed than iced tea, and there are tea aficionados who are extremely picky about the kind of tea that finds its way to their cups.
The main point here is that if you dropship tea, you are sure to have a huge, international target market of potential customers! Nor is tea a seasonal drink. You can depend on having a big demand for tea all throughout the year. Tea is also a niche that lends itself well to building a lucrative repeat customer base, as well as bundling, up selling and cross selling as many tea drinkers will buy tea balls, tea spoons, tea cups and tea pots, too.
Here are some encouraging statistics from assorted market studies of tea sales:
Source: International Tea Committee
- Annual imports of tea into the US have grown 25% over the last 20 years. Green tea imports have increased by 118%.
- In 2007, the tea industry experienced a 20% growth in sales of Ready-to-Drink (RTD) teas.
Source: Mintel, Tea & RTD Teas-US, May 2009
- The U.S. market will grow 28 percent in current prices and 18 percent in inflation-adjusted prices during 2008-2013.
Source: Mintel Global New Products Database
- In 2007, the industry experienced significant new product launch activity- 3,095 non-food global new product launches with tea as an ingredient.
Source: Packaged Facts 2007
- The U.S. tea market is projected to expand by more than $7 billion by 2012, with nearly three-quarters of that growth from the specialty and premium markets.
Source: The Specialty Tea is "Hot" Report
- Tea sales in the US were expected to exceed a phenomenal $10 billion in 2010 for both beverage and non-beverage categories.
So, as you can see, dropship tea is one niche that won’t leave you in the lurch for a profitable home business!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one:
eBay Dropshippers: How to Make Money & List Products That Sell!