Heads Up Dropshippers: Health and Wellness is a Thriving Niche!
If you have an established home dropship business or are contemplating starting one---heads up, dropshippers
: health and wellness is a thriving niche!
Make no mistake about it….health and wellness is a booming business! People all around this big blue marble are more health conscious and concerned about wellness than ever before. Being bombarded on a daily, ongoing basis with poisons, toxins, carcinogens, pollution and unhealthy additives in almost everything we eat, drink and breathe---we probably all have good cause to worry about our health and wellness!Click Here For a FREE Ecommerce Marketing Strategies E-Book!
Retail statistics show an ever increasing trend in sales of health and wellness products, both online and in traditional brick and mortar stores. For our purposes as regards a home dropshipping business in ecommerce; naturally we’re more concerned about the e-tail, or online sales. That being said, it is helpful to get a peek at the overall big picture of health and wellness sales both online and off.
Look at these stats from Partnership Capital Growth Focus: Market Statistics Health and Wellness
- U.S. consumer sales of nutrition products grew 4.4% to $108.3 billion in 2009. Despite the tough economic environment, nutrition product sales are expected to expand another 6% in 2010.
- Over 87% of U.S. consumers take some form of dietary supplements.
- Overall sales of supplements in the US in 2009 represented $26.9 billion at retail.
- Multivitamins alone amassed $110 million in sales in 2009.
- Sales of herbal supplements in the mass market retail channel grew 15% to nearly $900 million in 2009 representing over 17% of the total $5 billion consumer sales.
- The weight loss and diet control industry was approximately $60 billion dollars in 2009.
- 69% of Americans used some form of complementary and/or alternative medicine in the last year. There are 50% more visits per year to CAM practitioners than to traditional medicine practitioners.
- Over the past thirty years prevalence of obesity has tripled. In 2009, 9 states had an obesity rate of 30% or higher compared to no states in 2000. Today nearly three-quarters of the U.S. population is overweight, obese, or extremely obese.
- Within the health care system, studies find that obesity accounts for around $168 billion annually in direct costs, nearly 17% of U.S. medical costs.
- Health economists estimate the indirect costs of obesity are $4.3 billion a year for absenteeism and $506 per obese worker per year for lower worker productivity.
- Approximately 70% of American adults are concerned about their weight and more than half (53%) are actively trying to lose weight.
- The single highest response in a recent PWC Survey indicated that employers planned to spend money expanding or improving wellness programs inside the United States (67%). 76% of survey participants (up from 69% two years earlier) and 85% of large employers (>5,000 lives) now offer some form of wellness program to eligible individuals.
Convinced that dropship sales of health and wellness products for your home business would be an extremely profitable niche with a huge target audience of potential customers?
Drop Ship Access has a great selection of health and wellness products at true wholesale prices, ready for you to start selling now, so check it out today!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one: Your Dropship Business: Finding the Best Wholesale Product Source