Be a Smart Dropshipper: Social Networking Sites Boost Sales
Be a smart dropshipper
: social networking sites can help build your brand and boost sales to make your home business in ecommerce a huge success!
This is the age of the social sites. Savvy drop shippers know this and have jumped on the bandwagon with social media marketing, undoubtedly one of the most cost effective and efficient types of marketing if you want bang for your buck.
If you think only kids use Twitter, MySpace and Facebook---think again!
Millions of people are using these sites and a lot of them are for promotion of a business or company. Although there is a bit of ground work to do and you will need to put in some time familiarizing yourself with the Dos and Don’ts of social networking sites for marketing purposes; it isn’t rocket science and you can soon master the fundamentals to at least get you started.
Social Media Stats
Here are some factoids and stats about social media marketing that you might find interesting and applicable to your dropshipping business:
- Facebook is widely considered the most important social media lead generation tool for B2C (Business to Customer) marketers, with 77% saying they have gotten a new customer through Facebook.
- 60% of B2C marketers say they have acquired a new customer via a business blog, which is also considered social media marketing.
- For B2B (Business to Business) companies, LinkedIn has proven the most effective, with 65% saying they got a new customer through this professional social network. Company blogs ran a close second at 60%, Facebook at 43% and Twitter bringing up the rear with a not unimpressive 40%.
Source: Marketing Charts
Janrain, a social Web user management platform provider, recently released its Social Identity study with the research conducted by Blue Research. Here are some results:
- Offering a “social” sign-in on your website may just net you more customers and sales. A social login means that visitors are able to login to your website using their Facebook, Twitter, or another existing social network sign-in info.
- 86% of respondents reported being bothered by the need to create new accounts at websites and said they would actually change their behavior:
54% might leave the site and not return
26% would go to a different site if possible
6% would just simply leave or avoid the site
14% would not complete the registration\
- 88% admitted to supplying incorrect information or leaving form fields incomplete (this result should come as no surprise to marketers). This figure is up from 76% in last year’s study
- 90% admitted to leaving a website if they couldn’t remember their login details rather than taking the time to recover their login information. This figure is up from 45% in 2010
The study also found that even though website visitors are becoming more frustrated with traditional marketing, they are becoming more open to using social identities for website registration.
In fact, 77% responded that social login is “a good solution that should be offered,” with 41% preferring social login over creating a new user account or using a guest account.
Source: Marketing Sherpa
This probably gives you an idea of just how very powerful social network sites are these days and why it would benefit your reshipping business to get started with social media marketing ASAP!
With the holidays coming up, this is a prime time to work every angle of marketing you possibly can.
Be a smart dropshipper: social networking sites boost sales!