Home Business Tips: The Lowdown on Being a Dropship Salesperson
Anyone thinking of becoming an ecommerce entrepreneur might appreciate a few home business tips and the lowdown on being a dropship
First of all, let’s establish the fact that although there may not be such a thing as the perfect job, the truth is that a home business is about as close as you can come to it.
Being your own boss….working the hours and days of your own choosing….scheduling vacations when it is most convenient for you without having to hassle with coworkers about time frames….basically writing your own paycheck while avoiding the mad dash back and forth to a job you despise every day…..working in your pajamas if the spirit moves you….etc. etc. etc.
The list of all the many perks and privileges associated with a home business could go on and on.
Honestly, it’s wonderful.The Difference in Being a Dropship Salesperson
So, is there a big difference between being a dropship salesperson as opposed to being any other sort of salesperson; such as cars or real estate, for example?
Well----yes and no.
While being a dropship salesperson in many ways is the same as being any other sort of salesperson, there are differences. Let’s take a look at the things that are similar:
- You are endeavoring to sell a product to a consumer.
- You must apply certain rules of salesmanship that are pertinent for any sort of sales.
- You need to deliver excellent customer service.
- You will probably have to market your products to some extent and in some way.
- Your income will depend on the number of sales you make and in many instances, the amount spent by the customer.
Those are the basic likenesses between being a dropship salesperson or a salesperson that sells clothing in a retail store or candy in the mall. There are common precepts that must be adhered to and followed in order to make sales and be a successful salesperson.
Now, let’s look at some of the differences between being a dropship salesperson and another type of sales person:
- You don’t have to leave the comfort, privacy and security of your own home to hustle up customers.
- You don’t have to put up with an obnoxious, overbearing boss or supervisor.
- You don’t have to rub elbows constantly with bickering, backbiting coworkers.
- You don’t have to take breaks at a set time or even work hours and days determined by someone else.
- You aren’t out any expenses for a brick and mortar building or store to sell your products.
- You don’t have to buy inventory up front, house it or move it around.
- You don’t have to confine your sales to established business hours and days since ecommerce sales go on 24/7.
- You aren’t limited to local traffic as online traffic is global.
- You can make as much money as you need to make instead of a set amount on a paycheck each week.
- You have much more time for family, friends and yourself.
Is that enough differences to illustrate the advantages of being a dropship salesperson online rather than someone who sells other things, like insurance or advertising?
The benefits of being a dropship salesperson are tremendous!
Now, at this point you may be asking yourself what the down side to being a dropship salesperson might be. Guess what? There really isn’t a down side. You’ll need to observe the general rules of salesmanship, but you’d have to do that anyway.
No, if there are any cons to the pros and cons of having your own home business and being a dropship salesperson, rest assured that the pros far outweigh them!
Get started today with a home business as a dropship salesperson and change your life for the better!