3 Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Ecommerce Dropship Store
With the holidays right around the corner, you might appreciate a few tips to increase traffic to your ecommerce dropship
First of all, let’s clarify “store.”
You may be dropshipping on eBay, Amazon, Bonanza, Overstock or another similar venue and not actually have a web store, per se. However, for the purposes of this article, we’ll simply refer to your dropship products---wherever they may be listed---as your store.
Holidays bring a huge influx of shoppers to the World Wide Web!
In fact, more and more people are choosing to shop online due to the ease and convenience. Really, can we blame them? Just look at the benefits of shopping online:
- No elbowing your way through a milling crowd in a brick and mortar store. If you doubt that this is a big plus, cast your mind back to that poor Walmart employee who was literally trampled to death by a herd of shoppers a couple of years ago.
- No burning up fuel driving from store to store and mall to mall. With prices at the pump high enough to cause most of us a mild case of sticker shock; this is a considerable benefit.
- No wasting time going from store to store when you can shop online and let your fingers do the walking. Unless you have a mighty slow internet connection, no way will you be able to get from Point A to Point B as fast as you can hop from site to site online.
- Better prices, more promotions. Although this is not always the case, you can usually find lower prices and better deals online than in brick and mortar stores. Why? Simply because it costs a small fortune to maintain a brick and mortar store what with utilities, the building itself, insurance, displays, storage, employees, etc. Somebody has to pay for all these things and guess who it is? That’s right---you.
There are other advantages, of course, but you get the idea. More folks are shopping online and this trend is a boon for an ecommerce entrepreneur!
Now, let’s look at 3 ways you can divert some of that massive stream of holiday traffic to your own dropship store during the winter holidays:
1. Work out some great promotions, tasty enough to attract shoppers. You might use loss leaders, which means offering a product at a very low price for the sole purpose of using it as bait to catch bigger fish when shoppers come to your store. You can certainly have some free shipping deals. Ditto for coupon codes.
2. Market those promotions! Get the word out. Use social media marketing and post all of your promotions on your Facebook page, tweet them, etc. Definitely have a fantastic email marketing campaign for the holidays and pump up your efforts to solicit referrals, as well as people to sign up on your opt-in email subscription list. Having killer promotions won’t do any good if nobody knows about them.
3. Beef up your SEO and keywords. True, Google has made some changes with its Panda and Penguin updates. But SEO is still what it’s all about as far as getting traffic to your dropship store, so don’t fall down on using your keywords to best advantage. This will help you get picked up by the search engine spiders and the result is a higher placement in the SERPs , or Search Engine Result Pages.
These tips will help you get your fair share of the very rich holiday shopping pie if you use them correctly, so get started now to increase traffic to your dropship store!