Email Marketing Tips for Your Dropship Internet Business
Email marketing for your dropship business is one of the most affordable and effective ways of driving traffic to your products and boosting sales.
If you are just getting started in ecommerce, you may not be at all familiar with email marketing and might be glad of some info to bring you up to speed about this excellent way of generating sales and income.
What is Email Marketing?
As usual, we turn to our old internet friend and fount of wisdom: Wikipedia. Wikipedia has this to say in definition of email marketing:
“Email marketing is directly marketing a commercial message to a group of people using email. In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing. It usually involves using email to send ads, request business, or solicit sales or donations, and is meant to build loyalty, trust, or brand awareness. Email marketing can be done to either cold lists or current customer database. Broadly, the term is usually used to refer to:
- Sending email messages with the purpose of enhancing the relationship of a merchant with its current or previous customers, to encourage customer loyalty and repeat business,
- Sending email messages with the purpose of acquiring new customers or convincing current customers to purchase something immediately,
- Adding advertisements to email messages sent by other companies to their customers
Researchers estimate that United States firms alone spent US $1.51 billion on email marketing in 2011 and will grow to $2.468 billion by 2016.”
Tips for Using Email Marketing
Here are some tips to help you use email marketing to promote your dropship business:
Give people a good reason to subscribe to your opt-in email list. You might offer free shipping on their next purchase, a substantial discount on products or shipping, a free ebook or something along that line. The idea is to motivate customers and visitors to your dropshipping business so that they will choose to subscribe and receive your emails.
Make it easy for people to subscribe to your opt-in email list. Keep the form very simple! Sure, you might like to know such things as birthdays and addresses---but keep your eye on the ball and go for that email addy first and foremost. If you get someone signed up to receive your emails, there will be time to harvest other data later.
Internet readers don’t actually read….they scan. So, if you want your emails to be opened and the recipients to take the desired action, which is visit your site; make those marketing emails scannable!
- Keep your primary message above the fold. This is an old newspaper term that simply means keeping your main message on the top half of the page where readers can see it right away and get an idea of what it contains.
- All of your marketing emails should be mobile friendly. More and more people are using mobile devices to surf the net, read emails, visit social sites, etc. So, to ensure a high open rate, make your emails easily accessible by mobile devices.
Use these email marketing tips to generate sales and income for your dropship internet business!