7 Tips to Increase Online Dropship Sales
Is there an ecommerce entrepreneur anywhere that isn’t interested in increasing online dropship
Well, provided they have a dropship business and work from home, that is.
A dropship business is one of the easiest and most efficient of any work from home enterprise you could possibly find.
It’s fast and extremely easy to set up and maintain, plus it’s low cost, which is appealing to many wannabe work from homers who are starting a business on the proverbial shoestring.
Now, let’s assume that you have your online home business up and running and now you need some tips to increase your online dropship sales. What can you do that will help drive traffic and increase sales?
How to Increase Your Bottom Line
There are a lot of things you can do to help increase online dropship sales.
Let’s start with those of you who have your own websites as opposed to using eBay or Amazon for your marketplace. Since those internet commerce mammoths have an enormous amount of traffic flowing through their sites every day, if you’re selling on there you won’t have to work as hard to get traffic since these sites are doing a lot of that for you.
Here are some basics that should stand you in good stead and help increase dropship sales:
- Since the advent of the Google Panda and Penguin updates, Google wants high quality, relevant content. This means that you can’t outsource some person to write scads of fractured English and weirdly phrased content for peanuts anymore as long as it’s stuffed with keywords. Google now actively frowns on this practice (thank goodness) so the days of “article farming” to boost rankings in SERPs is a thing of the past. Just provide fresh, relevant, high quality content and you’ll get higher search rankings; which will mean more traffic and consequently---more sales.
- Using great marketing techniques will work wonders for your online dropship business! The beautiful thing about marketing for ecommerce is that much--or even all--of it, depending on your personal capabilities, can be done by you and not cost a penny! Email marketing, social media marketing…these are fabulous ways to increase traffic and sales!
- Think global! When your dropship sales are online, the whole world is your oyster! Unlike traditional brick and mortar stores, you aren’t limited to mostly local traffic, but may have shoppers from all corners of the world. Make sure that your dropship product source is set up to ship globally, of course.
- Make sure your dropship site is mobile friendly. This can’t be stressed enough! With more and more Road Warriors doing their shopping on mobile devices, it’s a case of snooze and you lose. So, if your site isn’t mobile accessible---get busy and get it up to speed before the big holiday shopping rush begins.
- If you don’t have a Facebook page for your dropship business…do it now! Once you get your page looking good, be sure to post to it regularly and include such things as promotions, contests, steals and deals. You should also install a Like widget on your dropship site so that shoppers can share with their social circle on Facebook. You might be surprised how many sales are made this way, since it’s a proven fact that people tend to buy under the influence of others.
- Even if you have your own dropship website, it wouldn’t hurt and would almost definitely help to run some listings on eBay and/or Amazon. Bear in mind that these two giants of online marketplaces have a huge amount of traffic every day!
- Perform routine maintenance on your dropship site to make sure everything is running smoothly. The better and speedier your site, the less shopping cart abandonment you’ll have, which translates to more sales.
Use these tips to help increase online dropship sales!