Dropshipping: Easy Start Up Home Business for Online Sales
If you are looking for a way to make money working from home, dropshipping
is an easy start up home business.
More and more people are dropping out of the rat race to start earning money from home in an ecommerce business.
And no wonder!
Ecommerce is where it’s at these days as millions of consumers discover the ease and convenience of buying online. Take a look at some of these statistics about online shoppers:
- 73% do at least half of their shopping online
- 66% would rather shop online than in a brick and mortar store
- 4 out of 5 shop online to get a better selection to choose from
- 7 out of 10 say they shop online for better deals and promotions, such as free shipping
- 2 out of 3 say they shop online because it’s cheaper
What helps online shoppers decide whether or not to make a purchase?
1. Positive Customer Reviews
2. Retailers Descriptions
3. Negative Customer Reviews
- 45% of online shoppers have bought something online that they would not buy in person.
- Shipping: 96% are more likely to shop on a site if it has free shipping.
- Returns: 87% are more likely to shop on a site if it has free returns
- 62% rarely return items bought online
- 68% prefer to ship purchases back to the online store
- 32% prefer to return online items to a physical store
- 41% prefer email
- 27% live chat
- 25% phone call
- 7% never contact
This is some interesting stuff and besides illustrating the popularity of shopping online, also clearly provides a glimpse into the minds of many online shoppers as far as what they want and what they expect in the way of promotions, customer service and more.
Online Holiday Shopping 2012
Here is what Forrester Research predicts for holiday shopping 2012:
The steady growth in the number of web shoppers also is helping to boost e-commerce sales. Forrester says that 192 million U.S. consumers will shop online in 2016, up 15% from 167 million in 2012. But the bigger factor in driving e-commerce growth is that each shopper will spend more on average, the report says. U.S. consumers in 2016 will each spend an average of $1,738 online, up 44% from $1,207 in 2012.
Many consumers will prefer the web to bricks-and-mortar retailers in large part because of online deals, the report says—70% of holiday shoppers last year said they made purchases online rather than in stores because online retailers offered better deals.
Aggressive merchandising and discounting from flash sale and daily deal retailers.
More online loyalty programs, including shipping clubs such as Amazon Prime that offer free two-day shipping for a $79 annual fee. Forrester says that 12% of online shoppers belonged to such programs in 2011, up from 9% in 2010. Of those consumers who belonged to such a program last year, 61% said they bought from the retailer that operated the program.
The increasing popularity of smartphones and tablet computers among consumers, which leads them to spend more time online, including for shopping.
It’s pretty plain to see that you can have a booming business in online sales and you won’t find a better way to make money from home than dropshipping---easy start up home business!