Work at Home: How to Dropship With Amazon
If you want to work at home, how to dropship
with Amazon should furnish you with some solid info and plenty of motivation to make it happen!
First of all, you should know that Amazon is the
giant marketplace….bigger than eBay and according to sellers who have used both venues, easier and slightly more seller friendly.
Learning how to dropship with Amazon isn’t rocket science, but there are some simple steps you must follow in order to get set up and start making money; and then to continue running a profitable enterprise.
What Can You Dropship With Amazon?
Some categories are copacetic and some are not allowed on Amazon, so if you have decided you want to dropship with Amazon, be sure to choose a product niche that is allowed.
Here are the categories that are open to all sellers on Amazon:
- Amazon Kindle
- Baby Products
- Camera & Photo
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Consumer Electronics
- Everything Else
- Grocery & Gourmet Food
- Health & Personal Care
- Home & Garden
- Kindle Accessories
- Musical Instruments
- Office Products
- Personal Computers
- Sports and Outdoors
- Tools & Home Improvement
- Toys & Games
- Video, DVD, & Blu-ray
- Video Games
Some categories are okay provided you get approval from Amazon first.
Subscribers to Professional accounts may sell in these categories with permission:
- Automotive Parts & Accessories
- Clothing, Accessories & Luggage
- Collectible Books
- Entertainment Collectibles
- Gift Cards
- Industrial & Scientific
- Shoes & Accessories
- Sports Collectibles
If you don’t see it on either of the two lists above, just figure that you can’t sell it on Amazon and choose another product.
Amazon Seller Account Features
Here are the features included with a Professional Seller’s account:
- Ability to create new products and add them to the Amazon Catalog
- Fulfillment by Amazon enabled
- Use of feeds, spreadsheets and other tools to load inventory
- Access to order reports and order related feeds
- Seller customized shipping rates (for products other than Books, CD and Vinyl, Video and DVD products)
- Promotions, Gift Services, and other special listing features
- Eligible for featured merchant status: this is necessary to win the Buy Box on product detail pages
This plan costs $39.99 monthly, plus other selling fees. An individual selling account only includes the first two features shown in the above list. However, you wouldn’t need the Fulfillment by Amazon, so basically you would just be getting the “Ability to create new products and add them to the Amazon Catalog.” This is sufficient for most home based dropship businesses.
There is no monthly fee for the individual selling account. You pay $0.99 per sale, plus other selling fees.
Uploading Your Products to Amazon
It’s fast and easy to upload your dropship products to Amazon. Here is the scoop on this aspect of selling on Amazon, straight from their website:
“There are several ways to add your products to Amazon.com.
- Create one product at a time via Seller Central's Add a Product
- Use the Listings Loader in Seller Central if you are listing many products that are already in the Amazon Catalog
- Use Inventory File in Seller Central if you are listing many products that are not yet in the Amazon catalog (not available for Individual Sellers)
- Work with the easy-to-use Amazon Seller Desktop application to list single or bulk products”
How About Payments?
You might be wondering how you get paid through Amazon and how long it takes. So, again we go directly to the horse’s mouth, so to speak. Here is the lowdown on payments per the Amazon website:
“Amazon settles your account between 7 and 21 days.
- It usually takes about 3-5 business days for the funds to appear in your bank account
- Make sure you have entered valid information in Seller Central for your U.S. bank checking account”
So, there you have it! Dropship with Amazon, work from home and enjoy all of the perks and privileges that come with being your own boss!