6 SEO Tips to Help Build Your Online Dropship Business
Regardless of what you might have heard to the effect that since the advent of Google’s Panda and Penguin updates, SEO is dead…don’t believe it because Search Engine Optimization is alive and kicking; and these 6 SEO tips can help build your online dropship
SEO is necessary for your success in ecommerce.
It’s just that simple.
If you are just getting started in a home dropship business, or are planning to get one up and running soon; you need to master at least the basics of SEO.
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. Simply put, it’s a way for the search engines to find your website or dropshipping listings on Amazon, eBay or whatever marketplace you are using.
Think about it. The World Wide Web is HUGE and there are literally millions of websites and ecommerce products for sale. If you want yours to get noticed and shown in SERPs, or Search Engine Results Pages, you will have to use SEO best practices.
In case you are a newbie, it might be helpful to explain a bit about how search engines work.
Search engines such as Google send out “spiders” to crawl through websites and find the content that people are looking for online. For example, many people perform a Google search for “dog beds.” So, Google would send its bots to search for this keywords phrase.
In the past, there were “article farmers” who outsourced for extremely cheap articles crammed to the hilt with keywords, just for the purpose of getting picked up by these search engine crawlers. Quality or having the content actually offer anything of value to the reader was not a consideration because the sole purpose of the Black Hat SEO was to get ranked higher in the SERPs.
Linking worked much the same way. Some website owners would buy scads of links without regard to the quality of who they were linking to, just to get higher rankings in search results because at one time, quantity of links was more important than quality.
Now, thank goodness, Google has changed all of that.
No more article farming, no more poor quality links. At least for the savvy ecommerce entrepreneurs who know better, anyway. To do these things now is a sure and certain way to get blacklisted with Google and the other major search engines.
The moral of the story is that you need to use good SEO.
Here are six tips to help you use basic SEO best practices:
- Use high quality content. Offer content that gives something of value to the reader, be it informative, entertaining, whatever. Remember, focus on quality rather than quantity and don’t stuff your content with keywords.
- Use your keywords judiciously wherever they will benefit you most. If you have your own website, be sure to use your prime keywords in page titles, product titles and descriptions, alt image tags, etc.
- Avoid duplicate content! This is frowned upon by Google and other search engines. Provide fresh, relevant, high quality content and you will be rewarded with higher rankings in SERPs.
- Use product reviews to help furnish the search engines with fresh content and since the reviews will be about your dropship products, your keywords will be included.
- Have a dropship business blog. This affords you an excellent opportunity to feed fresh content to the search engines while providing readers with helpful info, tips and strategies to help them be successful in a dropshipping home business.
- If you offer coupons, try to get them listed on internet coupon sites. And be sure to use your keywords. This kills two birds with one stone. You get some great quality links plus make more sales!
Use these 6 tips for great SEO and they will help build your online dropship business!