How to Be Super Successful on eBay with Dropshipping
You may have heard the hype that successful dropshipping
on eBay is a myth.
It isn’t true.
The truth is that there are many successful eBay sellers using the dropshipping business model and doing quite well at it, too.
Although eBay fees are high, they are much cheaper than trying to establish and maintain a traditional brick and mortar store, and compare fairly well with having your own website when all is said and done.
A website of your own means you are fee free, but there are still a lot of other expenses, such as your domain registration, your web hosting service, professionals to design and do all the technical part of building and doing maintenance on your website, the fees you pay to credit card companies for their services and so on and so forth.
eBay has a lot to offer someone who wants to work from home and make a comfortable living because:
- It’s huge and has a tremendous amount of global traffic
- It has payment gateways in place
- It now offers shopping carts
- It advertises and markets and you reap the benefits
- It has many ecommerce business features such as Turbo Lister and more
In fact, eBay is one of the two largest and most popular online marketplaces today, with Amazon still leading as Number One. Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t use dropshipping as a seller on eBay and have a great business!
Tips for Successful eBay Dropshipping
There are a lot of ways to be successful as an eBay seller using dropshipping. Here are a few that you might find useful:
- Choose your niche wisely. Like any other venue---online or off---the niche you choose is vitally important to the success or failure of your venture. You must have a product that is enough demand to provide you with a steady stream of traffic and prospective customers. Research and learn what those niches are and start from there.
- Choose your dropship wholesale product source wisely and make sure your supplier is giving you true wholesale prices. When you are buying for resale, you make your money when you buy, not when you sell. This simply means that if you pay too much up front for the dropship products you will sell on eBay, you won’t be able to turn a decent profit on them when they sell.
- Make sure that your wholesale dropship product supplier ships promptly and uses secure packaging. Customers tend to get irate if they have to wait an inordinately long time to get their widget and really get snaky if it is improperly packaged and arrives smashed to smithereens.
- Be honest about a time frame for delivery. You don’t have to spill the beans that the product is being dropshipped, but do tell the truth about an estimated date of delivery. People usually don’t mind a little longer wait to get their item if they were forewarned, but if you mislead them into expecting a faster delivery than is possible; they may become disgruntled.
- Use your own product descriptions instead of the ones on your wholesale product source’s website and if possible, your own images, as well. There are multiple benefits to this. First of all you can make your descriptions really sing with great SEO that will help you in search if you write them yourself. You can also have more and better images if you take the photos yourself, offering more views, for instance. People like plenty of great images. Besides that, you can bet that you won’t be the only eBay seller who is listing a particular dropship product. So, to stand out from---and above---the pack having your own distinctive images and descriptions will be a big help!
Use these tips to be super successful on eBay with dropshipping!