Social Media Marketing 101 for Your Home Dropship Business
Are you ready to try social media marketing to promote and build your home dropship
If so, it’s a good idea to learn at least a few of the basics of this type of marketing. It can be hugely successful, or you can blunder in unprepared and really put your foot in it, basically self sabotaging your chances of doing good for your online business.
There were naysayers in the beginning of the whole social media craze that said social media marketing would be a flash in the pan, a seven day wonder that would be here today and gone tomorrow. As we have seen, this is not the case at all. Far from it, in fact. Social sites are booming and their popularity doesn’t seem in any danger whatsoever of waning in the foreseeable future. So, it seems safe to predict that social media marketing will continue to be a great way to make your dropship business successful.
Not Rocket Science
Although social media marketing isn’t rocket science, there are some ins and outs, do and don’ts, things to keep in mind when you embark on it as part of your ecommerce marketing strategy.
Contrary to what you may think, you don’t have to be a real whiz with techie stuff to do an adequate or even super great job of using the social platform to grow your home dropship business. If you go about it the right way, it won’t even take too terribly much time.
Getting Started with Social Media Marketing
Here are some tips to help you get started in social media marketing for your home dropship business:
- First things first: decide which social communities you want to focus on before you get started. While there are a bunch of social sites on the internet, you can’t reasonably expect to work all of them and do it well. So, choose two or three that seem best suited to your niche and go from there. The three most popular social sites at the moment are Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter.
- Don’t succumb to the temptation to fly in there and accrue as many fans and followers as possible just to beef up your numbers. Instead, look around at some of the groups on these platforms and try to interact with the ones that seem most likely to have a genuine interest in your niche. Quality counts for a lot more than quantity!
- Listen more than you talk. This is a biggie! Yes, you want to establish yourself as an authority within your niche for your dropshipping business, but you’ll score more points with other users if you do more listening than talking. When you do talk, say something of value to others. It might be a promotion, a coupon, even a funny storey…the main idea is to offer something valuable in some way.
- Be sure to incorporate SEO into your social media marketing. Google is picking up social media stuff in real time these days, so the more valuable, SEO rich content you provide via a social channel; the better your rankings in search engine rankings.
- Use videos when and where you can. People love videos! You can make simple videos that are sufficient to your marketing purposes that will help build your brand and drive traffic to your dropship business. How-to videos are especially popular and if you can lighten them up with a bit of humor, so much the better.
- Polls are a great way to interact with others on social sites. Internet research has shown conclusively that people like to make their voice and opinions heard, so let them do that!
These tips can help you get started in social media marketing for your home dropship business.