6 Tips for Marketing Your eCommerce Dropship Business
You may have seen the movie Field of Dreams with its famous quote about a baseball field: “If you build it, they will come” and think this is the case with your website, but it isn’t; so you might get some use from these 6 tips for marketing your ecommerce dropship
You can build the best website there could ever be, complete with all the bells and whistles, wonderful SEO and top notch products at bargain basement prices. But, if you don’t market that website, they will not come. Customers, that is.
Marketing, promotions and advertising….all of these is what helps to drive traffic to your dropship website so that you can sell your products.
Here are 6 tips for marketing your ecommerce drops ship business:
1. Use Social Media---Social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook are huge! In fact, at last count Facebook had over 800 million members and is still growing. Twitter has a respectable number of users, as well. These social sites are global, so you can reach out to a worldwide market of prospective customers if you hop on the social media bandwagon and harness some of that awesome power to market your dropship home business.
2. Use Email Marketing---Email marketing is an excellent, and low cost, way to get your message out there to consumers. Actively work on building your opt-in subscription list so that you have plenty of people to send your marketing emails to and drive traffic to your dropship business. If necessary, offer a small incentive for opting-in. You might give half price shipping on a future purchase or something along that line. The idea is to make the idea of joining your subscrip0tion list appealing.
3. Provide Excellent Customer Service---One of the smartest moves you can make to market your ecommerce dropship business is to provide exemplary customer service. This won’t cost you a dime! New customers are something you should always strive to get, of course, but repeat customers are golden. When you make an active effort to supply your customers with above average customer service, they will often become loyal, repeat customers. As if that wasn’t enough, they can also make fantastic brand advocates, providing wonderful advertising you don’t even have to pay for!
4. Be Mobile Friendly---If you haven’t already done so, make sure that your dropship business is mobile friendly. More and more consumers are using mobile devices to shop online and if your ecommerce site or listings aren’t mobile accessible; you’re losing sales and money.
5. Best Practices SEO---There are some who have said that with the advent of the Google Panda and Penguin updates, SEO is dead. Don’t believe it. SEO is far from dead and just as important as it ever was. So, be sure to make yourself familiar with the Google algorithm updates and then make sure your listings and website are optimized for them. Always remember the old e-tail adage---if you don’t exist with Google, you don’t exist. SEO will keep you ranking high in the search engine results, which means that people searching within your niche will see you.
6. Business Blogging---A blog for your ecommerce dropship business is a very worthwhile thing. Not only does it provide Google with the fresh, relevant, valuable content it wants for high ranking in search results, but it also helps open lines of communication between you and the buying public. If you start a business blog, be consistent. You need to post fresh content at least every day to be most effective.
Use these 6 tips for marketing your ecommerce dropship business and watch your sales skyrocket!