Can You be Successful with a Home Dropship Business?
Are you longing to escape your 9-5 job and wondering if you can be successful in a home dropship
If so, read on….it’s not as hard as you might think!
Many people stay in jobs that make them unhappy because they don’t know there is a better way. The fact is that thousands of folks just like you have attained personal and financial success with a home business, and you can, too!
Home businesses are really on the rise. This is partly due to the economic recession that is essentially global, and partly because the internet has streamlined starting a home business with the advent of ecommerce.What is Ecommerce?
Ecommerce, according to that free fount of wisdom, Wikipedia, is this:
“Electronic commerce, commonly known as e-commerce, is a type of industry where buying and selling of product or service is conducted over electronic systems such as the Internet and other computer networks.
Modern electronic commerce typically uses the World Wide Web at least at one point in the transaction's life-cycle, although it may encompass a wider range of technologies such as e-mail, mobile devices, social media, and telephones as well.
Electronic commerce is generally considered to be the sales aspect of e-business. It also consists of the exchange of data to facilitate the financing and payment aspects of business transactions.”The Ecommerce Difference
If you wanted to open a traditional brick and mortar store, you would have a very sizable outlay of cash. Here are just some of the expenses one would incur in the starting and running of a regular store:
- Rent or lease on a building
- Property and casualty insurance
- Liability insurance
- Storage space or warehouse
- Fixtures such as displays, shelves and more
- Office furniture
- Phone bill
- And more
Before ecommerce, opening a business cost a small fortune. In fact, the majority of people had to take out a bank loan. But with ecommerce, especially dropshipping, you have none of those expenses.
None. Nada. Zilch.
You don’t even have to buy inventory because you never have your dropship products in your possession and only pay after the customer pays you.
No building to rent or lease, none of those up-front and running costs of a traditional store. You might not become one of the internet millionaires, but you can make a comfortable living with a home dropship ecommerce business.Can You be Successful in a Home Dropship Business?
Now, for the qualifier. Yes, you can be successful in a home dropship business if you have some of these traits:
- Determination---You have to keep on trucking even when you hit a bump in the road. Successful ecommerce entrepreneurs understand that there will be setbacks from time to time, and know how to forge ahead and overcome them.
- Good Work Ethics---When you work for yourself, you must be a self starter. You must be able to get up and go to work, even when it’s just in the other room or down the hall of your home. You must be willing to put in the time required to make money with your home business. You must know or learn how to manage your time wisely. You must provide great customer service.
- A Great Niche---Much of your success in a home dropship business depends on your niche. Do your homework before deciding what to sell and choose a niche product with a big enough demand to provide you with plenty of customers.
That is a trimmed down, basic view of what it takes to be successful in a home dropship business, but if you can adhere to just those three facets of running your ecommerce endeavor---you’re on the right road to success!