Hey Dropshipper! Social Networking Sites Can Build Your Business
Heads up dropshipper
: social networking sites can help build your brand and vastly improve your home business sales!
Whether you like sites such as Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and others; the reality is that millions of people do like them and use them daily, or even several times a day.
Facebook currently has in excess of 800 million users.
Eight. Hundred. Million.
That’s almost mind boggling. If you don’t think making a connection with some of those people will benefit your dropshipping business, you need to put your thinking cap on and try again.
Just imagine if you were only able to make customers out of one half of one percent of those 800 million users. You would have 4 million new customers! But let’s be modest and say that you don’t manage one of one percent. Even one tenth of one percent of that humongous number of Facebook users would put you on Easy Street!
Twitter has millions of users, too. MySpace, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram….the list of social sites is growing and the number of users who interact with those sites on a regular basis is growing, too. Age Demographic on Social Networking Sites
If you’re thinking that the average age demographic on sites such as Facebook is teeny boppers, go get the thinking cap again.
Take a look at these numbers from 2012:
- 55% of Twitter users are 35 or older.
- 63% of Pinterest users are 35 or older.
- 65% of Facebook users are 35 or older.
- 79% of LinkedIn users are 35 or older.
Not teenyboppers! But hey, even if a lot of them are teenagers, these kids have buying power and they know how to use it! Many of today’s teens have their own credit and debit cards and are avid online shoppers. If your dropship products are something they’re buying, social networking sites are a prime place to connect with them.
Here are some more stats that should interest you.
Based on the sites used in this survey, the approximate estimated age of the average social site user is a little below 37 years old. Here are some more points:
- The oldest users. LinkedIn has the oldest user base, with the average user being 44.2 years old.
- The average Facebook user is 40.5 years old.
- The average Twitter user is 37.3 years old.
- The age trend for Facebook and Twitter. Compared to a previous survey we did two and a half years ago, the age of the average Facebook user has gone up two years, while the age of the average Twitter user has gone down two years. In other words, Twitter’s user base is getting younger, while Facebook’s is getting older.
Genders & Social Networking Sites
Now let’s look at gender. Who is using social networking sites more---males or females?
- 17 out of 24 sites (71%) have more female than male users.
- The average gender distribution is 48.75% male, 51.25% female.
- Most male-dominated site? Slashdot (87% males) is the standout, followed by Hacker News (77% males) and Stack Overflow (76% males).
- In general, the more tech-focused sites in this survey have more male users than female.
- Most female-dominated site? Pinterest (79% females) is in a league of its own, followed by Goodreads (70% females) and Blogger (66% females).
Facebook and Twitter have the same gender distribution: 40% male, 60% female
Female dominated Pinterest is taking the internet by storm! Again, this is a demographic not to be overlooked. In many families, the female is the one who does the bulk of the shopping and buying, both online and off.
Hopefully these facts and numbers have convinced you to start being a savvy dropshipper and using social networking sites to grow your home business!