Hot SEO Tips for Your Home Dropship Business
Are you interested in some hot SEO tips for your home dropship business?
Although some believed that Google’s Panda and Penguin algorithm updates meant the death of SEO, nothing could be further from the truth. SEO is very much alive and kicking and if yours isn’t up to par, it will cost you money!
If you are new to ecommerce, you might be wondering what SEO is. Here, direct from that trusty free online encyclopedia, Wikipedia, is a definition of SEO:
“Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine’s "natural" or un-paid ("organic") search results. In general, the earlier (or higher ranked on the search results page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine's users. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, video search, academic search, news search and industry-specific vertical search engines.
As an internet marketing strategy, SEO considers how search engines work, what people search for, the actual search terms or keywords typed into search engines and which search engines are preferred by their targeted audience. Optimizing a website may involve editing its content, HTML and associated coding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines. Promoting a site to increase the number of backlinks, or inbound links, is another SEO tactic.”
Basically, using good SEO means that your dropship listings or your dropshipping website will have a much better chance of being ranked high in the SERPs, or Search Engine Results Pages. Since internet research has shown time and again that the majority of online users seldom go past the first page of search results…..this is obviously where you want to be in order to get plenty of traffic and sales.
Now, here are some handy SEO tips for your home dropship business:
- Use your keywords wisely. If you are writing product descriptions, for example, be sure to have your primary keywords in the first and last sentence of the descriptions. Ditto for the title.
- If you are using content marketing and writing articles to promote your dropship business, use the same principle with your keywords---title, first and last sentence. As far as everything in between, aim for a keyword density of around 2% and write your content for humans instead of search engines. Google will reward you for this!
- Be sure to use good SEO for your image alt tags, meta tags, headers and site map. This will help Google and the other search engine crawlers to find your dropship business site or your listings.
- If you are active in social media marketing, which hopefully you are, don’t forget to use best SEO practices on your social sites, too. Use your keywords to best advantage on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, MySpace, LinkedIn or whatever social platform you are leveraging.
- Submit a site map to Google. Sure, Google and the other search engines will probably find your dropship site eventually without a site map, but submitting it to them expedites the process considerably.
- Use Google Webmaster tools to track and analyze your SEO. You will find a whole suite of SEO tools from Google that can be extremely helpful to you. For instance, you can find out which search queries brought one of your pages up in Google search results, your most popular landing pages and which search engine they came from and even a geographical breakdown of where your click throughs are coming from.
Use these SEO tips for your home dropship business and watch traffic and sales soar!