How to Attract Buyers on eBay: Dropshipping Sales Tips
Anyone who wants to work from home with an ecommerce business might be interested in a few dropshipping
sales tips about how to attract buyers on eBay.
Although the internet has opened up the whole world as a consumer market to ecommerce entrepreneurs---a huge improvement over a traditional brick and mortar store where you depend mostly on local traffic---the fact is that the World Wide Web is a big, big place. So, if you want to make sales, you must devise ways to drive traffic to your site or listings.
A steady flow of traffic is what makes sales, since without potential customers to see what you have to offer, your home business cannot prosper and you won’t be able to earn a comfortable living.
When you sell on a giant online marketplace such as eBay or Amazon, you have an advantage when it comes to traffic because both of these sites have an enormous stream of global traffic 24/7, which will be a big help to you. That being said, you still need to work on ways to attract eBay viewers to your dropshipping products.
Here are some tips to help attract eBay buyers:
- Write great titles! Your title and your gallery photo are the first thing shoppers see as they scroll through eBay listings. You need to make your title one that instantly grabs a viewer’s attention and incites interest in your dropshipping listing, so that a shopper will click through to see all of the details. Use good SEO in your eBay titles, trying to keep your main keywords as close to the front of the title as possible. For example, if you are dropshipping classical music CDs, use the keyword phrase “Classical Music CD” as the beginning of your title, going on to say what composer it is and other pertinent info.
- Have great images! Your eBay images are crucial if you want to attract buyers, so make sure they are large enough and that they are clear and accurately depict the item. If at all feasible, don’t use the stock image from your wholesale products source’s website. Instead, obtain one of every dropshipping product you are selling on eBay and take your own photos. Get multiple views so that buyers can see the product fully. Images are vitally important with ecommerce because shoppers are unable to really see the item and must depend on photos and descriptions.
- Write fantastic descriptions! Your descriptions should be written as though there are no photos. Be sure to include all pertinent info about your dropshipping products. For example, if you are selling lingerie, be sure to have the size, the measurements, materials and anything else that would help the shopper make an informed buying decision and pull the trigger on the sale. Use SEO to its best advantage in your descriptions.
- Provide excellent customer service so that you are a Top Rate Seller. This will give you a boost in the notorious eBay Best Match search. The higher up your ranking in search, the more eBay shoppers who will see your dropshipping listings.
- Free shipping will give you a boost in search ranking, as will a 14 day return policy. Factor the amount of shipping into your sale price and that way you don’t lose any money. eBay charges Final Value Fees now on shipping costs, anyway, so you might as well build the cost into your sale price and attract more buyers.
Use these dropshipping sales tips to attract more buyers on eBay and have a profitable home ecommerce business!