How to Use Email Marketing to Grow Your Home Dropship Business
If you want to grow your home dropship
business, one effective technique you can use is email marketing!
Email marketing is extremely effective as far as a marketing strategy and it can be quite cost effective, as well. Many ecommerce business people have discovered the power of email marketing and used it to make more sales and boost their bottom lines.
According to a recent study conducted by Silverpop about email marketing, there are benchmarks by which you can gauge all email marketing. Here are some interesting stats and info from this study:
- Emails pertaining to consumer products had the highest scores for open rates---scoring an impressive median 25.4%.
- When it comes to click through rates, consumer product emails were way up there near the top again.
- Top performing categories such as consumer products have the lowest email bounce rates.
- Looking at unsubscribe rates, consumer products fared very well again, with a mere 0.04%.
So, with your business in dropshipping consumer products of some kind, you’re basically a shoo-in for being successful with email marketing providing you pay attention to the details.
Dollar for dollar, email marketing is widely considered to provide the best ROI (Return On Investment) than any other form of marketing. Based on information from the Direct Marketing Association, email marketing consistently outperforms any other channel in generating income.
Take a look at this from the Direct Marketing Association:
- Email: $39.40 for every dollar spent
- Search: $22.38 for every dollar spent
- Display: $19.71 for every dollar spent
- Social: $12.90 for every dollar spent
Wow! It seems clear enough that if you have an online dropship business, you should be using email marketing!
Here are some tips for successful email marketing:
- Don’t try to do it without outside help. Services such as MailChimp and Constant Contact are extremely reasonable and automated so that sending out big, bulk batches of marketing emails is easy peasy. Much, much easier and faster than you could try to do it one email addy at a time.
- Be sure to stay within the guidelines of CAN-SPAM laws. Read the Bureau of Consumer Protection’s CAN-SPAM Act Compliance Guide if you are unclear about what you can and cannot do regarding marketing emails.
- You should always design your marketing emails to be mobile device friendly. With more and more consumers accessing the internet with mobile devices, you need to be sure that your emails are mobile accessible.
- Building your opt-in email subscription list should be an ongoing, high priority type of thing. You should actively solicit subscriptions, but don’t do it before a shopper completes the checkout process. Asking for too much info too soon, such as an email address, could cost you a sale.
- Have a catchy subject line that will motivate recipients to open and read your marketing emails. Use buzz words that attract attention!
These tips for email marketing can help grow profits for your home dropship business, so get started today and watch those sales soar sky high!