Home Business Ideas: Can You Dropship on Amazon?
If you would like nothing better than to escape the drudgery and low pay of your present 9-5 job in favor of being your own boss with a home business, you might be wondering if you can dropship on Amazon.
The answer is short and sweet: Yes.
Yes, you can. In fact, many dropship sellers are enjoying tremendous success on this giant marketplace and you can, too!
First of all, if you are considering Amazon as your dropshipping venue, you’ve already taken a step in the right direction. This amazing online marketplace gets a huge volume of global traffic 24/7. In fact, the site gets an estimated 20 million visitors (global) on any given day, with about 132 million visitors a month from the United States alone.
Wow! That is a LOT of traffic and if you dropship on Amazon, you can count on getting much more exposure than on a smaller website, or your own website.
You will have to pay fees to dropship on Amazon, as well as adhere to their strict policies and rules for sellers. But, these policies are really nothing except good customer service and being an honest, reputable seller---something you should strive for anyway. If you are a good seller and run a service oriented dropship home business, you will have no reason to chafe at Amazon’s rules.
You may have heard that dropshipping was forbidden on Amazon because the seller had to have actual physical possession of the goods being sold. Listen up! This is no longer the case.
It is perfectly permissible nowadays to dropship on Amazon as the site no longer insists on a seller having possession of the products sold.
Unless you plan to sell in very large volume, the basic pricing plan should be sufficient to your needs. Here are the steps you will need to take in order to dropship on Amazon.
- Set up a seller account. You will need: Your business name, address, and contact information. An internationally-chargeable credit card with valid billing address. A phone number where you can be reached during the registration process. Your tax identity information. Choose your plan, the $39.99 a month plan is what many dropship sellers choose.
- Once this registration process is complete, list your products. Be sure to use excellent descriptions and good, clear images.
- Your next step is pricing. Stay competitive, but don’t try to undercut all of your competitors since this is a poor business practice. Amazon has some rules about pricing, but as long as you don’t vary drastically from the fair market retail price of your products, you won’t have anything to worry about.
- Once you have priced your products, register to collect online payments from your buyers.
- Select a shipping method. For dropshipping, this will be the method used by your wholesale product source to ship the products you sell. If you are within the U.S. and select the Domestic Standard shipping time, your U.S. buyers should expect to receive their items in 4 to 14 business days from the time payment is made. There are various other shipping methods with associated expected delivery times.
You have some big advantages if you dropship on Amazon, namely that customers all over the world know the site and trust it.
If you are looking for a great home business idea, consider getting set up to dropship on Amazon today for great profits!