Dropshipping Tips: How to Become an eBay Powerseller
If you would love to work from home and be your own boss, you might appreciate some dropshipping
tips about how to become an eBay Powerseller!
First of all, let’s clarify something: If you have heard or read any malarkey about how it is impossible to be successful on eBay with the dropshipping business model---forget it. This is simply not true.
One thing to bear in mind about information such as this is that much success or failure in any endeavor depends on a variety of factors. Just because one person failed with dropshipping on eBay and is now disgruntled and running around shouting from the rooftops how it can’t work doesn’t mean that another person wouldn’t be extremely successful as an eBay dropshipper.
Frankly, some people will fail miserably at just about any undertaking and in the final analysis; the failure is nobody’s fault but their own.
Some people have bad work habits and poor work ethics. They aren’t willing to put in enough time to be successful and don’t provide good customer service, which is absolutely essential on eBay. Those two things by themselves will sink the ship of dropshippers on eBay who are guilty of them.
The fact is that you can certainly become an eBay Powerseller and Top Rated Seller, as well, with dropshipping---IF you go about it right!
Here are some do’s and don’ts of dropshipping on eBay if you want to be a Powerseller and Top Rated Seller:
- Choose your niche carefully. Ideally, it will be a niche that is in demand but without an inordinately high amount of competition.
- Choose a wholesale dropship product source with high quality products. If there is one thing that will bring a screeching halt to your career as an eBay seller, it is selling crummy, inferior products. You will get a lot of negative feedback and Item Not As Described cases filed against you, along with a lot of refunds. eBay doesn’t tolerate a lot of this, so you won’t get too many strikes before you’re out.
- Make sure your product supplier gives you low inventory notices so that you don’t oversell. This is a really bad thing all year long because customers don’t like it. But, if it happens during the holiday shopping buyers will really be irate and you’re going to get negative feedback when you have to cancel their orders.
- Provide excellent customer service. Make sure your buyers get tracking info and messages that their item/s has shipped. If there is a problem be proactive and try to solve it to their satisfaction as soon as possible. Be courteous and polite at all times, even if the buyer is a stinker. You must remain professional! Answer questions and messages promptly.
- Don’t give your buyers unrealistic expectations about when to expect their item/s. While you don’t have to reveal that it will be dropshipped, do be honest and straightforward about when they can reasonably expect it. People don’t mind that much if it takes a while to get their item if they are forewarned right up front. It’s when you fudge about the delivery time and have them expect it earlier than it will really reach them that things get ugly.
Use these dropshipping tips to become an eBay Powerseller and Top Rated Seller!