How to Dropship with Amazon for a Profitable Home Business
If you are tired of trudging to a job that makes you miserable --- day after day, week after week, year after year --- and would love to have a profitable home business, learn how to dropship with Amazon and you can soon kiss that dead end job goodbye!
Dropshipping with Amazon is much easier than going it on your own, especially when you are first getting your feet wet in ecommerce. If you try to fly solo right off the bat with your own website, you will be incurring a ton of work and cannot hope to get the sort of massive global traffic that flows through Amazon 24/7.
This is not to say that having your own website for a dropshipping business would never be a good idea, but for most beginning ecommerce entrepreneurs, it is more than a little overwhelming.
When you dropship with Amazon, you get the benefit of the millions of visitors through the site, plus the fame of the Amazon name. The fact is that most people in the civilized world have at least heard of Amazon. When you dropship with Amazon, you get the benefit of the site’s popularity and as an added bonus, acquire the trust that online shoppers associate with this giant marketplace.
Trust is a crucial issue with ecommerce. One of the biggest obstacles you will face with dropshipping or nay kind of online sales is overcoming the doubt and lack of trust many shoppers feel in buying from a merchant online. But, when you dropship with Amazon, a site well known for putting customer satisfaction first, the trust people feel for the site will rub off on you simply because you are a part of it.
Here are some things you will need to do in order to dropship with Amazon and start a profitable home business.
- Set up a seller’s account. You can have an Individual Seller Account or a Professional Account. You would probably be happier with the Professional Account because you will be hopefully be making lots of sales. With the Individual Account, you will pay $0.99 per item sold, plus other selling fees. With a Professional Account, you pay $39.99 a month plus other selling fees. You can see where it would probably benefit you to go for the Professional Account.
This is what you will need to set up the seller’s account:
- Your business name, address, and contact information
- An internationally-chargeable credit card with valid billing address
- A phone number where you can be reached during this registration process
- Your tax identity information
You can sell in more than 20 categories for an Individual Account or 10 more with approval from Amazon with a Professional Account. Before choosing a niche or product to dropship, be sure it is included in one of the categories Amazon will accept!
The other fees you will pay are based on the category you are selling in, which is something else you may want to take into consideration before deciding on a niche.
Once you have done all the above and found a reputable wholesale dropship product source, you’re ready to dropship with Amazon and have your very own home business!