Are you interested in driving traffic to your online home dropship
Sure you are!
And so you should be. Traffic means potential customers and increased sales which translates to more profits and money in the bank for you.
Driving traffic and getting visitors to your dropship listings on eBay or Amazon, or to your own website, is a constant source of worry for most ecommerce business owners.
You can spend a small fortune building a fancy website with all sorts of wondrous buttons and other techno gizmos and have the absolute best products at the absolute lowest prices on the World Wide Web….but if nobody sees them, what could will it do you?
Exactly. None. It will benefit you not one iota to have the best of everything if you don’t have traffic and visitors that convert to paying customers. So, driving traffic must, of necessity, be high on your list of priorities for your dropship business.
Tips for Driving Traffic
There are a lot of ways to help drive traffic to your dropship business. Here are 3 that will be very helpful to you:I. SEO
: Contrary to what you may have read or heard, SEO is not dead. In fact, it’s very much alive and thriving. If you want to get traffic to your dropship listings or website, it is essential that you use best practices for SEO. We won’t attempt to outline what those practices are but if you’re interested (and you should be) there are a lot of articles about using SEO in our archived blog posts. The point we’re making with this tip is simply to use good SEO.II. Content
: One of the best and least expensive techniques for driving traffic to your dropship business is high quality content. Before the Google Panda and Penguin updates, there was saying on the internet as relating to ecommerce and getting a high ranking in the search engine results pages: Content is King. Guess what? That’s still true---actually more true---since those updates. No more crummy, poorly written content that offers little or no value to the reader. Have plenty of good, relevant, valuable content and Google will reward you handsomely, which means more traffic to your dropship business.III. Marketing
: Marketing is a huge help when it comes to driving traffic to your online dropship business. There are many ways to market your business that won’t cost you a penny, or at the least, won’t cost you much. You can take advantage of social media marketing, email marketing, or have a blog, post articles on your website, etc. All of these marketing techniques will prove immensely helpful in driving traffic to your dropship business and mean more money and sales for you!
Ways to drive traffic should be one of the areas of your home dropship business that you treat as a must-do! Set aside some time every day or at least every week to hone your skills and techniques for getting traffic to your online home dropship business!
Is there an ecommerce entrepreneur anywhere that isn’t interested in increasing online dropship
Well, provided they have a dropship business and work from home, that is.
A dropship business is one of the easiest and most efficient of any work from home enterprise you could possibly find.
It’s fast and extremely easy to set up and maintain, plus it’s low cost, which is appealing to many wannabe work from homers who are starting a business on the proverbial shoestring.
Now, let’s assume that you have your online home business up and running and now you need some tips to increase your online dropship sales. What can you do that will help drive traffic and increase sales?
How to Increase Your Bottom Line
There are a lot of things you can do to help increase online dropship sales.
Let’s start with those of you who have your own websites as opposed to using eBay or Amazon for your marketplace. Since those internet commerce mammoths have an enormous amount of traffic flowing through their sites every day, if you’re selling on there you won’t have to work as hard to get traffic since these sites are doing a lot of that for you.
Here are some basics that should stand you in good stead and help increase dropship sales:
- Since the advent of the Google Panda and Penguin updates, Google wants high quality, relevant content. This means that you can’t outsource some person to write scads of fractured English and weirdly phrased content for peanuts anymore as long as it’s stuffed with keywords. Google now actively frowns on this practice (thank goodness) so the days of “article farming” to boost rankings in SERPs is a thing of the past. Just provide fresh, relevant, high quality content and you’ll get higher search rankings; which will mean more traffic and consequently---more sales.
- Using great marketing techniques will work wonders for your online dropship business! The beautiful thing about marketing for ecommerce is that much--or even all--of it, depending on your personal capabilities, can be done by you and not cost a penny! Email marketing, social media marketing…these are fabulous ways to increase traffic and sales!
- Think global! When your dropship sales are online, the whole world is your oyster! Unlike traditional brick and mortar stores, you aren’t limited to mostly local traffic, but may have shoppers from all corners of the world. Make sure that your dropship product source is set up to ship globally, of course.
- Make sure your dropship site is mobile friendly. This can’t be stressed enough! With more and more Road Warriors doing their shopping on mobile devices, it’s a case of snooze and you lose. So, if your site isn’t mobile accessible---get busy and get it up to speed before the big holiday shopping rush begins.
- If you don’t have a Facebook page for your dropship business…do it now! Once you get your page looking good, be sure to post to it regularly and include such things as promotions, contests, steals and deals. You should also install a Like widget on your dropship site so that shoppers can share with their social circle on Facebook. You might be surprised how many sales are made this way, since it’s a proven fact that people tend to buy under the influence of others.
- Even if you have your own dropship website, it wouldn’t hurt and would almost definitely help to run some listings on eBay and/or Amazon. Bear in mind that these two giants of online marketplaces have a huge amount of traffic every day!
- Perform routine maintenance on your dropship site to make sure everything is running smoothly. The better and speedier your site, the less shopping cart abandonment you’ll have, which translates to more sales.
Use these tips to help increase online dropship sales!
If you have a home business in dropship
sales, you might be wondering how to increase traffic to your ecommerce site or listings.Click Here For a FREE Ecommerce Marketing Strategies E-Book!
This is an extremely vital issue for any ecommerce entrepreneur! You might have the best widgets in the whole world at the lowest prices, but if you don’t get visitors to your site or to your dropship product listings, you will not be successful. Traffic is absolutely essential to the life and prosperity of your dropship business. While the saying “If you build it, they will come” might apply to baseball fields, it doesn’t work in ecommerce. You cannot simply list your dropship products on eBay, Amazon or another site---or post them to your own website---and expect potential customers to magically appear. To keep a goodly amount of traffic flowing, you will have to actively work at it.
How Can You Increase Traffic to Your Dropship Products?
There are several ways. Here are some suggestions that should come in handy for you:
- Social Media Marketing---Social media and social communities are huge. Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, LinkedIn…..all of these popular social sites can provide you with an effective and free platform to help drive traffic to your dropship products. Use them wisely and you will be well rewarded with increased traffic and sales.
- Advertising---There are various ways to advertise. PPC, or Pay Per Click, is one that many entrepreneurs find quite effective. Although PPC isn’t free, sometimes you have to spend money to make money and there is no doubt that it will drive traffic to your dropship business or listings.
- Email Marketing---Another very effective way to increase your traffic and if you can write the email marketing newsletters yourself---free. Even if you must hire a freelancer to write your email marketing letters, you will still come out ahead provided you have planned out great campaigns and promotions that will drive traffic.
Those are only a few ways to increase traffic, there are many more; such as having contests, offering coupons and good promotions, etc. The main thing is to work at increasing traffic and never take your eye off that ball! If you snooze, you lose.
Drop Ship Access has 1.7 million high quality products available at genuine wholesale prices for you to start your own home business today in ecommerce, plus premium education material to help you learn how to market effectively, use SEO best practices, sell on eBay and much more.
Visit Drop Ship Access today and check out the FREE ebooks, whitepapers, videos and more to help you increase traffic to your ecommerce business!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one: The Top 10 Benefits of a Home Dropship Business
If you have a dropship
business or other ecommerce endeavor, you are probably aware that fresh, relevant content will stand you in good stead with Google and the other search engines, and drive traffic to your website.
But, you may not realize just how crucial content is to the success or failure of your online dropship business!
There has long been a wise saying about internet commerce: Content is king. Since Google changed their algorithm to favor high quality content and give a black eye to black hat SEO…content crammed full of keywords…that is even more true now than ever.
Now, when you think of web content, chances are the first thing that comes to mind is written content. But, while written content is definitely extremely important, there are other types of content that can be leveraged to give you an edge over your competitors and get in better standing with Google.
A great example of a way to combine written content along with other types of content is your product pages.
Unless you are using your dropship business to sell something totally unique, you will certainly have competition. In fact, you are likely to have a lot of competition from other sellers within your same niche.Click Here for Valuable Information About Starting a Dropship Business!
So, one way to stand head and shoulders above the crowd of competitors and get noticed by Google, which equals more traffic to your ecommerce website and hence, more sales; is to polish your product descriptions and pages until they shine!
Here are some handy tips on making your product pages the best they can be:
- Take your own product photos. Yes, you can get these from your wholesale product source, and it’s a lot easier to use those. But easy doesn’t always mean better. In order to give yourself a competitive edge, try taking your own photos of the products you sell. This way, you won’t fall into the same cookie cutter group as other sellers who are using the stock photos.
- Ditto for your product descriptions. These, too, can be copied directly from your product source. But, most of the time these descriptions are pretty sparse. In fact, some use broken English and may even have misspelled words and typos. If this is the case with your product source, you really should bite the bullet and craft your own well written descriptions with a clear call to action.
- Include reviews on your product pages. People like to see what other people think of something they’re considering buying. Remember, most people buy under the influence of others. So, don’t worry about getting a less-than-glowing review of your products from time to time. The good reviews showing on the page will outweigh those and help influence shoppers to convert to buyers.
Use these tips to improve the content of your ecommerce dropship business and watch your sales soar!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one:
eBay Dropship Sellers: Are You Taking Advantage of Free Listings?
If you have a dropship business
website or other ecommerce enterprise, SEO is vitally important to your success, so you may be interested in some tips to help you use SEO more effectively.
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, simply means that you are using tactics and techniques to make it easier---optimizing, in other words---for your dropship business website to be found by the search engines such as Google. Click Here For a FREE Dropship Niche Toolkit!
The higher you can rank in Search Engine Results Pages, the more traffic you will get and hopefully; if you are doing everything else right, the more sales and money you will make.
Here are 7 great SEO tips:
1. First and foremost, have great content. Quality weighs much more heavily with the search engines than quantity, so write good content that isn’t full of misspelled words, grammatical errors or crammed with keywords.
2. Be sure to use your primary keyword or long tailed keyword phrase in the title tags of your web pages. This will help to get your pages picked up by the search engines and as an added bonus it establishes your keyword as the link in the search engine indexes.
3. Always use your keyword in the anchor text of your links. Since links stand out on most of the average web pages, this will give your link test higher priority than other content on the page.
4. Be sure to have a site map. Site maps are favorites of search engines because it makes it easier to find your links. Just a plain HTML site map will do, no need for XML.
5. Have a larger font size for your keywords. The search engines are canny and know that a bigger font usually indicates content that is more important than the other stuff on a web page, so they will be more likely to pick up your keywords if they are in a larger font.
6. Update your pages and content on a frequent and regular basis. Search engines, particularly Google, love fresh, relevant content. So, the more of it you supply, the more favored your dropship business website will be by the search engines.
7. Ask for inbound links! This is too often overlooked by ecommerce entrepreneurs but it is a great way to pump up SEO. There is no big secret to getting inbound links….just ask!
Use these SEO tips to help build your online dropship business!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one:
Survive the Recession with a Home Dropshipping Business!
If sales seem to be lagging a little, have you thought of using social media marketing and Facebook to help grow your drop-ship
Many retailers and e-tailers are reporting slow downs in sales recently. Market analysts are attributing this slump to the spikes at the gas pump. With gasoline prices rising to over $3.00 a gallon for the first in two years, and now up to a national average of more than $3.50 a gallon; there doesn’t seem to be much doubt that this is definitely putting a dent in consumer spending.
After all, most of us have to buy gasoline to run our vehicles. If we are forced to spend more to fill up the tank, it usually means that we’ll have to cut back in other areas.Click Here to Get Valuable Tips on Social Media Marketing!
So, if this consumer cash crunch is affecting your drop-ship business, maybe it’s time to take the plunge into social media if you have been putting it off for some reason.Why Facebook?
Facebook is a good place to start a marketing campaign for someone just dipping a toe into the social media pool.
It currently has over 600 million active users. Wow. Any way you cut it, that’s a lot of potential customers!
Businesses large and small are flocking to Facebook to promote themselves and build their brand:
Facebook is certainly the leading choice for companies wanting build their brand with social networking! Twitter is hot, too, but not keeping pace with Facebook.How Much Does it Cost to Have a Facebook Business Page?
That’s right. You can create a Facebook business page without spending a cent. But, you can’t just build a page and then sit back and wait for people to start visiting.
Social media marketing, like everything else worth having, requires some effort and a commitment on your part. You must supply fresh, updated, valuable content on at least a daily basis.
It’s also a great idea to give people a reason to visit your Facebook business page by offering a nice little freebie such as an informative whitepaper or ebook, or better yet…..having a contest.
Try Facebook to rev up sales in your drop-ship business!
If you liked this article, you may also enjoy this one:
Dropship 101: Social Media Tools to Measure Marketing Results
Blogs are HOT, and having a well written and maintained business blog can go a long way toward helping you promote and sell your dropship products
A blog, which is internet speak for “web log” is a wonderfully effective and best of all---FREE---way for you to let humans and search engines alike know about the products you are selling.What About a Website?
Naturally, if you have a website of your own, you can have a blog. But it isn’t necessary to maintain your own website in order to maintain your own blog.
For example, if you are an eBay dropship seller, you probably don’t have a website.
This makes no difference! There is still plenty of room for you in the photosphere, and numerous online sites available that will allow you to set up a blog absolutely free.
WordPress is one such online service, and definitely one of the most popular of all the free blog sites.Click Here to Learn the Benefits of a Business Blog!
It has a user friendly, simple interface that is extremely easy to set up and use, but all of the bells and whistles you could possibly want to dress up and customize your blog.How to Make a Blog Work for You
A blog can be tremendously helpful in driving traffic to your dropship products, on your website or another venue such as eBay or Amazon. But it doesn’t work by magic!
In order to be effective and help increase your sales, you will need to make a commitment of time and effort.
- Google and the other search engines love fresh, relevant content! So, while it isn’t necessary to try and compose some epic work along the lines of Gone With the Wind, you do need to make sure your blog posts are informative, entertaining, easy to read and well written with proper English.
- A good average length for a blog post is 350-450 words. Anything much over that and you risk losing a viewer’s attention. So, as a general rule, keep your blog posts short and sweet for best results.
- Update with new blog posts at least once a day if possible. Use your blog and keywords wisely so that the search engines will get to know you and know what you’re all about. This makes it easier for them to index and locate your dropship products.
Start blogging today and increase your sales!
If you enjoyed this article, this one is a must read:
Blogging for Dollars: A Social Media Guide for Your Dropship Business
If you have a wholesale dropship
ecommerce business, you might be aware of Google’s newest algorithm, without being sure if or how it will affect your website.
First of all, it really isn’t a question of “if” this new algorithm will affect your website. No doubt about it---it definitely will.
Now, the next big question you may have is how your website will be affected by this change in the biggest search engine filtering algorithm.
Google’s newest update has been nicknamed “Panda Update” and is not only the talk of the blogosphere but the subject of much discussion anywhere and everywhere people are interested in the state of the World Wide Web, online and off.Click Here to Get the Inside Scoop on Using SEO to Boost Search Ranking
According to the word handed down from Google itself, the purpose of the new search algorithm was to improve and enhance search in general, with the basic targets being content mills and spam/aggregator sites.
What is a content mill?
In the online community, a content mill is one that cranks out scads of very low quality short articles, nothing more than ads, poorly written and using deplorable language skills in most cases.
To Google, these content mills are much the same as puppy mills are to qualified, responsible dog breeders.
So, if you have been buying $1 apiece articles from these content mills and stuffing your website with them, you can take it to the bank that the new Google algorithm will affect your website’s search ranking.
And if this is the case, that will probably be just about all you’ll be taking to the bank, since if viewers can’t find your online business, they won’t be buying from you.
Based on recent internet research, the newest algorithm has affected approximately 12% of search queries.
If you have noticed a decline in website traffic lately and are concerned that your dropship website might be adversely affected, you can check your website’s search ranking here: Check Your Search Ranking
Check out Google’s new algorithm and make sure your wholesale dropship business is up to speed!
If you liked this article, you may also enjoy this one:
Dropship Product Tips: Mastering SEO
Did you know that using SEO best practices can work wonders to build and grow your home dropship business?
First of all, let’s start with the basics in case you are a newbie at ecommerce and are now scratching your head, wondering what “SEO” stands for.
Sweet Edible Oranges? Southern Eggplant Organization? Superior Educated Orangutans?
No. None of the above.
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
What does this mean to an ecommerce merchant? In the world of ecommerce, where your products or services are all sold online, you are swimming around in a huge pool of other vendors offering the same or similar goods or services.
In order to be found by users cruising this vast ocean of enterprises, you must be able to be found when one of them turns to a search engine to help locate the particular thing they want or need.
Bear in mind that in most cases, unless you have somehow managed to corner the market on your widget or service, competition is fierce and plentiful.
Click Here For a FREE Whitepaper About Using SEO!
In fact, it may well be extremely plentiful! For example, if you do a Google search for the word “furniture” there are 398 MILLION results! If your ecommerce niche is furniture sales, you can imagine how your website would virtually be swallowed up and disappear into these massive search results.
So, you must do all you can to ensure that when someone is looking to buy furniture online your business shows up early on, since internet retail research has shown that most people don’t go past the first page of the search results.
How on earth can you hope to get on the first page of search results?
Good ol' SEO.
When you use proper SEO, you are giving the search engines everything they need to find your dropship sales website and rank your site high in SERPs, or Search Engine Results Pages.
This means paying attention to detail and making sure to do the things that will make your ecommerce business search engine friendly.
There are many free resources available online to help you learn all about using SEO effectively to improve your site’s visibility in search engine placement.
Start learning and using these SEO techniques and watch your home dropship business sprout wings and fly!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one: Dropship SEO: Use the Google Wonder Wheel to Find Great Keywords
Anyone with an online dropship business
or other type of ecommerce enterprise is probably well familiar with the importance of Search Engine Optimization, but with the advent of such things as Face book’s “Like” button….is SEO dead?
It’s certainly true that Facebook’s infamous Like button has an effect on traditional SEO. Basically, the Like button has catapulted Facebook into the search engine category, in a very real sense.
Why? Simply because when a user “likes” a particular post or page on Facebook or wherever else a Like button is embedded, other Facebook members can check it out to see what’s so special about it, and “like” it themselves.
The more Likes a post or page receives, the greater its exposure.Download this FREE whitepaper to get expert tips about using SEO effectively!
So, there is no doubt that Facebook is having an effect on search and SEO.
With this in mind, is SEO as we have all known and used it dead and soon to be buried?
SEO is still very much alive and well. You just need to adapt your SEO practices to encompass the role that Facebook and other social media sites are playing with the search engines.
There are several ways to do this:
- Since you are hopefully doing a fair amount of social media marketing anyway, put your blog posts and presence on various social sites to good use by employing great SEO. This way, you effectively kill two birds with one stone: You are increasing your exposure across the entire World Wide Web while using social media marketing to grown and build your dropship business.
- Make sure to imbed a clickable Face book “Like” button on your dropshipping website, blog, Facebook Fan Page, wherever you possibly can. This way, you will enable viewers to share content or products of yours with others, which will eventually lead to higher traffic and increased sales.
- Don’t forget YouTube! Videos are a great place to use SEO for your business and you can place a “Like” button there, too.
SEO is here to stay, but social media has altered the ways we should be using it to promote an ecommerce dropship business! Adapt! Things change and evolution has shown us those things that don’t change and adapt end up on the scrap heap as extinct as the Dodo bird!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one:
Facebook vs. Twitter: Which is Better for Social Media Marketing?