Regardless of what you might have heard to the effect that since the advent of Google’s Panda and Penguin updates, SEO is dead…don’t believe it because Search Engine Optimization is alive and kicking; and these 6 SEO tips can help build your online dropship
SEO is necessary for your success in ecommerce.
It’s just that simple.
If you are just getting started in a home dropship business, or are planning to get one up and running soon; you need to master at least the basics of SEO.
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. Simply put, it’s a way for the search engines to find your website or dropshipping listings on Amazon, eBay or whatever marketplace you are using.
Think about it. The World Wide Web is HUGE and there are literally millions of websites and ecommerce products for sale. If you want yours to get noticed and shown in SERPs, or Search Engine Results Pages, you will have to use SEO best practices.
In case you are a newbie, it might be helpful to explain a bit about how search engines work.
Search engines such as Google send out “spiders” to crawl through websites and find the content that people are looking for online. For example, many people perform a Google search for “dog beds.” So, Google would send its bots to search for this keywords phrase.
In the past, there were “article farmers” who outsourced for extremely cheap articles crammed to the hilt with keywords, just for the purpose of getting picked up by these search engine crawlers. Quality or having the content actually offer anything of value to the reader was not a consideration because the sole purpose of the Black Hat SEO was to get ranked higher in the SERPs.
Linking worked much the same way. Some website owners would buy scads of links without regard to the quality of who they were linking to, just to get higher rankings in search results because at one time, quantity of links was more important than quality.
Now, thank goodness, Google has changed all of that.
No more article farming, no more poor quality links. At least for the savvy ecommerce entrepreneurs who know better, anyway. To do these things now is a sure and certain way to get blacklisted with Google and the other major search engines.
The moral of the story is that you need to use good SEO.
Here are six tips to help you use basic SEO best practices:
- Use high quality content. Offer content that gives something of value to the reader, be it informative, entertaining, whatever. Remember, focus on quality rather than quantity and don’t stuff your content with keywords.
- Use your keywords judiciously wherever they will benefit you most. If you have your own website, be sure to use your prime keywords in page titles, product titles and descriptions, alt image tags, etc.
- Avoid duplicate content! This is frowned upon by Google and other search engines. Provide fresh, relevant, high quality content and you will be rewarded with higher rankings in SERPs.
- Use product reviews to help furnish the search engines with fresh content and since the reviews will be about your dropship products, your keywords will be included.
- Have a dropship business blog. This affords you an excellent opportunity to feed fresh content to the search engines while providing readers with helpful info, tips and strategies to help them be successful in a dropshipping home business.
- If you offer coupons, try to get them listed on internet coupon sites. And be sure to use your keywords. This kills two birds with one stone. You get some great quality links plus make more sales!
Use these 6 tips for great SEO and they will help build your online dropship business!
You may have caught some of the buzz about Google’s new update to its algorithm and wondering if SEO is still important for your home dropship
internet business.Click Here For a FREE SEO Whitepaper!
To answer your question: Yes!
Is SEO a Has Been?
SEO is still of vital importance to any ecommerce endeavor, including your dropship internet business.
How has the Google update affected SEO?
Strictly speaking, the latest Google update, called the “Penguin” update, has not really affected SEO best practices one way or the other. What it has affected is SEO worst practices.
Let’s expand on that a bit.
The Penguin Update
The Penguin Update from Google probably hasn’t affected your dropship internet business provided you weren’t doing things you shouldn’t have been doing anyway, such as Black Hat SEO and keyword stuffing, article farming, low quality links and more along those lines.
But for folks who were doing those things, Google’s new Penguin update has basically blown them right out of the water.
So, what does Google want with the new Penguin update? Should you forget SEO?
Google wants your dropship internet business website to have good quality content---fresh and relevant if possible---and high quality links, plus no keyword stuffing.
You should use your keywords so that they flow naturally and make sense in the content. A good rule of thumb is about 2% of your content should be keywords, if that much. Many people are going for around half that amount.
So, in 500 words of content, you should use your keywords in the title, the first paragraph, the last paragraph and approximately 2-3 times in between. Be very careful to try and write so that the keywords seem natural in the content.
This can be challenging, but Google will make it worth your while by boosting your dropship internet business in the SERPs, or Search Engine Result Pages.
Drop Ship Access has valuable FREE educational resources, including an informative whitepaper about SEO. Visit Drop Ship Access now and check out the high quality products and educational resources, then get ready to start your own home dropship internet business!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one: Use Google’s Double Click Ad Planner for Online Dropship Advertising
With the most recent changes to the Google algorithm, many ecommerce entrepreneurs with a home business are wondering if SEO is still important for a dropship
website.Click Here For a FREE Whitepaper: “What is SEO?”
Google’s “Penguin” update that was released earlier this year has led many people to wonder if SEO is dead. The fact is that the update really did have a significant impact on many tried and true SEO techniques and some websites were drastically---and disastrously---affected. Some websites fell from first page rankings into oblivion and many dropship website owners felt that it was the death blow for their businesses. Why the Change?
Google brought about this algorithm change in an effort to cut down on web spam, an unfortunate problem. Basically, the Google algorithm engineers were in hopes that the changes would help to cut down on the number of websites using “Black Hat” SEO. What is Black Hat SEO? In a nutshell, it is keyword stuffing. They also wanted to reduce Black Hat link building methods employed by some to boost their rankings in search.SEO is Not Dead
But, despite the new Penguin update, SEO is not dead, so don’t bury it and give it a funeral just yet. You can still use SEO to your best advantage on your dropship website to drive traffic and increase sales proportionately. Using best SEO practices will help to boost your rankings in search with Google the same as always, provided you do it right.
Here are some tips for using SEO effectively with the new Google Penguin algorithm update:
- On page content is still vitally important and good SEO on those pages, as well. When Google seemed to clobber many websites with a lot of on page SEO, it wasn’t because of the SEO, per se; it was because there was more SEO than actual quality content. So, use SEO but focus more on the quality of your content! Write to engage humans who visit your dropship website or blog, not search engines.
- Don’t keyword stuff. Your content needs to make sense and be valuable to the reader. Use keywords an average of 2% and not much more. In a 500 word article, this would be about 10 times.
- Try to use variations of your dropship website keywords as frequently as possible, as long as you can work them into the content naturally.
- Use internal linking. For example, link to related articles within your website.
- Be sure to use your keywords in image alt tags.
- Embedding YouTube videos within your content is a great way to engage readers and gain Google’s approval.
SEO is till alive and kicking, but use these tips to help your dropship website rank higher in search results.
Drop Ship Access has 1.2 million high quality products at wholesale prices and a goldmine of FREE educational resources that will help you learn more about ecommerce and SEO for your dropship website!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one: SEO for eBay: Increase Your Dropship Sales!
Even if your dropship
home business is going great guns at the moment, most ecommerce entrepreneurs are always eager for ways to help them boost sales and traffic to greater volume, so these SEO tips for Google might interest you.Click Here For a FREE SEO Whitepaper!
There are other search engines besides Google, of course. But the fact is that none are as popular or widely used as the giant among them, namely Google. Knowing how to use SEO effectively to make points with Google can be tremendously helpful in growing your dropship business.
Here are 5 tips for best SEO practices for Google:
1. Ideally, you should have determined your best keywords before creating your dropship website. However, if you didn’t, all is not lost. You can still sit down and figure out which are your optimal keywords and start using them. Choosing the best and most relevant keywords involves finding the ones with the highest search volume and the lowest amount of competition. There are free tools available on the internet to assist you with your keyword research.
2. Optimize your titles to the max! The page title tag is one of the most important factors for high rankings with Google. The title tag is shown as the first line of text at the top of the browsing window. An SEO title tag should contain around 60-80 characters and be concise as well as descriptive. This is what will show up in Google search results as a link to your dropship web page, so make it work for you!
3. Always use keyword rich, relevant headings for your web pages. Your header tags are important because they tell Google what is important on your web page. One best SEO practice for your dropship business is to use your primary keyword or keywords in your H1 header and your secondary keywords in your H2 and other headers.
4. Always create a site map and Google XML map. When you submit an XML site map to Google, you are facilitating finding and indexing your dropship web site.
5. Take the time to create a Robots.txt file for Google. This file will tell Google which pages should be crawled and which shouldn’t. Every dropship website is going to have pages that simply are not relevant for search engines and by creating a Robots.txt file that leaves these pages out, you are making it faster and easier for Google to crawl and index your relevant content.
Use these 5 handy tips to beef up your SEO for Google and grow your dropship business!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one: Ecommerce Dropship Sales: Plus Size Lingerie is a Proven Winner!
Using SEO wisely can mean the difference between success and failure of a home dropship
business or other ecommerce endeavor and these tips from Google can help you learn how to maximize your keywords so that you use them to your best advantage.Click Here For a FREE SEO E-Book!
Google has published a really great Search Engine Optimization Guide and although it’s been around a while, it is still chock full of good tips and tricks to help you use best SEO practices and improve your dropship home business.
So, continuing where we left off with Part II of this series are these additional tips from the Google SEO Start Guide:
- Offer Quality Content and Services---According to Google, interesting websites will increase search engine recognition on their own. In fact, here is what the Google SEO gurus have to say about your site’s content: “Creating compelling and useful content will likely influence your website more than any of the other factors discussed here.” Wow! Great content is more apt to be shared and linked to, which will help boost your rankings with the search engine results pages, or SERPs.
- Write Better Anchor Text---What is anchor text? It’s the clickable text that users see as the result of a link and is placed within the anchor tag. This text tells Google and the other search engines, as well as internet users, a little something about the page you are linking to. You should use descriptive, concise text and format links so that they’re easily spotted. Don’t neglect your internal anchor text, either.
- Optimize Your Use of Images---You can use a filename along with alt text for images and should take full advantage of both. The content of the alt attribute contains information about your image. Don’t scatter your image files in a bunch of directories and subdirectories, but store them all in a single directory. This will greatly simplify the path to your images. Use commonly supported file types such as PNG, JPEG, GIF and BMP.
Use these tips from the experts at Google to maximize your SEO and grow your ecommerce dropship home business!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one:
Dropship Sales: Improve Your Conversion Rate With Great Copy!
In Part I of this little series, we provided tips straight from Google about how to use best SEO practices for your home dropship
or other ecommerce business and in Part II we’ll embroider on that theme and furnish more tips about how to use Search Engine Optimization to your best advantage.Click Here For a FREE Dropship Niche Toolkit!
These tips are from Google’s SEO Starter Guide and while they have been around awhile, the basics are just as applicable now as they were when it was released:
- Create Unique, Accurate Page Titles---These are very important because they tell search engines as well as viewers what your page is all about. You should create a unique title for every page on your website. Your page title contents are displayed in search results, so it needs to be as descriptive as possible while using your prime keywords.
- Make Use of the Description Meta Tag---A page’s description meta tag provides Google and the other search engines a brief summary of what the page is about. Your page title will only be a few words or a short phrase, but you have considerably more leeway with your meta tag and can have as much as a brief paragraph. These are important because Google might see fit to use them as snippets for your pages. You should use unique description meta tags for each of your pages.
- Improve the Structure of Your URLs---You need to have friendly URLs. This means that you need to have URLs that are relevant to the content of your site and that tell Google and searchers what may be found there. Try to keep your URLs simple yet descriptive so that searchers will have an easier time remembering it if they want to pay another visit to your site at a later date.
- Make Your Site Easy to Navigate---Starting with your Home page, map out your site navigation so that it will be user friendly for shoppers as well as the search engines such as Google. Breadcrumb navigation that shows visitors where they have been and where they are at any given time on your site is extremely helpful and will help the search engines crawl your site better, too.
Use these tips from Google to improve the SEO of your ecommerce dropship home business website! Stay tuned for Part III of this series for more handy tips and tricks from Google about using best SEO practices.
If you liked this article, you may also like this one: Dropship 101: 7 Simple E-Commerce Tips for Beginners
Anyone with a dropship
business or other ecommerce endeavor is probably all too aware of the importance of using SEO best practices and might appreciate a few simple tips to help become an SEO ninja!
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is absolutely vital to your online dropship business. SEO is what helps the search engines such as Google find your dropship website or your products in whichever marketplace you are using. Failure to use SEO correctly will often mean that your ecommerce sales will tank and your business will fail, as well. Using best SEO practices will help to keep you leading the pack of competitors within your niche!Click Here For a FREE SEO E-Book!
Here are a few simple tips from the Google SEO Report Card to help you use best SEO practices and boost traffic to your dropship website or listings. Per the Google SEO Report Card:Search Result Presentation
A more descriptive title tag (optimized keywords) and URL naming structure can help the search engine understand the content of the page better. It is suggested to use a maximum of 60 characters on title tags as an opportunity to tell both users and search engines what the focus of the page is. There’s no need to go past this many characters, as most search engines will display ellipses ( … ) after this limit. Also, search engines may give less weight to words after a certain point.URLs and Redirects
Choose the form of the URL that is easiest to remember as the canonical and be consistent with this canonical form across all products. Think of the most common URL forms visitors are likely to try and then 301 redirect these to the preferred/canonical URL or be sure to use the rel=”canonical” link element if you cannot redirect.On Page Optimizations
Optimizing on page elements of your web pages, including keywords, heading tags, and internal links will help Google and other search engines understand the content of your pages, along with how they’re structured. As an added bonus, a lot of these optimizations aid user navigation and enhance the usability of your site.
These 3 tips are straight from the horse’s mouth, so to speak---from Google itself and can be invaluable to making your dropship products SEO as good as it can get! Stay tuned for Part II of the SEO Ninja series!
If you liked this article, you may also find this one helpful: Drop Ship News: Shopping Cart Tips for E-Commerce
Every ecommerce entrepreneur with a dropship
or other online home business should be aware of the value of using internal links correctly for maximum SEO advantages.
Click Here For a FREE Dropship Niche Toolkit!
Many of those with an internet business focus entirely on acquiring high quality links for the value they provide and the boost in search engine favor. But, they often overlook one of the best resources for using links to best effect---their own website!
So, how can you use your internal links to their best advantage? Here are a few tips to put your internal links to work for you:
If you haven’t already done so, create a keyword list of your best and most targeted keywords. This is a great place to use some long tail variations of your keywords, by the way.
Go through your pages and identify the ones that have keywords from your list that you wish to build internal links for.
Once you have listed all of your pages, then go to each individual page and hyperlink the relevant keywords. This signals Google that the page is important as well as providing some information as to what the page is all about. Also, by linking the page to another destination, it throws up a relevance signal as well as building more pathways within your website.
If your prime keywords aren’t highlighted on a certain page, try to tuck a few of them into the content in a natural manner so that they don’t appear stuffed or make the content nonsensical.
Chart and track the results of your efforts in building keyword rich internal links. Remember, search engine algorithms are subject to change without notice and what worked last week might not be getting the job done this week, in which case you will need to revise your strategy.
Don’t forget some of the most often overlooked sources of valuable internal links: administrative pages. These include your About Me/Us page, Contact Us, Terms and Privacy Policies, Shipping Info, etc. These pages are particularly good because they are usually a mere click or two away from your home page, which is normally the most visited page you have; collecting more links and building more equity.
These tips can serve you well in your ecommerce dropship home business.
If you liked this article, you may also like this one:
Time Management Tips for Your Ecommerce Home Dropship Business
SEO is an integral part of your success as an ecommerce entrepreneur with a dropship
or other online sales business, and there are certain items that shouldn’t be overlooked on your website for maximum results and increased traffic, plus more sales.Click Here For a FREE SEO E-Book!
Here are a few more important SEO items that are frequently neglected by dropship sellers on their websites:
- Make sure that your alt attributes are keyword enhanced for best SEO practices. This is an area that falls through the cracks all too often on dropship or other ecommerce websites where an omission like this will translate to fewer sales and less profits. While you don’t want to over work this point by stuffing too many keywords into alt attributes or adding keywords to bullet points; it is nevertheless a key item that will enhance your SEO and make it easier for the search engines such as Google to find your website.
- Don’t run out of room on your pages for content. Always remember that content is king! For optimal results, every page should have at least 200 words of keyword rich content. Don’t neglect such things as headers, either. H1 and H2 and so on headers are a great opportunity to use your keywords for best SEO. Again, don’t overdo it by stuffing keywords as far from making brownie points with the search engines, you will antagonize them to the point of possibly even being blacklisted due to your Black Hat tactics, which would sound the death knell for your dropship home business.
- Internal linking is such an important part of best SEO practices and many dropship entrepreneurs completely overlook the potential in this area. Your internal links are a vast reservoir of opportunity to put your keywords to good use!
- Use unique, keyword rich meta descriptions for each and every page on your ecommerce website! Bear in mind that these meta descriptions will be the snippet seen in search results, so be sure to include a brief call to action.
These prime SEO items are a fantastic way to grow and build your dropship ecommerce business!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one:
A Tip for Better Dropship Selling on eBay: Increase Sales!
There are certain SEO items that are frequently forgotten or overlooked by many ecommerce entrepreneurs on their dropship
website.Click Here For a FREE Ecommerce Marketing Strategies E-Book!
These are things that really don’t need to be left out as they all play critical roles in the success of your dropship sales business. Here are a few SEO basics to be sure and keep in mind:
- Before you start building your ecommerce dropship website, decide what your keywords are going to be. It is much easier to begin basic site building with these keywords pre-determined than to create the entire site and then go back to add all of your keywords and use best SEO practices. Do the necessary keyword research so that you know before even starting to build your website exactly what your prime keywords will be and how to use them for maximum SEO.
- Use keyword based URLs. There are two types of URLs: Static and dynamic. In static URLs, the contents of the web page remain the same unless the changes are hard coded into the HTML, whereas dynamic URLs are generated from particular queries to a site's database. Search engines don’t like dynamic URLs. So, play it safe and use static URLs that are keyword rich.
- If you are dropship selling more than one product, you should have a unique keyword enhanced URL for each product that you are offering. This will ensure that you don’t have duplicate content problems if you have a product on more than one page.
- Be sure to use 301 redirects if you deactivate a link. If you merely take a page down and fail to redirect, you will lose all of the benefits of links gathered to that page and.
- Always have a 404 error page that is customized to your dropship website. That way, if somehow someone clicks on a broken link, they will know they are on the right website and not just assume your whole site is defunct and hit the back button.
These SEO tips will stand you in good stead and help to grow your dropship home business.
If you liked this article, you may also like this one:
Make Social Media Marketing Work for Your eCommerce Business