According to internet research analysts, mobile commerce is growing by leaps and bounds and predicted to get even bigger as time goes on, so you might find it helpful to get these 7 tips to help you improve mobile marketing for your ecommerce dropship
What is mobile commerce?
Mobile commerce refers to the practice of shopping and buying online via a mobile device such as an iPhone, iPad or another similar device. As more and more people are acquiring mobile devices such as these, they are using them to browse and shop on the internet.
If you want to maintain a competitive edge within your niche, it is imperative that you make sure your dropship business website or listings are mobile device friendly, meaning that those who are shopping by way of their mobiles can access your products.
Failure to do this will result in the loss of a lot of sales for your home business!
With the swift popularity of shopping on mobile devices comes the need to use mobile marketing techniques, or marketing geared specifically to mobile device users.
Here are 7 helpful tips to get you off to good start with mobile marketing:
- When using multimedia to offer coupons, deals and promotions, be sure to assign a promo code to each coupon in order to track who is using what.
- Be careful about over texting! Even though most online shoppers appreciate promotions and coupons, you don’t want to bombard them with a barrage of texts, no matter what deals you are offering. This is a good way to get yourself blocked. Ouch! You also, by law, must offer an opt-out.
- Test various mobile devices to make sure your mobile website and browser is functioning properly. If it isn’t, you can lose a lot of potential customers.
- Use QR codes to interact with shoppers and show them your products, deals, etc. A QR code, or Quick Response code, is the trademark for a type of matrix barcode that can be scanned with a mobile device. Originally designed in Japan for the automotive industry, its patent holder has generously declined to exercise the patent rights so we can all use QR codes. There are free QR code generators available online.
- Use a quiz, poll or survey that mobile device users can easily answer as a way of engaging with them and also to gain insight into what they think and feel, as well as their buying and shopping habits.
- As with so many other things in life, timing is important. Research and surveys have shown that mobile devices are used most between 12:00 pm and 6:00 pm. While it might depend on the product to some extent, generally speaking the best time to send a marketing campaign is mid to late afternoon.
- When you want a response, go with SMS instead of emails. Research says that only about 25% of emails are opened, as compared to 95% of text messages. Big difference, huh? Also, text messages usually get a response much faster, within an hour on average.
Mobile marketing can help your dropship business be successful, so if you aren’t already using it---start today!
Anyone with an ecommerce dropship
business needs to use good marketing techniques, so it might help you to get some pointers on what NOT to do.
Marketing is important.
It drives traffic to your dropship website or listings and without that oh so important traffic and a steady stream of potential customers, your dropship business would wither on the vine….and eventually die.
In ecommerce, you can’t simply adopt a policy of “if you build, it they will come” because it isn’t true.
You can build the best website to be found anywhere on the World Wide Web or create the most fantastic listings on Amazon or eBay; but without marketing, your dropship product sales will suffer.
While it’s vital to have a good understanding of which marketing tactics to use for effectively driving traffic to your dropship products, it is probably equally important to have a fundamental grasp of what not to do.What NOT to Do in Ecommerce Marketing
While there are a number of things that shouldn’t be done in ecommerce marketing, let’s look at three of the very worst:I. Black Hat SEO:
Unfortunately, Black Hat SEO and article farming are still alive and kicking, although with not quite the same strength and energy as before the Google Penguin and Panda updates to the search algorithm. There are ecommerce entrepreneurs still using these marketing tactics, but we’ll see less and less of them as time goes on because Google is methodically weeding them out. What this means is that you should not, under any circumstances, stuff and cram your content with keywords for the sole purpose of boosting your rankings in search results.
Actually, doing this will have the opposite effect---you’ll not only get sent to the bottom of the pile in SERPs, you’ll probably be blacklisted for good by Google. If this happens, you are done for in ecommerce. Period. Don’t do this. The same holds true for article farming, which is the practice of hiring usually third world writers to churn out tons of ungrammatical, nonsensical and very poorly written articles crammed with keywords to get a boost in search results. Same results as Black Hat SEO and basically, part and parcel of the same. Don’t do this, either.II. Link Farming:
No, no, a thousand times no! If you are unfamiliar with link farming, that’s a good thing since it means you probably aren’t guilty of it. But, just in case you may run across this tactic someday and think it seems like a perfectly splendid idea; here’s what it means:
Link farming is the practice of setting up scads, even hundreds, of little blogs or websites for the sole purpose of linking back to your dropship website. Why would anyone do this? Because in theory, Google rewards sites with lots of back links with a boost in search engine results. In practice, however, this is true only if the links are high quality sites. If they’re nothing but ghost sites---dummies, if you will---whose only reason for living is to provide links to your reshipping website, Google will catch on PDQ and instead of rewarding you; will penalize you severely. Ouch. Don’t do this.III. Cherry Blossoming:
If you haven’t heard of this term, what it means is buying fans and followers on face book and Twitter, along with whatever other social sites you frequent for marketing purposes. This term originated in Japan, where little know celebrities, businesses and even sports teams paid people to like or follow them in order to accrue real friends and followers and thus, score points with the search engines such as Google. These professional fans are called Cherry Blossoms. Some Cherry Blossoms are bot generated accounts created for the one and only purpose of giving a company or person more social media clout. Honestly, it usually doesn’t work that way because there will be little or no interaction with Cherry Blossoms and the search engines have an uncanny knack of figuring this out. Don’t do this.
There you have three of the things NOT to do in ecommerce marketing for your dropship business! Now get busy and do the things that really will help you!
If you have a home online dropshipping
business, you may be interested in some tips about how to use email marketing to drive traffic to your products and boost sales, too.Click Here For a FREE Email Marketing E-Book!
There are various marketing methods that are effective are email marketing is right up there with the best of them!
Marketing Sherpa conducted a recent study of email marketing with some results that may surprise you.
For instance, here are some of the conclusions gleaned from the study:
- Only about 28% of relevant emails are sent on time to a targeted market with clear conversion goals.
- Approximately 35% of marketing emails are sent near to the launch date of a promotion to a partially segmented market with a sort of clear conversion goal.
- About 20% of marketing emails are sent after the launch date of a promotion to every name on the subscription list with vague, unclear or muddled conversion goals.
- More marketers are sending emails that are compatible with mobile devices.
- Viewers are using mobile devices more every day to read emails, surf the net, purchase, research and access social sites.
- Two of the least popular email elements were found to be among the most effective: landing pages and the target audience were discovered to be among the best elements to test.
- 67% of organizations planned to increase email marketing budget in 2012.
So, looking at these stats, we know that many dropship businesses are using the wrong, ineffective email marketing techniques and also that email marketing is so effective in driving traffic and increasing sales that two-thirds of businesses budgeted more money for it this year.
If you aren’t using email marketing you should be, and you should make sure you’re doing it right!
Drop Ship Access has the high quality, name brand products you need to build a successful dropship business and email marketing can help!
Check out Drop Ship Access today and find out how fast and easy it is to get set up with your own home business, and get a free ebook about email marketing to grow your dropship business!
If you enjoyed this article, you may also find this one useful: Ecommerce Dropship Tips: How to Build a Facebook Fan Base
If you work from home, you might appreciate these tips about marketing for your online drop shipping business.
Click Here For a FREE Ecommerce Marketing Strategies E-Book!
Marketing is absolutely vital to the success of your home online drop shipping business and while it does require some knowledge and effort to do it effectively, it isn’t rocket science that requires a marketing guru, either. You can learn and utilize the basics of marketing for your online drop shipping business and be able to increase traffic and sales, which will mean more profits for you.
The Importance of Marketing
Your online drop shipping business will only be successful if people find it. You might have the best products at the lowest prices, but if nobody finds your products, it won’t do you any good because you won’t make sales. So, using marketing strategies and techniques effectively will go a long way toward making sure shoppers who are looking for the products you are selling can find them---and you, specifically. This is what will make or break your online drop shipping business.
Here are some tips on marketing strategies that may help build your online drop shipping business:
- Use email marketing---Email marketing can be tremendously effective, so be sure to ask visitors to your site to sign up for your emails. You might offer an incentive such as a free ebook or whitepaper to sweeten the pot a little and encourage people to opt-in to your email subscription.
- Use social media marketing---It’s free if you DIY and enormously effective. Facebook has about 800 million users now and many of those people are potential customers for you. Twitter is also popular and another great opportunity for social media marketing for your online drop shipping business.
- Have a blog---A blog for your online drop shipping business can work wonders for you! Not only will it help with PR in the same way as social media marketing, but it also works to create quality content that will help boost your rankings in search.
Drop Ship Access has 1.7 million high quality products ready for you to start selling today and at rock bottom wholesale prices, too! Visit Drop Ship Access now and start your own online drop shipping business! It’s quick, easy and inexpensive!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one: How to Fix a High Bounce Rate in Your E-Commerce Dropship Business
Marketing for ecommerce: dropship
tips that you might find helpful in building your home business.Click Here For a FREE Ecommerce Marketing Strategies E-Book!
Marketing for ecommerce has some significant differences as compared to that of traditional marketing for a brick and mortar business. The main difference, of course, is that when you are dealing with ecommerce sales, you are doing business in a virtual store front in a virtual world---the World Wide Web. So the way you approach marketing for ecommerce is different. However, the basic goal of marketing any business---either online or off---is to increase awareness of your brand, business and products. This can be done on the internet quite effectively and usually much cheaper than marketing in the real world.
What Marketing Techniques are Best for Ecommerce?
There are several marketing strategies for ecommerce that work especially well. Here are a few:
- SEO---Search Engine Optimization. This is a marketing technique that ranks up there on the top of the heap! If you sue best practices SEO and make it easy for Google and the other major search engines to find your ecommerce business and/or products; half the battle is already won. So use your keywords judiciously and never slack off on keeping your DEO up to speed. There is a saying on the internet that is all too true: If you don’t exist with Google, you don’t exist. Remember that. Drop Ship Access has a free whitepaper with some valuable SEO tips and tricks.
- Social Media Marketing---Social sites such as Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and even LinkedIn can play a huge part in marketing your ecommerce dropship business. The sheer volume of members on these sites will work to your advantage in building your brand and marketing your dropship business if done correctly. If you’re unsure about how to begin, check out the premium education and ebooks offered free by Drop Ship Access.
- Email Marketing---Very effective and low cost as well if you are able to write your own newsletters. Even if you can’t, the cost of hiring a freelance writer to compose your marketing emails will be more than offset by the increase in traffic and sales on your dropship site. Drop Ship Access has a free email marketing ebook loaded with great advice that can help you get started.
Visit Drop Ship Access today and check out the 1.7 million high quality products available at genuine wholesale prices and learn more about marketing for ecommerce---dropship tips for your home business.
If you liked this article, you may also like this one: Drop Ship News: Extreme Makeover Twitter Style
Marketing for ecommerce is one of the most important things you can do to keep your online home business profitable and thriving, and a great way to market is to start a dropship
blog!Click Here For a FREE E-Book: The Benefits of a Business Blog!
The Benefits of a Dropship Blog
There are a lot of benefits to having a business blog. Here are a few that might entice you to roll up your sleeves and start a dropship blog post haste:
- Branding---When you have a dropship blog, you spread exposure of your brand across the internet. Building your brand is extremely important as it increases recognition of your business, leads to more referrals and word of mouth recommendations, plus it makes your business or brand more memorable which encourages repeat customers.
- Interaction---A dropship blog allows a chance for interactive dialogue between you and your customers, potential customers or just viewers in general. Studies of internet users have shown that more and more people want to be given the opportunity of interacting with a website or online business, so a blog is a perfect way to do this.
- Promotion---Okay, you want to promote your business. Nothing wrong with that and a dropship blog can help you promote your home business without spending a dime on advertising. While you don’t want to come on too strong with the sales hype, a well written and maintained dropship blog that offers something of value or interest to readers will most definitely help with promotion of your ecommerce home business.
- Free---A dropship blog is free if you can write the posts yourself. If writing isn’t your forte, you can hire a freelancer and the results of having a professionally written blog will more than offset the cost of the writer in terms of increased traffic and sales.
Drop Ship Access has 2 million high quality products available for you to start selling now, as well as premium educational material such as ebooks about starting a business blog, selling on eBay and much more! Check out Drop Ship Access today and learn how to start a dropship blog for your home business!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one:
Tips to Increase Sales in Your Online Dropship Business
If you have a home business in online dropship
sales and think that you don’t have to worry about marketing as you would for a traditional brick and mortar store, you are sadly mistaken and should start taking steps to work on marketing for ecommerce.Click Here For a FREE Ecommerce Marketing Strategies E-Book!The Importance of Marketing for Ecommerce
Marketing for ecommerce is just as vitally important as it would be if you had a brick and mortar store in your home town. Maybe even more so. Why? Simply because if you live in a small town or rural area, you may have the market basically cornered on your niche and the products you sell. For example, let’s say you’re selling kayaks and canoes. In this scenario, if local people wanted to buy a kayak or canoe, chances are they will come to you for it from sheer necessity.
But this isn’t true for ecommerce. No matter what you sell on the internet--- provided it isn’t something completely off the wall like pulverized moon rocks or something else totally out there---you are going to have competition because others will be selling it, as well. In fact, you will probably have a lot of competition. This makes marketing for ecommerce in order to drive traffic to your dropship products absolutely critical.How Can You Market for Ecommerce?
There are several tried and true ways of marketing for ecommerce:
- Content or Article Marketing
Drop Ship Access has a wealth of free videos, e-books and whitepapers that will be tremendously helpful in learning about the various ways of marketing for ecommerce.
While you’re there on the Drop Ship Access site taking advantage of some of the free educational resources offered, check out the 1.7 million high quality, name brand products available at true wholesale prices, available for you to start selling in your dropship home business today!
Marketing for ecommerce is essential to the success of your home dropship business and Drop Ship Access can help you succeed!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one:
A Home Dropship Business Could Make Your Dreams a Reality!
Good news for your ecommerce home dropship
business: Despite the still ailing economy worldwide, internet retail analysts are predicting an increase in the number of people who will be doing their holiday shopping online this year, so having a great email marketing campaign in place for this season of extra shoppers will help to ensure that you get your fair share!Click Here For a FREE Email Marketing E-Book!
Email marketing is one of the most effective---as well as cost effective---methods of marketing for anyone with an online business. Most home business owners are able to do their marketing emails themselves with the help of a free service such as Mail Chimp
. Mail Chimp has a fantastic free service that allows you to send as many as 12,000 marketing emails with up to 2,000 subscribers. This is sufficient for most small dropship businesses.
Here are some useful tips for email marketing that can help boost sales for your online dropship business:
- It’s not too late to beef up your opt-in subscriber list for your marketing emails. Try giving a freebie in exchange for a subscription. Be sure to run this promotion on your website, Facebook Fan Page and blog. Tweak your opt-in call to action for the holidays by saying something like this: “Sign up to receive our emails and get exclusive holiday deals!”
- Try targeting your existing customers in terms of past purchases and then offer bundle deals containing similar or the same dropship products in your email marketing to these subscribers. For your inactive subscribers who haven’t made a purchase from your dropship site for a while, try making it a little more tempting to shop with you again by offering some great promotions.
- Be sure that your marketing emails are compatible with smart phones and other mobile devices. More and more internet users, which includes holiday shoppers, are using mobile devices to access the World Wide Web for such things as reading emails and shopping.
Holiday email marketing can net you significantly more traffic and sales of your dropship products!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one: E-Commerce Dropship Sales Marketing for Online Road Warriors
Have you heard about viral marketing?
When used effectively, viral marketing increases your drop ship sales exponentially! Viral marketing encompasses several strategies that are easy to use and produce dramatic growth. All of these strategies are tried and true.
Our Drop Ship Access team put these tips to the test and was blown away with their success! We shouldn’t have been surprised though… Professionals have been using these marketing techniques to earn six figure incomes for years.
Now, you can too. Viral marketing is so easy that anyone can do it! Better yet, it’s free! If your sales figures aren’t quite where you want them to be, then read Experience Exponential Growth with Viral Marketing to start making more money online! You’ll learn the top five marketing strategies that you need to succeed in today’s market.
We want to see you succeed! At Drop Ship Access , it is our mission to help you make the profits that you need to prosper, especially in these tough times. We are passionately committed to your success, which is why it is so important to us to send you valuable information for free! The more you learn about drop shipping, the easier it will be for you to make serious money online.
Use the following tips to boost your drop ship sales the easy way:
The Surprising Marketing Tool
Can Facebook Help Grow Your Ecommerce Drop Ship Business?
How to Increase Your Wholesale Drop Ship Sales
Take your business to the next level by implementing viral marketing strategies today. We hope this info will help you Increase Drop Ship Sales with Viral Marketing. Thank you for taking the time to learn more.
Wishing You Lots of Success!
The holiday shopping extravaganza has already begun this year and even in this recession that seems to hang on and on, anyone with a dropship
home business or other ecommerce enterprise might appreciate a few tips to boost sales!Click Here For a FREE Ecommerce Marketing Strategies E-Book!
Based on retail research, holiday sales in the United States alone are predicted to reach approximately $466 billion this year, a 3% increase over last year. That’s a LOT of money and you want to be sure and get your part of it. SteelHouse Behavioral Commerce Research
has published some very interesting stats that you may be interested in:“A new national survey conducted for SteelHouse by Synovate eNation shows that 82% of shoppers, including families, women and high income earners, expect to change their buying behavior because of the economy. With 62% of shoppers planning to spend less and 50% of shoppers determined to comparison shop before completing a purchase, it is more critical than ever for retailers to beat their competitors to the punch and make the right offers to their shoppers in real time.”
More from the research:“Nearly two-thirds of survey respondents (62%) said they’ll spend less overall, and more than four out of five (82%) said they will change the way they shop. Half said they’ll comparison shop more, nearly one-third said they’ll no longer buy without a discount or free shipping, and nearly 30% said they’ll browse more online than in the malls to find the deals. Women are twice as likely as men to use social media to find deals and share them with friends (16% versus 8%). Those in the highest income group ($75k+) will make fewer changes in the amount they’ll spend, but will seek deals – discounts, free shipping and coupons – more than those earning less.”
You can learn a lot from this research! First of all, it’s heartening to know that more people than ever say they plan on doing a lot of their holiday shopping online. This is a prime opportunity and good news indeed for your dropship sales.
It is also significant and something that you should probably bear in mind that more shoppers are going to be comparison shopping and looking for deals such as free shipping. You might be wise to take this info into consideration when mapping out your holiday marketing and promotions for your dropship business.
Use these tips to help boost those holiday dropship sales!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one:
Fuel Up Your Marketing Engine for Holiday Dropship Sales!