Would you like to know the 6 secrets to selling more dropship
products on eBay?
Read on and get the low down on what it takes to rev up eBay dropshipping sales!
Some people mistakenly believe that selling on eBay is different than other types of sales. In a way, this is true, because there are some unique do’s and don’ts that are all part and parcel of selling on eBay, one of the two largest online marketplaces in the world today. (Amazon is Number One, sorry eBay.)
Since eBay is an auction site, there are fundamental differences. That being said, there is a Buy It Now option that allows for instant, flat out sales instead of waiting for an auction to play out. Now let’s take a look at the 6 important secrets to boosting eBay dropship sales, bearing in mind that when all is said and done, the principles of success with sales on eBay are the same as any other ecommerce endeavor.
1. Have a niche product with a high enough demand that you get plenty of viewers and potential buyers. Regardless of platform or type of sales, it all comes down to supply and demand. If there is a great demand for something and you supply that demand, you will almost certainly be successful. But, if you make a poor choice when it comes to a niche and try to peddle something on eBay that virtually nobody wants---you are doomed to failure.
2. Have a fantastic title. Your title is your first line of communication with shoppers on eBay, along with your gallery image, so it needs to be eye catching and make people want to click through and actually read your listing. It also needs to use keywords wisely in order for the eBay search engine, Cassini, to pick it up and put it where it belongs. Romance your title! For instance, which sounds better: “Used Cell Phone” or 4G iPhone with All the Bells & Whistles Works Great”? You get the idea.
3. Give an excellent description. This is your chance to tell someone everything they need to know about your dropship product in order to make a buying decision. Many ecommerce entrepreneurs lose sales because they fail to provide enough info about their item. Online shoppers rely on your images and description to furnish sufficient information and enable them to decide whether to buy or not. You can use the descriptions from your wholesale product source, but if you really want to make more sales on eBay---write your own!
4. Use the free marketing tools provided by eBay. There is a Markdown Manager, for instance. Plus you can send out marketing emails to subscribers, showcase your newly listed or favorite items, and much more. These tools can be very beneficial in helping you make sales!
5. Use good images and have enough of them to show your products to their best advantage. For example, if you are selling plus size lingerie, try to show the front, back, side and close up views so that shoppers are able to really see and appreciate your products. As with descriptions, you can use the images provided by your wholesale dropship product supplier, but the smart thing to do is obtain one of every product you sell on eBay and take your own photos. This will give you a huge edge over the competition!
6. Be professional. This means no poor grammar, misspelled words, typos or other booboos that make you appear unprofessional and not overly bright. This does not inspire confidence in the average shopper and who could blame them? The more polished your descriptions and the better your photos, the more you will seem to be an expert in your niche, which scores points with shoppers.
Use these 6 secrets to start selling more dropship products on eBay
If you are just starting out on eBay, a few tips to help you be a better dropship
seller might not come amiss.
eBay is a massive marketplace, second only to Amazon as an online shopping venue. While its policies and rules for sellers are a bit on the strict side, you can be very successful on eBay if you learn your way around. When it comes to dropshipping on eBay, what not to do is as important as what to do.
Many a hopeful eBay entrepreneur with a newly started dropshipping home business has started out with high hopes and then quickly fizzled out or gone up in smoke due to being unprepared. Like many other endeavors in life, success on eBay comes with preparation and going into it forearmed with the knowledge you need.
Here are 5 basic tips that will help you be a better dropship seller on eBay:
1. Choose your niche product or products wisely. You might be a superlative seller in every respect, but if you aren’t selling what people are looking to buy, you’ll fail miserably. Before you choose a niche, look around on eBay and see what the hottest sellers are. Check out the eBay Pulse, which shows the most watched items. Check completed listings for your niche to find out the general selling price and how many went unsold. This will help you make a shrewd and informed decision when you select a niche for dropshipping on eBay.
2. Decide to go with an auction format for your listings or a Fixed Price format. Here’s the thing: you will have to pay listing fees to list your dropship items. You pay those fees whether your item sells, or not. Be aware that auction listings have a considerably higher listing fee than Fixed Price listings, although a slightly lesser Final Value Fee. You can list a Fixed Price item for $.20 regardless of its price. Auction listings, though, are charged fees determined by the starting price. If you have researched similar products on eBay and gotten a good idea what they sell for, you might well be better off to stick with Fixed Price instead of auction style. That way, if an item doesn’t sell, you’re only out $.20 rather than a pricey fee for an auction listing that bombed.
3. Proofread your descriptions and titles carefully. If you misspell words and have sloppy grammar and typos, you are giving readers the impression that you’re not only unprofessional but not too bright as well. This does not inspire confidence in potential buyers. People take a leap of faith to buy online as it is. The last thing you want to do is make a bad impression, plus it tends to make viewers think that your products are probably as sub-standard as your writing. Don’t shout in all caps. Don’t use goofy looking titles that have a combination of caps and lowercase letters. This looks like something a first grader might do. Again, not a good way to build trust in viewers.
4. Use buyer requirements to filter out as many problem buyers as you possibly can. eBay has a special place for this and you can actually block people who have had X amount of non paying buyer disputes, policy violations and other transgressions. Unfortunately, these buyer requirements, while helpful, aren’t enough. Be proactive about protecting yourself by checking the feedback and feedback left for others of those making offers on your products or bidding. If you have a bid from a buyer with a scary habit of leaving apparently undeserved negative feedback for sellers---cancel that bid. (Yes, you can. It’s your stuff, remember.)
5. Here is one that may be a bit unorthodox but will prove to be very helpful to you if you want to be a successful eBay dropship seller: don’t use the same ID to buy and sell. Big mistake. Sadly, some eBay sellers are less than scrupulous and if you end up getting burned by one of them when a widget you bought is a worthless piece of junk…you don’t want to get your seller ID involved in a dispute. Leave another seller negative feedback using your selling ID, even if richly deserved, and there is a good chance they’ll retaliate and buy something from you just to neg you back. Nor are they likely to do it under their selling ID, so you wouldn’t be able to prove it. Keep the two activities separate. You’re allowed two IDs on eBay, use them.
These 5 tips can help you be a better dropship seller on eBay!
Are you having trouble getting your drop ship business off the ground?
You may be interested in reading Drop Ship eBay Sales: A Tale of Two Sellers .
In this free eBook , you’ll follow the paths of two very different sellers, each with their own approach to selling drop ship products on eBay. While one seller makes a lot of mistakes and wastes precious time that he could have been making money, the other seller gets it right from the get-go. The prosperous seller takes some simple steps that are paramount to success. These steps not only save time and make money in the beginning, they set a business up to succeed in the long run.
In every type of business, there will always be those who fail and those who find success; eBay is no exception. Why do some eBay drop ship sellers succeed in creating and maintaining a lucrative business, while others go into it with high hopes only to fizzle out in failure?
The answer to that lies not in the undertaking itself, but solely with the individual involved. In the free eBook, we show you the difference between the sellers who succeed and those who fail.
Is your business set up to succeed in the long run?
Find out if financial freedom is in your future.
Learn from sellers who have been there and done that! Use their tried and true tips to take your sales to the next level!
A Dropshipping on eBay: Tale of Two Sellers will teach you:
* What preparations you need to make before you sell drop ship products.
* How to research market trends to find the best drop ship products to sell.
* How to get your customers to come back again and again.
* The easiest way to make more money with the same drop ship products.
Are you more like Seller A or Seller B?
Find out now ! Take advantage of these two sellers’ experiences, and put their knowledge to work for you.
You’ll discover what it takes to make your online business successful.
Please enjoy our free gift to you!
We put this free eBook together for you, because we are passionately committed to your success. We want to help you succeed!
Thank you for taking the time to learn how to build a profitable drop ship business!
Please check out our Drop Ship Blog and our free Dropship Business Guides to learn easy ways to boost your sales.
Have you heard about viral marketing?
When used effectively, viral marketing increases your drop ship sales exponentially! Viral marketing encompasses several strategies that are easy to use and produce dramatic growth. All of these strategies are tried and true.
Our Drop Ship Access team put these tips to the test and was blown away with their success! We shouldn’t have been surprised though… Professionals have been using these marketing techniques to earn six figure incomes for years.
Now, you can too. Viral marketing is so easy that anyone can do it! Better yet, it’s free! If your sales figures aren’t quite where you want them to be, then read Experience Exponential Growth with Viral Marketing to start making more money online! You’ll learn the top five marketing strategies that you need to succeed in today’s market.
We want to see you succeed! At Drop Ship Access , it is our mission to help you make the profits that you need to prosper, especially in these tough times. We are passionately committed to your success, which is why it is so important to us to send you valuable information for free! The more you learn about drop shipping, the easier it will be for you to make serious money online.
Use the following tips to boost your drop ship sales the easy way:
The Surprising Marketing Tool
Can Facebook Help Grow Your Ecommerce Drop Ship Business?
How to Increase Your Wholesale Drop Ship Sales
Take your business to the next level by implementing viral marketing strategies today. We hope this info will help you Increase Drop Ship Sales with Viral Marketing. Thank you for taking the time to learn more.
Wishing You Lots of Success!
If you are looking for a new way to boost your dropship or other ecommerce sales, you might consider using Daily Deals!
Daily Deals are the new wave on the internet and many e-tail merchants, including eBay, are offering Daily Deals to entice customers to their website. Some websites are all about Daily Deals and nothing else. Living Social, for example, is one such site that is relatively new but has built up a massive base of subscribers in a very short period of time. The same applies to Groupon. Cool Savings is using Daily Deals and many local newspapers as well. Walmart has jumped on the Daily Deals band wagon, too.
Click Here For a FREE eBay E-Book That Will Have You Selling like a Pro!
Here are some stats from emarketer about Daily Deals:
- Users of both sites are more educated than Internet users in general.
- 57 percent of Groupon users, and 51 percent of LivingSocial users, are in the prime homeowner age groups of 35 to 64.
- Nearly two-thirds of visitors to both sites are female.
- Daily deal users tend to skew toward affluent. A separate study, by Nielsen, found visitors to LivingSocial 49 percent more likely than the average U.S. Internet user to earn $150,000 or more, while Groupon's users were 30 percent more likely.
A chart from Foresee
that breaks things down:
Why are Daily Deals so popular? In a nutshell, these promotions appeal to those who love to get in on special deals and save money. In these days of continuing high unemployment, outrageous fuel prices and escalating costs of everything else---that group of people is huge!
So, how could you incorporate Daily Deals into your dropship sales?
Here are a couple of tips to help you get started:
- Bundled Deals: Bundled deals are hot! A bundled deal is where you offer an accessory or coordinating product as a go-with for another product at a cheaper price than buying each item as a stand alone purchase. For example, if your niche is electronics and you are dropship selling DVD players, you might offer a DVD player along with a DVD cleaner or cleaning kit.
- Loss Leaders: Daily Deals are great loss leaders! A loss leader is a product that you sell at a rock bottom price for the purpose of attracting traffic to your dropship website or eBay dropship products. You might not make any profit on this item, so it doesn’t need to be anything pricey like a Plasma TV, but the whole idea of a loss leader is that you go into it knowing you won’t male a lot of money on it; just hoping it will drive traffic and then visitors will go on to buy other of your items.
If you are only dropship selling one product, you would probably need to offer more of a selection of products in order to run Daily Deals. It would be best to stick to items within your niche but isn’t strictly necessary.
Try using Daily Deals to drive traffic to your ecommerce dropship website and boost sales!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one:
Dropship Tips: Improve Your Google Ranking in 5 Easy Steps
You may have heard time and again that eBay dropshippers can’t make any money.
This is not true!
In fact, there are many dropship sellers making a killing on eBay, and you can, too---if you know how to go about it.
Click Here For a FREE E-Book About Selling on eBay!
As with any other endeavor, there will be the naysayers who are all gloom and doom; insisting that nobody can make any money with dropship products on eBay because they didn’t.
The thing is, no matter what you set out to do in life, there are those who succeed and those who fail. Which category you fall into…winners or losers….is up to you and you alone.
Just because someone else was a miserable failure at selling on eBay doesn’t mean that you will be. 99% of the time, people fail due to their own actions, or lack of action.
If one person sets out to do something and fails, or even if 10 people set out to do that same thing and they all fail, it doesn’t automatically follow that the 11th person will fail, too.
In order to list products that sell on eBay, do your homework before you get started. Here are a few tips toward joining the successful eBay drop shippers:
- Choose products that people want or need to buy. How do you know what these products are? This is where doing your homework comes in. Google the products you are considering selling….check them our on eBay and Amazon…find out if these are things with a big enough target market to be a profitable niche. The Ebay Pulse will show you various categories and the hottest searched for and watched items within those categories.
- Take the time to write great descriptions! It’s astonishing how many eBay sellers think that merely repeating the auction title is enough of a description. It isn’t! Make your descriptions sing. Romance them to make your products sound fantastic and include a loud, clear call to action at the end. So what if it’s an auction? You have to ask for the sale! Sellers who put this principle to good use will outsell those who don’t by a country mile!
- Post excellent images! If at all possible, take your own photos instead of using the stock images from your wholesale dropship product source. Include several different views---front, back, side, top, bottom---whatever provides a shopper with the very best images of the product you want them to buy. Remember that contrary to shopping in real-time, online shoppers can’t actually see, touch or hold the product. So, it’s imperative that you furnish great images!
- Reassure potential buyers that you are trustworthy. Fear of being ripped off by a scam artist on eBay and other online venues is what causes a lot of internet shoppers to back away instead of committing to buy. You might offer a Return Policy or refer them to your excellent feedback if you have accrued plenty of that, or just plainly tell them that their satisfaction is your goal. It doesn’t matter as much what you say to assure shoppers that you’re on the up-and-up, as long as you get the message across.
These tips can help you count yourself among the many successful eBay dropshippers!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one:
Successful Dropship Selling on eBay: A Tale of Two Sellers
eBay has had some problems during the past few years but it is still the biggest game in town for online auctions, and there is still a lot of money to be made there with wholesale dropshipping
What is wholesale dropshipping?
Basically, wholesale dropshipping means that you are getting the products to sell on eBay through a wholesale dropship product source, and then selling them at retail prices on eBay.Get FREE Valuable Information About Successful Selling on eBay!
But, although you can make a bundle this way, it is advisable to look before you leap. There are certain factors to take into consideration that will play a pivotal role in the success or failure of your career as an eBay dropshipper.
Here are a few tips to help you be successful with wholesale dropshipping on eBay:
- Do your homework. Before you slap some auctions up there on eBay, take the time to find out which products have a great sell through rate. This depends on the rule of supply and demand, which simply means that you will make more sales if you are supplying an item that is in great demand. You can make money with fewer sales if you are selling something that is less in demand but with a very high profit ratio, of course. But for the most part, stick with products that a lot of shoppers want. Check the eBay Pulse for a bird’s eye view of hot products that are much in demand.
- Choose a wholesale product source that can be depended on to ship promptly, and then be upfront with your customers about shipping times. Don’t give an estimated date of arrival as one or two days if you are reasonably sure it will take a bit longer than that. Most buyers are fine with shipping times as long as the seller doesn’t mislead them about when to expect the item.
- Always choose a dropship product source that will let you know when stock is running low or an item is out of stock. Some buyers will have a really bad reaction to buying and paying for an item, then being told they aren’t going to get it after all. In fact, some of them are likely to leave negative feedback and ding a sellers ratings, and a little of that will get you suspended from selling quickly. So, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Don’t oversell!
Those are just a few things you should do before getting started in wholesale dropshipping on eBay. Bear in mind that there are dropship sellers on eBay making six figure incomes, so do it right and you can join them!
If you liked this article, you may enjoy this one:
Dropship News: Social Media Marketing Trends & Statistics
Although one must admit that it’s getting progressively harder for eBay dropshippers
as well as other sellers to make money, there are a few ways to increase sales and income.
Fees continue to rise. So, what can you do? Be proactive! You can’t just sit back and let the winds of eBay blow you around like a tumble weed, this way and that, while your profits trickle through your fingers more and more with each fresh policy change and fee increase.Click Here to Get Hot Tips for eBay Dropshippers!
How can you be proactive? There are some things you can do that will help you run a tighter eBay ship and hopefully make a bit more money. For example, take advantage of some of the free services for sellers offered by eBay:
- Traffic and Sales Reports: These services for eBay sellers with a store subscription can be tremendously helpful by allowing you to see which items have the most views and highest sell through rates, the average price of your items sold, when your peak traffic days are, how viewers are finding you, which of your keywords are producing the most views, and much more.
- Email Marketing and Promotional Flyers: Build an opt-in email subscription list and make sure it is updated and sent out weekly, or more often if you have new items or are having a promotion or sale. You can create a promotional flyer, print copies and include in your packages as items are sold.
- Promote Similar Items: This is a great tool and should help you make more money on eBay! When you do this, your similar items will be shown on watched item alerts and lists, end of auction/sales notices to buyers and bidders who missed out on an item, open items across all formats. You can reach literally thousands of potential customers this way.
- Markdown Manager: Yet another great tool to help increase your profits! People in general love a sale! Using Markdown Manager, you can automatically mark down your selected items by a certain percentage of your choosing. The item is then clearly marked as being on sale and will catch the eye of many a roving shopper. You can go a step further and use the word "SALE!" or "CLEARANCE!" At the beginning of your titles. Again, a great attention getter!
There are sellers making many thousands of dollars a month as eBay dropshippers, and if you use these tips, you can make more money, too!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one:
10 FREE High Quality eCommerce Templates
Did you know that by making an effort to cultivate repeat customers, you could drastically increase sales for your drop ship
Calculating and predicting the value of repeat customers is nothing new.
Many mail order businesses and shopping companies on TV have been using customer behavior to predict the Lifetime Value and loyalty of customers for more than 40 years.
There are some extremely detailed and complicated tables and formulas you can use to help predict Lifetime Value of a repeat customer, but for all practical purposes, the main thing is just to focus on trying to build a healthy repeat customer base.
Repeat customers are a good thing.
Think about it. Here is a customer who has already visited your dropship business and is hopefully on your email subscription list, so marketing to this repeat customer is a piece of cake.
You will have to spend less money on advertising for repeat customers as opposed to the amount necessary to get new business.
You have their information, you know their buying habits, and they already know who you are----when you market to repeat customers you’re working smarter, not harder!Click Here to Discover Powerful Ecommerce Marketing Secrets!
Now, what are some ways you can encourage customers to become loyal, repeat customers? Here are a few tips that may help build a good, solid repeat customer base for your drop ship business:
- Have a Customer Loyalty program. You might take a look at Drugstore.com and their repeat customer program. For every dollar you spend with them, you earn money that can be applied to a future purchase. Gymboree, a well known children’s clothing company, does the same thing with their “Gym Bucks” incentive program. People respond very well to this type of incentive and it’s a great way to build loyalty and keep customers coming back for more.
- Actively solicit email subscribers to your opt-in list. This way, you have their permission to send marketing newsletters, let them know about special sales, contests and promotions, etc.
- Keep track of who buys what. For example, if someone buys pool chemicals from you, there is a really good chance that same person will need pool chemicals again the next season. So, contact them with a special “Repeat Customer” discount on pool chemicals and other accessories commonly purchased for swimming pools.
- The best rule for getting repeat customers is to treat your new customers well, and your repeat customers even better. Make the shopping experience as fast, easy and efficient as you possibly can. Nothing helps to garner repeat customers as much as making a good first impression.
So, be sure to build a great repeat customer base for your drop ship business, and watch your profits grow!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one:
How a Home Dropship Business Can Set You Free!
Here is a Heads Up for eBay dropshippers: There are certain words that pack such a punch they will make money for you!
Just as there are words with negative connotations almost guaranteed to influence potential buyers to hit the back button and cause you to lose sales and money; there are also powerful buzz words that can have a positive effect on prospective eBay customers, thus making you money!
Human beings are strange creatures when it comes to the realm of the subconscious mind. Let’s use subliminal stimuli as an example. As far back as the 1950s, marketing experts realized the tremendous power of sending subliminal. Or “below the threshold” messages to people watching a movie at the theater or at home on their television set.
It has been tested and scientifically proven that subliminal messages are extremely effective in influencing viewers. The effects are short lived and fleeting, but since most sales are impulse buys anyway---who cares about long lasting effects?
Using powerful buzz words to increase your sales is not the same as using subliminal messages. But there is a similarity at least in effects due to the fact that as certain words have been positively identified as affecting a viewer’s frame of mind either negatively or positively.
Click Here to Receive Valuable Information About Dropshipping!
How can this help eBay dropshippers?
If you use some of the positive words in your eBay descriptions and titles, you may just give your sales a giant boost!
Here are some of the words that may increase your sales:
There are a lot more! But, you might experiment and try using a few of these or similar buzz words in your eBay item descriptions, to see if they do impact your sales.
Why not give it a try?
As the old saying goes:“If you have nothing to lose by trying and everything to gain if successful, by all means try!”
Who knows, eBay dropshippers? Just incorporating a few of the positive effect words into your text might send your sales skyrocketing!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one:
Dropship Tips: Working at Home---Habits of Highly Effective People