One of the main things you can do to boost sales and increase your conversion rate is to speed up your ecommerce dropship
business checkout process.
Internet retail analysts have long confirmed that in the sales funnel, checkout is probably the biggest jumping off place for buyers who abandon their shopping carts and leave your dropshipping site without completing a purchase.
So, if you can work on your checkout to make it as quick, painless and streamlined as possible for shoppers, you can reasonably expect to see a surge in your sales and an increase in your conversion rate.
Here are 5 tips to streamline your ecommerce dropship checkout process:
I. Don’t ask for too much info. Although you really do want to get shoppers signed up on your opt-in email marketing subscription list, this is secondary to actually making the sale. Don’t distract someone who has placed your items in their shopping cart and gotten that far along in the conversion process by forms to fill out that are not directly part of the checkout and payment process. The forms that do have to be filled out need to be kept as short and simple as possible. If someone is on the point of completing a purchase, hurry things along as fast as you can lest they have a change of heart.
II. Do display your trust and safety symbols prominently on the checkout page. Since this is one of the biggest hurdles that must be cleared with online shoppers in order to make a sale, you want to give them plenty of assurance that their personal and financial info is safe and secure on your site.
III. Do have a progress bar that shows shoppers exactly where they are in the checkout process. If you require the email address to be entered twice as most sites do and someone flubs up when entering one of the email addresses---or on any other place on the shipping or billing info forms---be sure to highlight the error so that they can plainly see where they went wrong. Having to play some kind of guessing game or using process of elimination to get these forms filled out correctly has caused man an abandoned shopping cart.
IV. Keep the steps in the checkout process to as few as you possibly can, preferably no more than three. The fewer steps there are from start to finish of checkout, the more sales you will make and the fewer abandoned shopping carts by people who have had time to get cold feet.
Use these 5 tips to streamline your ecommerce dropship business checkout and make more sales!
Anyone who is interested in walking away from a low paying, high stress job in favor of achieving both personal and financial freedom with an ecommerce home business of their own might be interested in finding out about the advantages of dropshipping
Although it is probably true that there is no such thing as a perfect job, being your own boss and working from home comes mighty close. The only regret most people have who opted to drop out of the Rat Race and start a home business is that they didn’t do it sooner.
There are many advantages to dropshipping as a business model and quite a few advantages to dropshipping on Amazon.
Let’s start by taking a quick look at the advantages of an ecommerce dropship home business:
- You won’t have to take out a bank loan for start up costs as it is extremely wallet friendly to get started in your own home dropshipping business since you don’t have many initial expenses.
- You don’t have to buy inventory or house it, since your wholesale product source does this.
- You don’t incur any risk with your inventory as far as being stuck with excess products you can’t move, as you only pay for each one as it sells and your customer has paid you for it.
- You aren’t limited in the number or variety of products you can sell as you would be with a traditional brick and mortar store start up since you don’t pay for them up front.
Those are the basic financial advantages of starting a dropship business; we won’t go into all of the personal advantages and benefits that are yours when you earn your living from the comfort, privacy and security of your own home. Suffice to say that they are plentiful!
Now, moving right along to the advantages of dropshipping on Amazon, here are a few:
- It is a massive, absolutely HUGE online marketplace. In fact, it’s the biggest there is on the World Wide Web. You share the benefits of all that traffic with millions upon millions of shoppers from all around the world moving through the site 24/7.
- As the world’s largest and most successful online marketplace, you reap the benefits of the trust shoppers in general have in Amazon. Trust is a big issue with many online shoppers that worry about buying online and getting ripped off or having their personal and financial data misused. It’s a case of being judged by the company you keep when you dropship on Amazon because the trust shoppers place in the site filters down to you.
- You can open an Amazon Webstore very economically and pay reasonable selling fees on items sold.
If you have been day dreaming of being able to work from home…choosing the hours and says you work….taking vacations and breaks and days off when it suits you instead of marching to the beat of someone else’s drum….reaping the benefits of your hard work yourself instead of lining someone else’s pockets and so on and so forth…..you couldn’t find a better time to get started!
The winter holidays are the biggest shopping days of the year for online shopping. Soon there will be hordes of shoppers converging on the internet to buy gifts for those on their lists. This presents a fantastic opportunity for a wannabe ecommerce entrepreneur.
So, check out the advantages of dropshipping in general and dropshipping on Amazon in particular and start today to build a better tomorrow!
If you are tired of working for someone else and longing to be your own boss with an ecommerce business of your own that would allow you to work from home, you may be interested in 3 tips to making more money on eBay with dropshipping
Before we proceed any further, we should probably lay something to rest that might affect your decision to consider dropshipping on eBay if you have heard or read some of the Doomsday prophecies about how nobody can be successful at it:
It isn’t true.
The fact is that there are many successful eBay dropshippers. You won’t hear much from them for the simple reason that they’re too busy making money to talk or write about it. As Winston Churchill once remarked “A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.”
When you see the Debbie Downer stuff about how impossible it is to be successful dropshipping on eBay, you should realize that in most cases, these are people that would have failed at any endeavor….not just as eBay dropshippers. Without the proper work ethics and stick-to-it-iveness, nobody will be successful at anything.
So, now that we’ve cleared that up, let’s proceed to the 3 tips to making more money on eBay with dropshipping.
I. Successful eBay dropshippers understand the importance of having a great niche with products that are in high enough demand to ensure them a steady stream of traffic and sales. No matter how great your work ethics and commitment to success might be in ecommerce, if you don’t have something people want---you will not succeed. Choosing a successful niche means doing the necessary research to determine what’s hot and what’s not. There are several ways to go about this. You can browse eBay completed listings to see what products had a high sell through rate and the prices they brought. You can also use the Google Keyword Tool to research a niche and see global monthly results of how many searches were performed for it. For example, if you used the search phrase “Fuzzy Purple Key chains” and found that there were a slew of global searches in a period of one month, this would tell you that fuzzy purple key chains are in high demand and should make a profitable niche for dropshipping on eBay.
II. Successful eBay drop shippers understand the importance of good copywriting and images, which means writing titles and descriptions that convert to sales and ditto for images. This is one of the most critical points to success on eBay! You can take the time to romance your product descriptions to make them sound as attractive and appealing as possible and make more sales, or you can take the lazy way out and use the brief and generally utilitarian product descriptions from your wholesale product source---and make less sales. The same rule applies to images. You can either procure one each of all your dropship products you will be selling on eBay and take fantastic photos of them and make more sales, or you can use the images provided by your product supplier which are ordinarily pretty blah and basic---and make less sales. Remember that with ecommerce, shoppers are unable to actually see or touch your products and must rely on your descriptions and images to help them make a buying decision.
III. Successful eBay drop shippers understand the importance of customer service. If you fall down in this area, doing a bang up job on the two above won’t help you much. Your seller feedback on eBay is vital to your success and it doesn’t take too many bad feedbacks or Detailed Seller Ratings to sink your eBay ship like the Titanic, only there won’t be a band playing as you go under. Be consistent in providing great customer service and your customers will reward you with excellent feedback and ratings, plus in many cases with repeat business. Always strive to over-deliver rather than under-deliver and you’ll reap many benefits.
Use these 3 tips to making more money on eBay with dropshipping to launch your own profitable home business in ecommerce!
In case you didn’t know, mobile shopping is increasing by leaps and bounds, so it would behoove you to make sure your ecommerce dropship
business is up to par and fully mobile friendly, especially since the holidays are very close and traffic will be booming on the World Wide Web.
In case you are unfamiliar with what mobile shopping is, here is a brief explanation:
Mobile shopping simply refers to shopping online with a mobile device. This could be an iPad, iPhone, tablet, smart phone…any mobile device that can access the internet may be used for shopping online.
eMarketer has released some of its latest findings about mobile shopping and the results should provide you with ample proof that if your dropship listings or website isn’t mobile friendly, you are definitely missing the boat….a boat loaded with sales and profits!
Here are some of these interesting stats about mobile shopping that may influence you to get in on it for your home business.
“Online sales from mobile shopping are predicted to be more than $41 billion in the US this year.
eMarketer has revised its United States e-tail ecommerce sales estimates to higher than originally estimated and reports that online sales from mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets could account for 16% of all US ecommerce.”
Still not convinced? Look at this:
- According to research from eDigitalResearch and IMRG in April 2013, 39% of smartphone owners have already used their mobile device to make a purchase and 10% of all ecommerce website visits come from mobiles.
Now, if you are ready to jump on the mobile shopping bandwagon, here are a few timely tips that will help you optimize your dropship business to snare more mobile sales.
- Make Payments Easy---If there is one thing you absolutely want to avoid with mobile shoppers it’s a lot of data entry. Avoid unnecessary forms to fill out, etc. Make payments as easy as possible by offering such methods as Paypal and Google Wallet, where most users will already have accounts with stored info.
- Make Viewing Easy---Be sure that your page layouts are optimized for mobile devices. In other words, it should adapt to fit any size screen and display accurately. Avoid overcrowding your pages or having “noisy” flash images and other distractions that divert the shopper from the main thing…your products.
- Use Apps to Track Mobile Shopping---Analytics are just as vital for mobile ecommerce as conventional online sales. Use apps that will help you analyze and measure your mobile shopping and sales so that you can see where you may need to improve.
- Security is Still Important---Security is just as important to mobile online shoppers as it is to everybody else, so be sure to prominently display your trust and security icons and certificates where mobile shoppers will easily see them and feel reassured.
- Make One Account Suffice---Your mobile shoppers shouldn’t have to maintain separate accounts. Make their regular online account the same as their mobile account for faster and easier login and use.
Now you have some ideas as to how to optimize mobile shopping for your ecommerce dropship business, so get started before the holiday rush!
Did you know that you can use link building to grow your ecommerce dropship
You can, if you learn the ins and outs of how to of about it successfully.
Link building can be a great way to boost traffic to your home dropship business ecommerce website and increase sales while you’re at it. Many savvy ecommerce entrepreneurs know this and take full advantage of it, to their benefit. It works for them and it can work for you, too!
If you are a newbie to the ecommerce scene, you might not be familiar with link building and might appreciate a short explanation of what it is and how it works. As is so often the case, we will turn to that wonderful free web encyclopedia Wikipedia to furnish us with a concise definition of what link building is:
“In the field of search engine optimization, link building describes actions aimed at increasing the number and quality of inbound links to a page.”
Now, that isn’t quite all you need to know, but it will get you started, along with a few more little helpful tidbits such as a rudimentary understanding of reciprocal link building.
Reciprocal links are links between two sites. For example let’s say that you have a dropship website selling baby clothes and you set up a reciprocal link with a website that sells baby strollers, high chairs, play pens and so on. This would be a mutually advantageous arrangement because your products correlate. In other words, people shopping for baby equipment are probably going to be buying baby clothes and vice versa. Reciprocal links are good things provided that the sites you link to are of high quality. Link to poor quality sites and you will suffer for it as Google takes a dim view of this and will penalize you accordingly.
Now let’s look at how you can build your dropship home business with link building. Here are some tips that will help:
- Guest posting is a fantastic way to build quality links. Write some high quality guest posts for blogs that relate to your niche and the owners will ordinarily allow you to link to your own site. If you acquire high quality backlinks for your guest blogs, you will be taking giant steps toward building your business!
- Press releases are another fantastic way to build your dropship home business. Get some great press releases together and distribute them to high quality news portals. Google will pick them up and you’re in line Flynn!
- Social media is yet another way to build backlinks and is an excellent method of link building that will pay you back big time!
- Internal links are also great! Link to other relevant content within your own site. Google rewards you for being user friendly and when you direct readers to other, similar high quality content within your site, you make points with Google.
Once you learn how to use link building correctly, you can grow your ecommerce dropship home business and increase profits!
These 3 top SEO tips can increase dropshipping
sales for the holidays.
Believe it or not, even though Halloween is still over a month away, there are already shoppers flocking to the internet to get started on their shopping for the holidays.
While there are many procrastinators who leave it until the last possible minute, there are also a great number of people who like to get started with their shopping for the winter holidays early and are online now buying gifts for those on their lists.
Using proper SEO can greatly increase your dropshipping sales during the holidays. Don’t let anyone tell you that SEO is obsolete because it most assuredly is not. When you run across someone that adheres to the belief that SEO is dead, it is someone who was not using SEO best practices anyway….probably a former proponent of the old Black Hat SEO.
This type of SEO truly is history and we should all be thankful that it is no more. Article farmers who paid people from underprivileged countries literal pennies to crank out hundreds and thousands of articles that were complete and total garbage with no value to anybody. The sole purpose of these “articals” was to pump out keywords in great volume. Never mind whether this content made sense or not (usually not) as long as there were scads of keywords. Those days are gone.
Nowadays, you need to use SEO in such a way that Google and the other search engines will smile upon you. To do this, follow these 3 top SEO tips:
1. Choose your keywords wisely. This is one of the key elements of good SEO. For instance, if your niche is pet supplies, don’t focus on “pet supplies” as your main keyword phrase. Instead, go with long tail keywords that describe your products, such as “heated dog bed” or “rawhide treats” or whatever. You get the idea. The principle here is to avoid keywords or keyword phrases that will have a ton of competition. Drill down for less used but more relevant and focused long tailed keywords.
2. Write for readers, not for the search engines. This is a critical point in today’s SEO. Google and the other major search engines want high quality content, not gibberish stuffed with keywords. Your content should be interesting, informative or educational… even humorous. It doesn’t matter so much which, what matters is that it be of some value to readers. If you are a complete washout at writing decent content, it would be worth your while and money to hire a freelancer or pay a talented friend or acquaintance to do it for you.
3. Employ quality link building. This is another big change since the Google Penguin and Panda updates. Google never did like poor quality links and now it absolutely hates them. With Google, you are judged by the company you keep, so forget buying links by the droves just to have them. Instead, go for high quality, relevant links that will gain you brownie points with the search engines.
Use these 3 Top SEO tips to boost dropshipping sales during the upcoming holidays!
Heads up pet supplies dropshippers
: you can boost sales during the upcoming holiday season with gifts for Fido and Fluffy, plus a variety of other pets.
According to statistics, people spend a lot of money on their pets. In fact, pet supplies is a fantastic dropshipping niche for this very reason. If you have been longing to walk away from a job you hate in favor of being your own boss and working from home with an ecommerce business, pet supplies as a niche has tons of promise!
This is especially true during the winter holidays when indulgent pet owners lavish gifts on their four footed friends, or in some cases---two footed or no feet. While it may seem strange to think that someone would buy Christmas gifts for a snake or a fish, people do it. Birds are big favorites for holiday gifts, as well. Actually, almost any kind of pet is a candidate for holiday gifts, so you would probably be well advised to offer a little something for many different sorts of pets.
That being said, the emphasis will be on felines and canines as cats and dogs are the most popular pets in the world.
Now, what kind of dropship products would appeal to pet owners looking for that special gift for a furry friend or friends?
Here are a few suggestions:
- Toys for dogs
- Toys for cats
- Stockings to hang by the chimney
- Edible treats for dogs
- Edible treats for cats
- Dog beds
- Cat beds
- Cat condos
- Cat scratching pads
- Heated crate or pet bed pads
- And much more
If you are skeptical that there is really much of a demand for pet gifts during the holidays, take a look at these stats from the American Pet Products Association:
- 53% of dogs and 38 percent of cats receive gifts at Christmas, according to those surveyed in the American Pet Products Association (APPA) 2011 / 2012 National Pet Owners Survey.
- Pet retail segments are traditionally among the leaders during the holiday selling seasons, even in the toughest of economic situations. Although this was the case in 2008 and 2009, and the economy only slowly started to improve in 2010 and 2011, pet owners always continued to spend money on their pets over the holidays.
- APPA is also thrilled to announce out of 259 pet owners recently polled on Facebook, 93 percent said “yes” they plan on purchasing a gift for their pet this holiday season. (2012)
And here is more good news:
These numbers are from the 2007 U.S. Pet Ownership & Demographics Sourcebook:
- 73% of all United States households (about 87 million) have at least one pet.
- Dogs are the top pet with 37.2% of pet owning households having at least one.
- More than 45 million people in the United States own dogs.
- 32 million of those people will buy Christmas gifts for their pets, and 10 million celebrate their dogs' birthdays.
Okay, we have firmly established that there IS a demand for pet gifts during the holidays!
Pet supplies dropshippers should start now to get their holiday gift items for pets lined up and work on marketing campaigns, promotion, social media campaigns, email marketing and more.
If you are dropshipping pet supplies and fail to offer holiday gifts for those pets, you are leaving money on the table.
Pet supplies drop shippers should begin immediately and be ready of the holiday shoppers!
It’s almost that time again, when holiday shoppers will be online looking for just the right gifts for those on their lists, so you may be able to use these 5 dropshipping
tips to help you gear up for the holidays.
One thing it is important to keep in mind is that even if your sales have been in something of a slump so far this year, if you play your cards right the holidays can work wonders to boost your overall bottom line.
Retail internet sales analysts are predicting record numbers of online shoppers for this season’s holiday buying and with just a little bit of preparation and work, you can get your share of this very profitable pie.
Here are 5 dropshipping tips for gearing up to bag those holiday sales:
1. Tune Up Your Website---Your dropship website needs to run like a well oiled machine 24/7, but if there was ever a time when a fast website with no errors was doubly important, it is the winter holidays shopping season. Check to make sure your pages are all loading correctly with no dreaded 404 errors and that it is loading FAST. Online shoppers are notoriously impatient at the best of times and when they are trying to do their holiday shopping you can count on their patience wearing thin. So, check your website thoroughly to make sure it’s as good as it can be.
2. Tweak Your SEO---Contrary to what you might have heard, SEO is not dead. In fact, it’s alive and thriving. You must utilize good SEO if you want to maximize sales through the holidays. Make sure you have lots of fresh, relevant content. Tweak your product descriptions and images. Use SEO on your social media pages and in all of your marketing tactics such as email newsletters.
3. Use Social Media---The holidays are a fantastic time to use social media marketing to its best advantage. Have some contests, offer freebies and coupons, give people an incentive to buy from your dropshipping website. You should decorate your social media pages for the holidays, too. Don’t overload it but do have some festive images and colors.
4. Map out a strong marketing campaign for the holidays. You can’t wait until the last minute and expect to be as successful as you would have been if you had gotten your ducks in a row and started earlier. Sit down and figure out exactly how you are going to market your dropshipping products, plan your promotions carefully and decide how you will boost your sales accordingly.
5. Last but not least, decide what dropship products you might add that will boost your sales during the holidays. You may think that your niche won’t lend itself well to adding gift type products and actually---it may not. If you are selling items such as incontinence pads, for example, there simply isn’t much of a way to get festive or add extra products that would make nice gifts and correlate with your niche. But, for the most part, most niches would be prime for adding extra money makers during the winter holidays. If you dropship camping supplies, for instance, the holidays present a great opportunity to highlight down sleeping bags suitable for cold weather camping.
Use these 5 dropshipping tips to gear up for the winter holidays and you’ll be sure to rake in a lot of extra sales and profits!
Did you know that having a home dropshipping
business could change your life for the better?
It’s a fact! Anyone who feels trapped in a job that brings them nothing except high stress and low pay can take heart from this, because if you want to make a break for personal and financial freedom and work from home, there is a light at the end of the tunnel with the dropshipping business model.
Why do so many people stay on and on in jobs that make them totally miserable?
Well, there might be several reasons for this, depending on the individual circumstances. Here are a few things that cause many people to keep slogging away at a dead end job instead of starting their own home business:
A. Fear that it would require a lot of start up money
B. Fear that they would have a lengthy period without an income while the business got on its feet and started making a profit
C. Fear of failure
D. Fear of giving up a steady paycheck and venturing into the unknown
Let’s tackle these reasons for hesitating about starting an online home business in dropshipping one by one:
A. Fear that starting a home drop ship business would require a big chunk of capital. In a traditional brick and mortar business, and even some ecommerce businesses, this would be true and a definite deterrent to a lot of wannabe ecommerce entrepreneurs without a sizable bank roll to get then started. Not so for a dropshipping business. You don’t have to pay for your products up front, only paying the wholesale product source as each item is sold and you have collected the money for it from your buyer. So---no inventory to buy! You never have the products in your physical possession, either, so there is no expense or labor of housing inventory. This also means that you are spared the expense and hassle of shipping. All you have to do is sell, sell, sell!
B. Fear of having a long wait before profits start flowing in. With a dropshipping business, this is not a concern as it is with a traditional business. Why not? Because you can select the products you want to dropship and list them on the venue of your choice with a few clicks of your mouse and you’re in business….ready to start making sales an profits literally immediately.
C. Fear of failure. Fear of failure holds so many people back from the good things in life that could be theirs if they managed to overcome the timidity and fear that is holding them back. Yes, it’s possible to fail. But if you have good, strong work habits and are willing to put your shoulder to the wheel and do what needs to be done in order to succeed with a home dropshipping business, there is no reason for failure. As FDR once said, there is nothing to fear but fear itself.
D. Fear of the unknown and giving up a steady paycheck. Admittedly, it can be pretty scary taking a leap of faith into the unknown. But, as the old saying goes, if you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got. Not particularly grammatical, but true. In order to change your life for the better, you have to overcome your fear of making the change and just do it.
A home dropshipping business can give you a quality of life that is simply not possible while working and making money for somebody other than yourself. You will be doing more than making a living---you’ll be making a life.
So, take the first steps toward changing your life for the better today with a home dropshipping business!
Would you like to get 4 simple tips for making money dropshipping
While you might have heard some negative talk to the contrary, the truth is that there are plenty of successful ecommerce entrepreneurs dropshipping on eBay and loving it! One thing you should always keep in mind when you run across these doomsday stories about how making money on eBay with the dropship business model is impossible is that in many---or even most---cases, these people would have failed at any endeavor, not just dropshipping on eBay.
Let’s face it. We all know the pessimistic people who moan and groan all the time about basically anything and everything.
These are the Eeyores of the world. The thing is that things don’t usually improve much for these folks because they never recognize or acknowledge the reason for their misery and repeated failures. What is the problem? Why do some people fall flat on their faces time after time, in one venture or job after another?
The problem is their attitude and in all too many cases, things such as poor work ethics, unrealistic expectations, poor planning and management, and so on.
If you are the type of person who has a winning attitude and you have what it takes to be successful in an online business, you most definitely can succeed with dropshipping on eBay.
Here are 4 money making tips to help you achieve that success:
1. Offer free shipping. Internet research has shown beyond any and all doubt that the average online shopper is more likely to buy if free shipping is offered. You can factor in the amount of shipping into your starting auction price or your fixed price listing so that you don’t lose any money. This is a win-win for all concerned. You make more sales and the buyer is happy with free shipping.
2. Learn and use the eBay jargon so that your titles will pack more of a punch and provide more info to shoppers. Since eBay expanded the number of characters allowed in the titles, it has been a big help. Still, knowing how to use eBay Speak effectively can make your titles even better. Here are a few to get you started: NWT---New With Tags. NIB---New In Box. OSFA---One Size Fits All. There are more, just scout around some auctions and learn the lingo.
3. Research pricing in your niche or of your dropshipping products so that you are competitive with your competitors. Don’t try to undersell them, though. Shoppers are not averse to paying more for something that has more perceived value. You can beef up the perceived value of your items by having better descriptions and images than your competition, offering free shipping, 14 day returns, etc.
4. Timing is everything! There is literally no telling how many people have failed as dropshipping sellers on eBay because they didn’t grasp the importance of timing. For example, you may be a night owl who loves to stay up all night, but having your listings end in the wee hours of the morning is just plain dumb. How many insomniac shoppers are likely to be online at 3 am and shopping on eBay? A few, yes, but not enough to offset the loss of traffic from the people who went to bed and slept through the night, as most of us do. Keep in mind that eBay runs on PST. You should adjust your timing for ending listings accordingly.
Use these 4 money making tips for dropshipping on eBay and watch those sales start pouring in!