Unless you’ve been stranded on a desert island with no access to news from the rest of the world for the past decade or so, you have surely heard of social media and social media marketing, but are confused about how you could use it to the advantage of your home dropshipping business.
Many home business owners are bypassing social media marketing because they mistakenly think they are too small fry for it and that it will help big box brands, but not theirs.
If you have a business---any kind of business---large or small, online or off, social media marketing can help you!
Here are 5 tips that will be useful to you in social media marketing for your home dropshipping business:
1. Quality over quantity---There are a slew of social media sites. Pick the ones that will deliver the most bang for your buck, so to speak, and go with two or three. Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest are huge, for instance. Choose one or all three of those sites and you can’t go wrong. But don’t get so much on your plate that you can’t do a good job because you have spread yourself too thin.
2. Be consistent---You can’t just create a face book fan page and then disappear into the ether. In order to be successful with social media marketing, you should plan on maintaining a consistent, steady presence on the site. Ideally, post a few times a day but if you can’t manage that---at least once every day.
3. Listen---Don’t just get on Facebook or Twitter and talk AT people. Talk TO them. A lot of social media marketer wanna bes make the fatal mistake of posting but never actually engaging or listening to what others have to say. If you don’t listen to them, they won’t listen to you. It’s just that simple.
4. Give something of value---Don’t jump into social media trumpeting the glories of your dropshipping business. Nobody wants all that sales hype and in fact, will avoid it like the plague. It’s okay to promote your business, of course, but provide something of value for the most part. This can be a funny image or saying, an interesting tidbit of news pertaining to your niche, a contest, a giveaway or other promotion, a how-to or funny video---you get the idea.
5. Timing---As with so many other things in life timing…while not everything…is important in social media marketing. Social Caffeine created an info graphic based on research and surveys that shows the best times for engaging on various social media sites. You can use free services such as HootSuite to help you schedule your face book posts and tweets to appear at the optimal times.
Social media marketing is a great way to grow and build your online home dropshipping business, so don’t delay any longer---jump on the social bandwagon and watch your sales grow!
If you aren’t harnessing the awesome power of social media marketing to grow your dropship
business, you’re missing the boat!
Social sites such as Facebook, Twitter and now Pinterest are HOT. Internet stats have shown over and over again that social media marketing can definitely help an ecommerce or other business, so you definitely need to get on board with your dropship business right away.
There are a wealth of tools available online to help with your dropship business social media marketing and many of them are free, which makes them even better.
Here are 10 FREE social media marketing tools for your dropship business:
1. Social Mention
: You need to know what is being said about your dropship business and products online! With this handy free listening tool, you can keep an ear to the ground and find out exactly who is saying what, where. You can get real time alerts about not only your own business, but your competitors as well----very useful info!
: Since a blog for your dropship business is social media, treat yourself to a tour of WordPress and check out all the fabulous free apps they have to make blogging easy as pie!
3. Tweet Deck
: Tweet Deck by Twitter is a wonderful dashboard social media marketing tool. You can arrange your feeds into customizable columns, schedule tweets, monitor and manage unlimited Twitter accounts, stay up to date with notification alerts for new trends.
: This great tool helps you manage your blog comments. It’s all in real time, which can be a tremendous help in responding to comments quickly and interacting with your readers. One of the main benefits of a blog for your dropship business is interacting with readers, so being able to do it in real time is a boon, indeed.
5. Tweet Reach
: Tweet Reach can help measure the impact of your social media marketing and campaigns on Twitter. You can generate reports based on almost anything, including keywords, user names, tweet texts, URLs and more. Quite useful in getting an idea of how far your tweet traveled.
6. Hoot Suite
: This social media marketing tool has been around for a while and is a tried and true way of helping you with your dropship business efforts on the social scene. There are paid plans and a free plan. Basically, it seems that the free plan has everything a small ecommerce home business would need. You get free reports, message scheduling, 5 social profiles, 2 RSS/atom feeds, unlimited apps and more.
7. Facebook Insights
: This free tool can be a huge help in seeing and understanding who is a fan, tracking your growth and impact, as well as helping you to reach the right audience for your niche.
: As with HootSuite, there are pad plans and a free version of this great tool and the free version should suit your dropship business purposes nicely. There are a variety of analytics that will come in handy, plus demographic data and more.
: Love this free social media marketing tool! Simply type what you want to know about into the search box and find out what’s trending. A good way to keep your finger on the pulse of social media.
10. Google Analytics Social Reports:
If you are already using Google Analytics, consider this a bonus---a nice and very helpful bonus. According to Google, here’s the scoop on this handy tool: “Social reports help you measure the impact social media has on your business goals and conversions. Integrated web and social data provides a holistic view of your content and community.”
Use these 10 free social media marketing tools to help build and grow your dropship business!
Anyone with a dropship
ecommerce business should consider using Facebook marketing to grow and build that business, boosting sales and profits along the way.Click Here For a FREE Social Media Marketing E-Book!
Facebook is a phenomenal platform for social media marketing! With over 750 million users worldwide, there is a huge target market on this social site for a savvy ecommerce entrepreneur who wants to see their dropship sales skyrocket without breaking the bank or their marketing budget. Most home business owners are able to handle social media marketing on Facebook themselves, without hiring any extra help, which makes it free. Free is good, right?
By actively looking for Facebook members whose interests correlate in some way with your dropship products and engaging with those members if possible, you are being proactive about expanding your presence on this popular social site while targeting those who might actually be interested in buying something from you at some point.
Here are three never-fail, tried and true tips for successful social media marketing with Facebook:
1. Send people to your Facebook Fan Page. Be sure that you have Facebook widgets imbedded on your dropship website as well as your business blog so that visitors to your site or blog can simply click to be on your Facebook page. One you get someone to your Facebook Fan Page, make it worth their while to “Like” you by offering a freebie of some sort. You don’t have to give away the store, but do offer something like an informative e-book or a freebie along that line. You might even offer free shipping if feasible.
2. Take advantage of some of the free automated tools and services that simplify and streamline your content updates by allowing you to schedule ahead of time, along with other convenient time savers.
3. Engage! This is the Number One area where many would-be social media marketers bite the dust. You can’t just jump on Facebook, or any social site, and post content then disappear into thin air until you post more content. When you start getting people to visit you on Facebook, interact and engage with them!
Facebook marketing is a fantastic way to grow and build your ecommerce dropship home business!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one: Dropship Tips: 5 Free Twitter Tools for Social Media Marketing
Anyone with a successful dropship
or other ecommerce business is probably well aware of the value of social media marketing and might appreciate these FREE social media optimization tools to help streamline and enhance marketing efforts.Click Here For a FREE Social Media Marketing E-Book!
There are plenty of paid social media optimization tools and in some cases, using one or more of them may be warranted if your dropship business budget can stand it. Sometimes it comes down to a case of having to spend money to make money. On the other hand, there are some fantastic free tools available on the World Wide Web that will be of immense help and benefit to you in your social media marketing campaigns designed to boost your dropship sales, so look some of them over and give them a try. Since they’re free, what have you got to lose?
Here are 3 free social media optimization tools:
---This is a free or paid service. What is it? From the website: “KnowEm allows you to check for the use of your brand, product, personal name or username instantly on over 550 popular and emerging social media websites. Grab your name and secure your brand before someone else does”
II. InLink Analyzer from Eric Miraglia
---What is it? A back link analysis tool based on the Yahoo Site Explorer that counts and shows source links to a specific URL, and whether or not the source links were bookmarked on Delicious and if so---what keyword tags were used. This info can help you understand the relationship between social keywords and link popularity, which is a hardly bit of insight.
---What is it? A link analysis tool that provides link acquisition counts. If you have your own website, you get full reporting after your site is validated.
Social media optimization is getting to be almost as important as Search Engine Optimization, so try out these 3 free tools to help you work smarter instead of harder in your marketing efforts to grow and build your online dropship home business.
If you liked this article, you may also like this one: Making Money in a Recession Proof Home Business with Dropshipping
or other ecommerce home business will benefit from learning a few rules for social media marketing success that will help to grow and build your sales while enhancing public and customer relations.
Social media marketing is ideal for a home dropship business because you can actually handle it yourself without hiring a marketing firm or guru to take care of it for you. This means that it won’t cost you one red cent to expand your business and build your brand using social communities!Click Here For a Free Social Media Marketing E-Book!
Here are five basic golden rules for successful social media marketing:
I. Never spam, as in never, ever. This is one of the major ways that newbies at social media marketing shoot themselves in the foot and sabotage their own efforts at being successful in their efforts. Spamming or blatant sales hype and self promotion will get you unfollowed, ignored or blocked. Ouch! While it’s fine and even desirable to tout the benefits of your dropship products and/or business, too much of this will drive people away. Bear in mind that once they leave, it’s highly unlikely you will get them back.
II. Focus on relationships and interaction with others within the social community. Don’t talk at people---talk to them. Big, huge difference and failure to realize this will have the same effect as spamming: you will drive people away in droves.
III. Try to accrue friends, fans and followers whose interests are relevant in some way to your dropship business. For example, if you sell pet supplies, join groups that are about pet ownership, etc. If you have 50,000 Facebook fans but only about 1% of that number is likely to ever be a customer….you’re spinning your wheels and getting nowhere.
IV. Provide something of value to the community. It might be a valuable coupon or freebie, an interesting, newsworthy or entertaining tidbit, a funny story, a great video, etc. The exact nature of the content you share with the social site isn’t as important as simply sharing something that others might find valuable in some way.
V. Be consistent in providing fresh, relevant content. Not only will this help to win friends and influence people on the social sites you frequent, but it will also help you rank higher in Google and other search engine results.
Observe these 5 simple rules for social media marketing success and watch your dropship business grow!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one:
Ecommerce Dropship Tips: 3 Top eBay Alternatives
Anyone one with a home dropship
business or other ecommerce endeavor needs to be using social media marketing and Twitter is one of the hottest social sites around!
Twitter is huge and its numbers continue to grow on a daily basis as people from all around the world tweet and retweet on a regular basis. In fact, based on findings of internet research specialists, Twitter is beginning to surpass Facebook. This might be due to Facebook losing some members due to privacy concerns. At any rate, the point is that Twitter is an excellent platform for your social media marketing efforts and can be a big help in growing and building your dropship business.Click Here For a FREE Social Media Marketing E-Book!
Here are some tips to help you use Twitter effectively:
- Focus on your target market---If your reasoning is that you will catch more fish by casting a wide net and following everybody and his brother on Twitter while attempting to market your dropship business to all and sundry---you’re wrong. This will not work and you will soon exhaust yourself trying to reach too large an audience. Focus on your own dropship niche products and direct your tweets toward people who are most likely to be interested in that niche.
- Don’t be afraid to share---If you see tweets that you think will be of interest to those in your list of followers on Twitter….share that content. But be sure to give credit where credit is due by acknowledging the original Twitter poster.
- Use the free services available---Don’t try to reinvent the wheel. There are numerous free Twitter tools and services that will let you schedule tweets, keep track of your followers as well as who has stopped following you and much more. Take advantage of these freebies to make your dropship business social media marketing job easier!
- Don’t be afraid to be controversial---This doesn’t mean that you should get on Twitter and share your views and philosophies about politics and religion, because this is a big no-no for ecommerce marketing. But don’t shy away from some controversial subjects that pertain to your dropship niche. Controversy is a very effective way to get people engaged!
Use these Twitter tips to help in social media marketing and you will reap benefits for your online dropship business!
If you liked this article, you may also enjoy this one:
Email Marketing for your Home Dropship Business: What NOT to Do
If you have an online home dropship
business, you should be leveraging social media to grow and build your sales!Click Here For a FREE Social Media Marketing E-Book!
Social media marketing isn’t rocket science, but it does require some basic knowledge of how it works and how to get the best results for your efforts. Here are some tips to help put you on the fast track to successful social media marketing for your dropship or other ecommerce business:
- Write great headlines! When writing for your business blog, which may be considered social media marketing, learn to create good titles and headlines that will grab someone’s interest and make them want to read your content. Getting a viewer’s attention is half the battle!
- Always include a subscription RSS feed button so that it is easy for viewers to get your blog, face book and Twitter messages regularly.
- Be sure to include subscription buttons so that viewers can follow you on all of your venues---blog, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or wherever.
- Interact with your readers! If someone posts a comment to your blog or responds to one of your messages on Twitter or posts on Facebook, always reply! You aren’t supposed to use social media to talk at people, you’re supposed to engage and talk with people. Big difference and not engaging with those who attempt to start a conversation with you is a grave error that will undermine your social media marketing success.
- Don’t overlook YouTube in your social media marketing campaign. A simple video can help you acquire many friends and followers, especially if you make an instructional type of video. Make sure that the title of your video is rich with your niche keywords.
- Provide links to all of your social media pages in your marketing and promotional emails. This can be very helpful and is also easy for others to share news of a promotion with those in their circle.
Use social media marketing wisely for best results and it will help you build your dropship business.
If you liked this article, you may also like this one:
A Trick to Making More Ecommerce Dropship Sales
you are just starting out in a home dropship
or other ecommerce business, you may not be at all familiar with social media marketing and might appreciate a few basics to help you leverage this effective and economic method of growing your online business.Click Here For a FREE Social Media Marketing E-Book!
Here are some basics about social media marketing geared toward beginners:
- Facebook---Facebook is one of the largest social media sites on the planet wit a current membership of over 850 million and still growing strong. Originally, Facebook was started to allow personal interaction, and it is still very strong in that area. However, in recent years it has expanded into an ecommerce platform as well and can be enormously helpful in building your dropship business. You can have contests, promotions, freebie give-aways, polls, surveys and so on to encourage Facebook members to visit and “Like” your business Fan Page. By adding links to your dropship website or items listed on eBay, Amazon, Bonanza or whatever venue you are using, you can greatly increase traffic and sales. Facebook is free to join and use.
- Twitter---Twitter is another social media site that is booming. Twitter messages are short, only 140 characters, and are called tweets. Celebrities tweet on Twitter. Many of the Big Box corporations maintain an active Twitter presence. Even the president tweets. You should, too. It is free to join and use and there are numerous free apps and services to help you make the most of your marketing efforts on Twitter. Your dropship business will benefit from being part of Twitter!
- Blogging---Although not a social media site, per se, blogging for your dropship business can be considered part and parcel of social media marketing. You can use a blog hosting service such as WordPress that won’t cost you a dime and blog away about your dropship products as well as relevant topics that ecommerce entrepreneurs might enjoy reading.
The main thing to remember about using any of these three methods of social media marketing is to be consistent. To be effective and yield the best results, you should post to your Facebook Fan Page at least once a day and ditto for Twitter. Ideally, your business blog should be updated with fresh, relevant content on a daily basis. You don’t have to write an epic masterpiece. In fact, long blog articles tend to lose a reader’s attention. Stick with posts about 350-500 words long and you’ll be fine.
Besides helping win friends (and customers) and influence people on social media sites and with your blog, you will also enhance and elevate your rankings in Google and other search engine results pages. This is a big benefit!
Get started with the basics of social media marketing and grown your dropship business!
If you liked this article, you may also like this one:
Turn Your Business Blog Into a Marketing Machine!
If you have a dropship
or other ecommerce business and are not using Facebook for social media marketing, you are missing a fantastic opportunity to boost sales and traffic!
According to statistics, more than half of all people in the United States are using Facebook. There were over 800 million users on Facebook as of July 2011, worldwide. Just think of what a humongous group of potential buyers that is! You can leverage the power of social media and Facebook with only a few simple steps and a commitment to make the necessary effort to have your social media marketing pay off for your home dropship business.Click Here For a FREE Social Media Marketing E-Book!
Here are some handy tips to help you use Facebook to grow and build your home ecommerce dropship business:
- Integrate ecommerce into your Facebook store by having contests that request Likes in order to be entered, or freebies that work the same way. Many big corporations are doing this with resounding success. You can, too.
- Post ads and details of promotions on your Facebook wall with a link that sends viewers to your Facebook store pages. Use the Facebook Fans API, you can combine promotions with links to the product within your Facebook store and make it easy for visitors to make a purchase right then and there.
- Using the Share, Like and Reviews features facilitates viewers passing the world along about your products, promotions, contests, freebies or whatever to others within their circle. Ditto for reviews. Reviews are also great because they get viewers involved and interacting with you!
- The biggest majority of online users are still wary of divulging their personal and financial info on the internet. This is especially true if it is a procedure that they are not accustomed to. So, to increase buyer confidence and overcome fears about giving information necessary for a purchase, don’t direct would-be customers to your dropship website from Facebook if they want to make a purchase. This isn’t necessary and will cost you a lot of sales. Display the same trust & security symbols on your Facebook store pages as you do on your dropship website, and integrate your website’s preferred payment method---Paypal is one most users are comfortable and familiar with---so that a purchase can be completed on the spot.
Using these tips for social media marketing and ecommerce on Facebook will help build dropship sales!
If you liked this article, you may find this one useful:
Social Media Marketing: FREE Twitter Apps for eCommerce
If you don’t take advantage of social media to help boost 4th quarter holiday ecommerce dropship
sales, you’re missing a very profitable boat!
The 4th quarter holiday sales are always eagerly anticipated by all businesses---both traditional brick and mortar stores and online stores alike. If you have been having a record year with high sales, the last quarter sales from winter holiday shoppers will just be frosting on the cake. If your sales have been lagging a little, you can count on these holiday sales to greatly increase your bottom line for the entire year.Click Here For a FREE E-Commerce Marketing Strategies E-Book!
Social media can and should play a vital role in your winter holiday sales and promotions! This is not the time to sit on the sidelines with your social media marketing efforts. Get in the game and harness the tremendous power of social media to help boost your 4th quarter sales. Here are a couple of tips to help you use social media to build these last quarter profits:
- This is a great time to interact with your fans and followers. Try posting polls with holiday themes and having holiday themed contests as well as promotions. Get people involved! Show your holiday spirit by giving away freebies such as free downloads of printable gift tags, labels, etc. Have a holiday party on the social site. Invite all of your fans and followers and ask them to spread the word and invite their friends. Have drawings for door prizes every hour or every day, whichever works best for you. It isn’t necessary to give expensive prizes. Consider the cost of the prizes as an advertising expense.
- Plan your holiday campaign and be sure to include it in your social media marketing. For example, if you are giving free or discounted shipping or a coupon code for $10 off $50 or something along that line, don’t forget to include these promotions on your social media pages. Be sure to make it easy for people to share your promotions with others!
Social media marketing can be a huge help in boosting those 4th quarter holiday sales for your dropship home business.
If you liked this article, you may also like this one:
Your Top Questions Answered About Social Media Marketing