If you are tired of working for someone else and longing to be your own boss with an ecommerce business of your own that would allow you to work from home, you may be interested in 3 tips to making more money on eBay with dropshipping
Before we proceed any further, we should probably lay something to rest that might affect your decision to consider dropshipping on eBay if you have heard or read some of the Doomsday prophecies about how nobody can be successful at it:
It isn’t true.
The fact is that there are many successful eBay dropshippers. You won’t hear much from them for the simple reason that they’re too busy making money to talk or write about it. As Winston Churchill once remarked “A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.”
When you see the Debbie Downer stuff about how impossible it is to be successful dropshipping on eBay, you should realize that in most cases, these are people that would have failed at any endeavor….not just as eBay dropshippers. Without the proper work ethics and stick-to-it-iveness, nobody will be successful at anything.
So, now that we’ve cleared that up, let’s proceed to the 3 tips to making more money on eBay with dropshipping.
I. Successful eBay dropshippers understand the importance of having a great niche with products that are in high enough demand to ensure them a steady stream of traffic and sales. No matter how great your work ethics and commitment to success might be in ecommerce, if you don’t have something people want---you will not succeed. Choosing a successful niche means doing the necessary research to determine what’s hot and what’s not. There are several ways to go about this. You can browse eBay completed listings to see what products had a high sell through rate and the prices they brought. You can also use the Google Keyword Tool to research a niche and see global monthly results of how many searches were performed for it. For example, if you used the search phrase “Fuzzy Purple Key chains” and found that there were a slew of global searches in a period of one month, this would tell you that fuzzy purple key chains are in high demand and should make a profitable niche for dropshipping on eBay.
II. Successful eBay drop shippers understand the importance of good copywriting and images, which means writing titles and descriptions that convert to sales and ditto for images. This is one of the most critical points to success on eBay! You can take the time to romance your product descriptions to make them sound as attractive and appealing as possible and make more sales, or you can take the lazy way out and use the brief and generally utilitarian product descriptions from your wholesale product source---and make less sales. The same rule applies to images. You can either procure one each of all your dropship products you will be selling on eBay and take fantastic photos of them and make more sales, or you can use the images provided by your product supplier which are ordinarily pretty blah and basic---and make less sales. Remember that with ecommerce, shoppers are unable to actually see or touch your products and must rely on your descriptions and images to help them make a buying decision.
III. Successful eBay drop shippers understand the importance of customer service. If you fall down in this area, doing a bang up job on the two above won’t help you much. Your seller feedback on eBay is vital to your success and it doesn’t take too many bad feedbacks or Detailed Seller Ratings to sink your eBay ship like the Titanic, only there won’t be a band playing as you go under. Be consistent in providing great customer service and your customers will reward you with excellent feedback and ratings, plus in many cases with repeat business. Always strive to over-deliver rather than under-deliver and you’ll reap many benefits.
Use these 3 tips to making more money on eBay with dropshipping to launch your own profitable home business in ecommerce!
Would you like to get 4 simple tips for making money dropshipping
While you might have heard some negative talk to the contrary, the truth is that there are plenty of successful ecommerce entrepreneurs dropshipping on eBay and loving it! One thing you should always keep in mind when you run across these doomsday stories about how making money on eBay with the dropship business model is impossible is that in many---or even most---cases, these people would have failed at any endeavor, not just dropshipping on eBay.
Let’s face it. We all know the pessimistic people who moan and groan all the time about basically anything and everything.
These are the Eeyores of the world. The thing is that things don’t usually improve much for these folks because they never recognize or acknowledge the reason for their misery and repeated failures. What is the problem? Why do some people fall flat on their faces time after time, in one venture or job after another?
The problem is their attitude and in all too many cases, things such as poor work ethics, unrealistic expectations, poor planning and management, and so on.
If you are the type of person who has a winning attitude and you have what it takes to be successful in an online business, you most definitely can succeed with dropshipping on eBay.
Here are 4 money making tips to help you achieve that success:
1. Offer free shipping. Internet research has shown beyond any and all doubt that the average online shopper is more likely to buy if free shipping is offered. You can factor in the amount of shipping into your starting auction price or your fixed price listing so that you don’t lose any money. This is a win-win for all concerned. You make more sales and the buyer is happy with free shipping.
2. Learn and use the eBay jargon so that your titles will pack more of a punch and provide more info to shoppers. Since eBay expanded the number of characters allowed in the titles, it has been a big help. Still, knowing how to use eBay Speak effectively can make your titles even better. Here are a few to get you started: NWT---New With Tags. NIB---New In Box. OSFA---One Size Fits All. There are more, just scout around some auctions and learn the lingo.
3. Research pricing in your niche or of your dropshipping products so that you are competitive with your competitors. Don’t try to undersell them, though. Shoppers are not averse to paying more for something that has more perceived value. You can beef up the perceived value of your items by having better descriptions and images than your competition, offering free shipping, 14 day returns, etc.
4. Timing is everything! There is literally no telling how many people have failed as dropshipping sellers on eBay because they didn’t grasp the importance of timing. For example, you may be a night owl who loves to stay up all night, but having your listings end in the wee hours of the morning is just plain dumb. How many insomniac shoppers are likely to be online at 3 am and shopping on eBay? A few, yes, but not enough to offset the loss of traffic from the people who went to bed and slept through the night, as most of us do. Keep in mind that eBay runs on PST. You should adjust your timing for ending listings accordingly.
Use these 4 money making tips for dropshipping on eBay and watch those sales start pouring in!
You may have heard someone grousing that there is no way to be successful as a dropship
seller on eBay.
This is nonsense.
There most certainly is a way and in fact, there are many successful eBay dropship sellers who are making a very nice living at it. But, there have been many who tried it and failed and many more, no doubt, who will try it in the future and fail miserably.
So, what is the difference between these two groups of eBay dropship sellers---the success stories and the failures? What does one group do that the other doesn’t? Are the successful eBay dropshippers privy to a secret that others don’t know about?
The secret is what the successful ones do and perhaps even more importantly, what they DON’T do!
The thing about eBay is that you don’t get a lot of room for mistakes, especially when you are first starting out. There is a very narrow margin for error and a few feedbacks will be enough to sink your eBay ship if you flub up right from the begging.
Here are 5 common mistakes made by eBay dropship sellers who end up being unsuccessful:
1. They don’t provide good images. Your pictures have to clearly show a shopper what you are selling, so they need to be good enough to enable the person to make an informed buying decision. If you plaster poor quality, blurry or otherwise crummy images on eBay of your products---forget it. You won’t succeed.
2. They don’t provide good descriptions. Everything mentioned above about images goes for descriptions, too. Your descriptions should tell a viewer everything they need to know about your product. For example, if you are selling shoes and neglect to mention what size they are who do you think is going to buy them?
3. They don’t answer questions from potential buyers. Let’s face it, despite all of the disruptive change of the last few years and efforts to rid eBay of bad sellers, there are still some to be found on the site. Some are probably not so much bad as just stupid or ignorant. Be that as the case may be, there are a lot of buyers who have been burned by purchasing an item that was not as described. They might need reassurance that the item is as good as you say it is. Answer these messages! Doing so may gain you a valuable repeat customer. Not doing so will almost certainly cost you a sale.
4. They hold feedback hostage until after the buyer leave feedback. Honestly, this is lame. In the olden days of eBay when sellers could still leave negative feedback for buyers, this practice might have had some purpose. But, those days are gone. Sellers are unable to leave buyers anything except positive feedback. So, holding out on leaving feedback until after the buyer does really makes no sense and it antagonizes a lot of buyers. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar!
5. They don’t download tracking info. Hopefully you are doing business with a wholesale product source for your dropship items that furnishes tracking numbers. Some dropship eBay sellers simply can’t be bothered to post this info to the site so that the buyer knows their widget is on its way. This is bad business and will cost you repeat business as well as gain negative or neutral feedback.
Those are 5 common mistakes eBay dropship sellers make
that cause them to fail, so avoid them and you can be successful if you do everything else right!
If you have an eBay dropshipping
business, you might appreciate finding out about 3 common mistakes that can cost you a lot of money over time.
Some dropshippers don’t do all that well on eBay and mistakenly believe that it is just how it is, having read or heard that success with dropshipping on eBay is nigh on to impossible.
Heads up, eBay dropshippers! This is not true! The fact is that there are a lot of successful drop shippers on eBay. They aren’t easy to spot because they don’t advertise that they are dropshipping, and why should they? The successful drop shippers on eBay blend right in with all of the other sellers, which is as it should be.
You can dropship on eBay and make a very comfortable living doing so, if you play your cards right and avoid these 3 costly mistakes.I. Poor customer service:
This is an all too common failing of eBay sellers in general and it can take you down! Just because you are selling on eBay instead of your own website doesn’t give you a free pass to skip providing excellent customer service. Remember, the bottom line is that they are YOUR customers, not eBay’s. If you want to succeed and stay on eBay, you will have to be diligent about taking care of your buyers. Contrary to what some sellers say, the problem buyer on eBay is the exception rather than the rule. The majority of your customers will be reasonable, honest, decent people. There are a few bad apples, of course, but giving these crabby customers great service is one way of helping to avoid any unpleasantness. Do provide tracking info. Do answer all messages promptly and courteously---before and after the sale. Do include a simple “Thank You” with every invoice.II. Lousy titles, descriptions and poor images:
Some of the titles on eBay are so bad that one has to wonder how the sellers ever manage to sell anything at all. Just browse the listings in any category and you’ll see the proof of this. For example, in Vintage Textiles, a title for what was presumably a chenille bedspread---”Senile Bedspread.” Really? Bedspreads can get senile or is it the seller who is senile? Or this one that is seen fairly often in the Vintage Lingerie category---”Satan Nightgown” instead of what is surely meant to be a satin nightgown. These kinds of mistakes will cost you sales because most shoppers don’t want to deal with somebody who is obviously incompetent, thinking that they aren’t trustworthy. As for descriptions and images, there is a general rule of thumb that will serve you well---Write your descriptions as though there are no photos and have your photos as though there are no descriptions. You get the idea. You absolutely must give online shoppers enough information to make a buying decision and your images and descriptions are the only way to do this.III. Have hostile terms and policies or too many terms and policies:
People simply do not like this. You can find them in many eBay listings and some are so off-putting that any reasonably normal person will hit the back button and get out of there. Who wants to do business with someone who comes across as having the personality of a puff adder? Those terms and conditions that go on and on ad nauseum about all the things the seller will not tolerate and reason they won’t refund are hogwash anyway for the simple reason that if a buyer isn’t happy, they can file a dispute with eBay or Paypal and usually get their money back very quickly, with a minimum of fuss and bother. You won’t scare off the scammers and crooks that are out to cheat you because they get the benefit of the doubt with Paypal and eBay by virtue of being the customer. All you will succeed in doing is scaring away good buyers who wouldn’t have caused you a minute’s worth of trouble. So, don’t do this. Short and sweet should be your guidelines for terms and conditions.
Avoid these 3 eBay dropshipping mistakes
and you can have a lucrative career as part of this mammoth global marketplace!
If you would love to work from home and be your own boss, you might appreciate some dropshipping
tips about how to become an eBay Powerseller!
First of all, let’s clarify something: If you have heard or read any malarkey about how it is impossible to be successful on eBay with the dropshipping business model---forget it. This is simply not true.
One thing to bear in mind about information such as this is that much success or failure in any endeavor depends on a variety of factors. Just because one person failed with dropshipping on eBay and is now disgruntled and running around shouting from the rooftops how it can’t work doesn’t mean that another person wouldn’t be extremely successful as an eBay dropshipper.
Frankly, some people will fail miserably at just about any undertaking and in the final analysis; the failure is nobody’s fault but their own.
Some people have bad work habits and poor work ethics. They aren’t willing to put in enough time to be successful and don’t provide good customer service, which is absolutely essential on eBay. Those two things by themselves will sink the ship of dropshippers on eBay who are guilty of them.
The fact is that you can certainly become an eBay Powerseller and Top Rated Seller, as well, with dropshipping---IF you go about it right!
Here are some do’s and don’ts of dropshipping on eBay if you want to be a Powerseller and Top Rated Seller:
- Choose your niche carefully. Ideally, it will be a niche that is in demand but without an inordinately high amount of competition.
- Choose a wholesale dropship product source with high quality products. If there is one thing that will bring a screeching halt to your career as an eBay seller, it is selling crummy, inferior products. You will get a lot of negative feedback and Item Not As Described cases filed against you, along with a lot of refunds. eBay doesn’t tolerate a lot of this, so you won’t get too many strikes before you’re out.
- Make sure your product supplier gives you low inventory notices so that you don’t oversell. This is a really bad thing all year long because customers don’t like it. But, if it happens during the holiday shopping buyers will really be irate and you’re going to get negative feedback when you have to cancel their orders.
- Provide excellent customer service. Make sure your buyers get tracking info and messages that their item/s has shipped. If there is a problem be proactive and try to solve it to their satisfaction as soon as possible. Be courteous and polite at all times, even if the buyer is a stinker. You must remain professional! Answer questions and messages promptly.
- Don’t give your buyers unrealistic expectations about when to expect their item/s. While you don’t have to reveal that it will be dropshipped, do be honest and straightforward about when they can reasonably expect it. People don’t mind that much if it takes a while to get their item if they are forewarned right up front. It’s when you fudge about the delivery time and have them expect it earlier than it will really reach them that things get ugly.
Use these dropshipping tips to become an eBay Powerseller and Top Rated Seller!
Anyone who wants to start a home business in ecommerce might be wondering how to set up dropship
Well, good news! It’s easy!
In fact, it’s so low cost, fast and easy to start up a home dropship business and get your products listed on eBay---making sales and money---that you will be pleasantly surprised if you envisioned some long, drawn out, expensive and complicated process.
First of all, if you are just starting out in a home dropshipping business, eBay is an excellent choice for a marketplace to sell your products. It has a tremendous volume of global traffic 24/7 and is well known in most parts of the civilized world. For your purposes, the civilized world is all you’re concerned about since people living in uncivilized parts of the world probably don’t have access to computers and can’t buy from you anyway.
When you set up dropship eBay auctions, you get the benefits of eBay’s name and all that traffic, something you couldn’t possibly hope to match when you are first starting out. Well, actually, it’s unlikely you could ever match the amount of traffic eBay has, but at some point down the road, you might want to look at setting up your own web site and using eBay to drive traffic to your site to vice versa---use your web site to help drive traffic to your eBay dropship listings.
Here are the steps you will need to take, in order, to set up dropship eBay auctions:
- If you don’t already have one, set up an eBay seller’s account, as well as a Paypal account.
- Next, decide on a niche. Do your homework and find one in high demand, at least high enough to keep you in potential customers.
- After choosing a niche, research to find out what the average retail selling price is for your niche product/s. If you don’t know how much you can reasonably expect to get for the dropship items you sell, you won’t have any idea how much you can afford to pay them for resale.
- Once you have a good ballpark idea of the price your dropship products should fetch, find a reputable wholesale product source who stocks the product at genuine wholesale prices.
- Now, you have decided on a niche, researched the selling price, find a wholesale dropship product supplier to deal with and you’re ready to import those products to eBay with just a few clicks of your mouse. Your product source will have descriptions and images, ready for you to simply point and click to list in eBay.
That’s it! You’re finished! Your dropship products are listed on eBay and you are ready to start making sales and money.
should consider using Terapeak to provide up to date market research that will help you stay current with the hottest trends.
If you want to change your eBay sales from blah to brilliant, check out Terapeak!
In case you have heard of Terapeak in passing but are more or less clueless about that it is and what it does, as well as how it might be expected to help you on eBay with your dropshipping business….read on.
Terapeak is a certified eBay provider that was founded in 2004. Here is an explanation of what it’s all about, straight from the Terapeak website:
“Terapeak analyzes over 2.4 billion transactions per year and over $68 Billion in online consumer spending worldwide. This summarization of data provides online merchants with the market intelligence needed to maximize their business, resulting in increased margins, revenue, customer loyalty and satisfaction.
Terapeak helps online merchants to understand the current and competitive landscape of their market space by providing transparency into competitor behavior, pricing techniques and strategies, supply and demand, category and product trends, and customer purchase patterns.
As the first authorized analytics provider of eBay market data, and the leading aggregator of e-commerce data for eBay, Amazon, Yahoo! JAPAN and Magento, Terapeak has evolved from a pioneer to the market leader in analytics and business intelligence for ecommerce platforms and merchants.
Founded in 2004, Terapeak is an indispensable resource for over 1.3 million online merchants.”
Terapeak for eBay is specifically for eBay sellers, drop shippers or otherwise, and is the only tool you will need to shift your eBay drop shippers sales into high gear. It takes the guesswork out of selling, something anyone who has ever sold on eBay can identify with. Besides learning how to sell more effectively on eBay, you will examine market activity, product performance, along with consumer and competitor behavior.
Trying to get your dropship products seen in Best Match, especially since eBay rolled out the Cassini search engine, is challenging to say the least. Terapeak to the rescue! With Terapeak, you get a lot more visibility for your dropshipping products because it gathers market intelligence about transactions on eBay for the past year and shows you how to optimize your presence on the site to rank higher in the eBay search results.
This benefit alone is worthwhile!
Terapeak is the sole worldwide distributor of eBay Market Data. You are provided with detailed insights from billions of consumer transactions on the site into:
- Ecommerce trends
- Buyer behavior
- And more
- Forecast future trends
- Specific verticals
- Flags warning areas
- Illuminates demand and opportunities
- Alleviate risk in decision making
Using Terapeak will help you to work smarter instead of harder and to make wiser, more informed decisions about the operation of your eBay dropshippers business. Knowledge really is power and when you put Terapeak to work for you, it provides the knowledge you need to put your eBay dropshipping business on the fast track to success.
Check out Terapeak today, the choice of eBay dropshippers who want to maximize sales and profits!
If you are an eBay dropship
seller, you may be interested to get some tips and tools for success!
Anyone who is longing to get out of a deadly dull, high stress and low pay job in favor of working from home in a dropship business of their own is already on the right track. Disregard any of the gloom and doom stories you might see online about how it is impossible to succeed on eBay and especially with a dropship business model.
This is simply not true.
Many, many people from all around the world are earning very comfortable livings--or more--as dropship sellers on eBay, and you can, too, provided you follow a few easy rules and tips.
Here are some valuable tips and tools that can be your strongest business partner for your dropship selling career on eBay.
- First, establish your account. If you don’t have much feedback, Paypal is apt to hold your payments until each products has been received by the buyer. Who wants that? So, set up your account and begin making some small purchases to establish feedback. Besides, buying before selling can be extremely helpful in giving you a bird’s eye look at the process from a buyer’s point of view. If nothing else, you might learn what NOT to do.
- Find your niche. This is of paramount importance in selling on eBay. You should find a niche with a large enough demand to keep you in sales and traffic. Hopefully, your niche will not be oversaturated with competitors. Some competition is okay, of course. You can out distance your competition by providing better customer service than they do and thus gaining more repeat customers, as well as referrals from previous buyers.
- Try using audio in your listings. Many shoppers respond favorably to audio as long as it is pertinent info about your product that helps them make an informed buying decision.
- Be careful to fill out all of the Item Specifics. Yes, It’s a tedious process, but the more completely you fill these out, the higher eBay’s search engine will rank your listing in search results. So, it is definitely a worthwhile thing to do.
- Have more auctions of shorter duration. The reasoning behind this is that even with the new eBay Cassini search engine, listings ending soonest will be elevated in search results for Best Match. This way, you also get more exposure for the shoppers who search by Ending Soonest, too.
- Use an email signature. You can opt in to do this on eBay and you might be surprised at how much it will help your sales. As a rule of thumb, use 6-8 lines that describe briefly what you sell and include a link to your eBay store. You can set it up so that this signature is added automatically to every email you send on eBay.
- Take advantage of the free eBay Research Labs tool called BayEstimator that can help you write better titles that should generate more click throughs for you. It’s a handy tool and you can learn a lot about what search words within your niche are trending and hot.
These tips and tools can help you become a successful eBay dropship seller, so get started today!
You can have a thriving, successful business on eBay as a dropship seller, especially if you use best SEO practices!
Using SEO on eBay is just as critical as using it anywhere else for ecommerce. This is something that many eBay sellers tend to overlook and they pay for this oversight with less sales and profits. If you simply take a little time to familiarize yourself with best SEO practices for eBay and then implement them---you will be amply rewarded with more income!
These tips and tricks are not at all difficult and even newbie eBay dropship sellers can master them quickly.
SEO Tips for eBay
Use these SEO tips for more eBay dropship sales.
- Your Title: eBay now allows up to 70 characters in the title. You should use at least two, preferably three, of your main keywords and make them as close to the beginning of the title as you can.
- Your Descriptions: Use at least 200 words for your eBay descriptions and apply your keywords strategically, especially in the first sentence. Don’t over do it, though. Using such tactics as bolding and italicizing keywords is also quite helpful.
- Feed Google: Just like any other ecommerce endeavor, Google will reward eBay dropship sellers who provide it with fresh, relevant content. Have a Facebook Fan Page for your eBay items, tweet about them, start an account on Pinterest….the more you do to provide content about your eBay listings, the better your chances of having Google and the other search engines find you and boost your ranking in search results pages.
- About Me Page: If you don’t already have one, do have an About Me page on eBay. This is not only a way to connect on a more personal level with your customers, but a way to furnish content and good SEO. Use plenty of links to your eBay store items and listings. Google and the other search engines love links and they will prove helpful to you by providing more SEO.
- Update Keywords: It’s a good idea to update your eBay keywords about every two or three months. eBay itself will generate keywords for your store, but you should change and update them from time to time. Don’t know how to do this? You can find your eBay store keywords by looking at “Marketing Tools” and “Search Engine Keywords.”
- Category Names: When choosing category names for your eBay store items, use ones with your keywords. For example, if you are selling lingerie, use each specific type you sell as its category name---corset, nightgown, girdle, and so on. This will greatly enhance your chances of having your dropship items found when an eBay shopper performs a search for a specific item you have in your store.
Using best SEO practices for your eBay dropship store items and listings can prove quite beneficial to boosting traffic and sales. Use these techniques to beef up your eBay SEO and watch traffic and dropship sales improve!
If you are one of the many dropshippers
on eBay, you might be interested in picking up a few tips for boosting traffic and sales to your listings.
After all, more traffic and sales converts to more money and who doesn’t want that, right? Have you ever heard anybody in ecommerce say, “No, really, I don’t want to make more money?”
Of course not. Making money is a good thing and eBay dropshippers are generally in favor of getting their share of it.
Here are 5 tried and true, proven ways to boost traffic and sales for eBay dropshippers:
I. Use Cross Promotion with Other Sellers
Some eBay sellers are hesitant to do this because they fear they will lose sales. But, when you cross promote your items with other sellers, you increase your visibility and widen your sphere of influence on the site because those other sellers are showing your items, too. It’s a case of one hand washing the other and it does work, so don’t be afraid to give it a try.
II. Start an eBay Newsletter
You have free email marketing with newsletters, so take advantage of it and actively solicit subscriptions from customers as well as looky loos. Offer an incentive of some kind. You don’t have to give away the store, but make it worth someone’s while to opt-in to your email list. Please note that this is available to eBay store owners only, but hopefully you already have a store. Which brings us to our next tip.
III. Have an eBay Store
The Basic eBay Stores subscription is a mere $15.95 a month. Since the Spring Seller Update, if you agree to keep your store for a year, instead of on a month to month basis, you get the benefit of 150 free listings every month. This is nothing to sneeze at! Do the math and figure what you would pay for listing auctions for items with a starting price of, say, $34.99. You’re looking at $0.75 per listing fee. If the item doesn’t sell, you can relist and get a credit if it doesn’t sell the second go round. But, if it doesn’t, you’re out double listing fees. Ouch!
IV. Use Best Practices SEO
Many sellers don’t understand the importance of SEO for eBay drop shippers and others. In fact, keywords are vitally important! If you fail to use your prime keywords in your titles and descriptions, your rankings in eBay Best Match search will not be as high as they could be. As with any other search engine, the higher you are in search results, the better off you because more shoppers see your listings. If they don’t see your items, they’re unlikely to buy them, right?
V. Ask For the Sale
This is yet another area where a common misconception abounds for eBay dropshippers and other sellers. Any seasoned sales person understands the importance and effectiveness of simply asking someone to buy. If you haven’t tried it, start including a call to action at the end of every one of your descriptions and watch your sell through rate go up. For instance, if your dropshipping flash drives, end your description with something like this: “Why risk losing all of your important data? Back it up with a flash drive!” It’s easy. Just ask for the sale.
Dropshippers and other eBay sellers can use these 5 tips to help boost traffic and sales!