If you want to rock those ecommerce dropship
sales during the upcoming holiday season, it might pay you to take a close look at how to use email marketing effectively.
Email marketing is extremely effective provided it is done right. In fact, it is one of the most effective marketing methods available to day for ecommerce and has a great ROI (Return On Investment) to boot.
The winter holidays are prime online shopping times for millions of people all around the world. You want in on the action, right? Sure you do! Read on to find out how to use email marketing to effectively increase your dropship home business sales this holiday season.
Here are a few tips and tricks that should help you optimize your email marketing for the holidays:
- Make sure you have especially good offers and promotions going on in your dropship business during two of the biggest shopping days of the year---Black Friday and Cyber Monday. There will be a lot of consumers keeping an eye out for great deals and bargains, so you want to have something to offer them.
- Don’t be afraid to think outside the box when it comes to your marketing emails. You want a subject line that will jump out there and attract a viewer’s attention before they automatically hit the delete button and move on to the next email. Make it humorous, or outlandishly extravagant or perhaps a particularly lucrative offer….it doesn’t matter so much how you go about it or exactly what you say, the main idea is to get your marketing email opened and read.
- Be sure to keep the main message of your holiday marketing emails “above the fold” which simply means in the top half of the message. It is much more likely to be read there in its entirety, which in turn will get readers to continue reading the whole message.
- Always have links to your social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter. Encourage people to like and share so that you can extend your audience. The holidays are a perfect time to have contests and promotions on Facebook, especially. For example, you might offer free shipping to everyone who likes your page. Don’t panic---you won’t be losing money in for factor the shipping cost into the cost of your dropship products. Internet research has shown that shoppers are more likely to buy an item---even at a slightly higher price than a competitor‘s---if it comes with free shipping.
- Take some time to clean up your subscription list. Verify email addresses, update new change of email addresses, thin out subscribers who haven’t opened any of your emails in a long time. There is a chance they might open yours during the holiday shopping season but it’s unlikely if they haven’t opened any in a couple of years or so.
- This is a prime time to beef up your email marketing subscription list. Actively solicit those email addys! Offer some sort of incentive such as a percentage or dollar off amount on a purchase, for instance.
Use these tips to boost dropship holiday sales with email marketing!
Dropshipping is a great home business for retirees!
Many retired people are feeling the pinch of inflation and might find themselves needing to supplement their retirement income. Plus, a lot of retirees find that having so much time on their hands after a lifetime spent being productive is a little too much like stagnating to suit them.
If you are a retiree who is contemplating starting a home business, ecommerce is definitely the way to go and dropshipping takes ecommerce to a whole new level of easy start up and maintenance!
Whatever your reasons for thinking about getting started with a home business, be it boredom or financial necessity, you will find much to recommend a dropship business.
Let’s look at some of the things that make an ecommerce home dropshipping business so attractive to retirees:
- Low start up cost---If you were starting a brick and mortar traditional business, you would need big bucks to get it off the ground. You would have to rent, buy or lease a suitable building, pay utilities and all sorts of insurance, hire a cleaning crew or do the cleaning yourself, etc. etc. It is a daunting prospect and especially in view of the fact that the retail economy---though slowly recovering---is far from booming. E-tail, on the other hand, or online sales, is healthy and getting bigger all the time.
- No need to buy inventory up front---With a traditional commerce business, you would need to buy inventory in order to have something to sell. As you can imagine, this would not be cheap. But with a home dropshipping business, you don’t have to buy any inventory to get started. In fact, you only pay for each product as it is sold and your customer has paid you for it. In essence, you are selling products you don’t have in your possession. If this sounds confusing, read on and all will become clear.
- No hassle or expense of packaging and shipping---Because you don’t have the products you sell in your physical possession, your wholesale dropship product source takes care of all the packing and shipping. Yes! All of it. This leaves you free to do the thing that will make you money---sell, sell, sell! You simply find a reputable wholesale product source, select the items you want to dropship, list them on your website or a venue like eBay or Amazon and you're in business!
- Set your own hours---When you work from home as your own boss with a dropshipping business, you set your own schedule. Want to take off on a pretty afternoon and play a few holes of golf or go fishing or shopping or whatever strikes your fancy? Go! You can make up the time if you need to on a rainy day when you would just as soon stay home.
- And speaking of staying home---When you work from home, you never have to worry about shoveling your car out of several feet of snow to drive to work, or get out in pouring down rain and storms, or fight the crowded commuter system, either. You get to earn the money you need right from the privacy, comfort and security of your own nest. How great is that?
There are many reasons why dropshipping is a great home business for retirees, so get started today---you’ll love it!
Would you love to be working from home and wondering if you could make it work for you with the dropshipping business model?
Good news! You can!
There might be a better job somewhere than working from home but if there is, most of those who have their own ecommerce home business might find it hard to believe since they feel they have the closest thing to a 100% perfect way of making a living as exists in the world today.
Ecommerce has changed so many lives for the better. Before the World Wide Web, for instance, mothers who needed to earn an income were faced with the unpalatable choice of leaving their preschool children in day care or with a babysitter and going out to work or being broke. For many of these who were single parents, there really was no choice since no matter how much someone would love to stay home with their kids, someone has to put food on the table and provide shelter, clothing and other necessities of living.
For retired people who want to supplement an income that doesn’t stretch far enough in these days of rampant inflation and rising prices everywhere from the gas pumps to the grocery stores…working from home is a godsend.
Ditto for disabled people and many others who have found to their delight that they can earn a great living or as much extra money as they need right from the comfort and privacy of their own homes.
If working from home and ecommerce are the best things since sliced bread, dropshipping takes it up a notch toward total perfection. Why? Because it is the fastest, least costly and most profitable of any work at home job you could possibly find.
Here are 6 tips to make working from home work for you with dropshipping:
1. Decide on a hot niche, one that will have enough demand to keep you in traffic and sales. You can check out eBay to see which products are popular with a high sell through rate, check keywords of possible niche products in the free Google Keyword Tools to find out how many global searches are performed for it each month, read reviews on Amazon and check out the Amazon Top 100 in each category, as well.
2. Find a reputable wholesale product source that will give you genuine wholesale prices, has high quality products and good business practices such as prompt shipping, sending low inventory notices so you don’t over sell and more.
3. Choose your dropship products and then list them on your website, or the online venue of your choice such as eBay or Amazon.
4. Market your dropship home business. Use social media marketing, email marketing, content marketing, video marketing and more to drive traffic to your web site or listings. Remember, business goes where it’s invited, so invite people to check out your dropship products.
5. Provide great customer service. This is the backbone of any sales enterprise both online and off. Treat people right both before and after the sale and your customers will make the best sales people you could find, plus great brand advocates that send you referrals and new customers.
6. Treat your home dropship business as a business. Yes, it’s pure bliss to be able to work in your pajamas and work your own hours….staying at home when the weather outside is frightful….avoiding the hustle and bustle of a long commute to work and back or spending a small fortune on gas back and forth to your workplace…but it’s still work and you must treat it as a job. You will not be successful working from home if you fail to hold yourself accountable for good work habits.
Use these tips to make working from home work for you with a dropship business!
One of the main things you can do to boost sales and increase your conversion rate is to speed up your ecommerce dropship
business checkout process.
Internet retail analysts have long confirmed that in the sales funnel, checkout is probably the biggest jumping off place for buyers who abandon their shopping carts and leave your dropshipping site without completing a purchase.
So, if you can work on your checkout to make it as quick, painless and streamlined as possible for shoppers, you can reasonably expect to see a surge in your sales and an increase in your conversion rate.
Here are 5 tips to streamline your ecommerce dropship checkout process:
I. Don’t ask for too much info. Although you really do want to get shoppers signed up on your opt-in email marketing subscription list, this is secondary to actually making the sale. Don’t distract someone who has placed your items in their shopping cart and gotten that far along in the conversion process by forms to fill out that are not directly part of the checkout and payment process. The forms that do have to be filled out need to be kept as short and simple as possible. If someone is on the point of completing a purchase, hurry things along as fast as you can lest they have a change of heart.
II. Do display your trust and safety symbols prominently on the checkout page. Since this is one of the biggest hurdles that must be cleared with online shoppers in order to make a sale, you want to give them plenty of assurance that their personal and financial info is safe and secure on your site.
III. Do have a progress bar that shows shoppers exactly where they are in the checkout process. If you require the email address to be entered twice as most sites do and someone flubs up when entering one of the email addresses---or on any other place on the shipping or billing info forms---be sure to highlight the error so that they can plainly see where they went wrong. Having to play some kind of guessing game or using process of elimination to get these forms filled out correctly has caused man an abandoned shopping cart.
IV. Keep the steps in the checkout process to as few as you possibly can, preferably no more than three. The fewer steps there are from start to finish of checkout, the more sales you will make and the fewer abandoned shopping carts by people who have had time to get cold feet.
Use these 5 tips to streamline your ecommerce dropship business checkout and make more sales!
In case you didn’t know, mobile shopping is increasing by leaps and bounds, so it would behoove you to make sure your ecommerce dropship
business is up to par and fully mobile friendly, especially since the holidays are very close and traffic will be booming on the World Wide Web.
In case you are unfamiliar with what mobile shopping is, here is a brief explanation:
Mobile shopping simply refers to shopping online with a mobile device. This could be an iPad, iPhone, tablet, smart phone…any mobile device that can access the internet may be used for shopping online.
eMarketer has released some of its latest findings about mobile shopping and the results should provide you with ample proof that if your dropship listings or website isn’t mobile friendly, you are definitely missing the boat….a boat loaded with sales and profits!
Here are some of these interesting stats about mobile shopping that may influence you to get in on it for your home business.
“Online sales from mobile shopping are predicted to be more than $41 billion in the US this year.
eMarketer has revised its United States e-tail ecommerce sales estimates to higher than originally estimated and reports that online sales from mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets could account for 16% of all US ecommerce.”
Still not convinced? Look at this:
- According to research from eDigitalResearch and IMRG in April 2013, 39% of smartphone owners have already used their mobile device to make a purchase and 10% of all ecommerce website visits come from mobiles.
Now, if you are ready to jump on the mobile shopping bandwagon, here are a few timely tips that will help you optimize your dropship business to snare more mobile sales.
- Make Payments Easy---If there is one thing you absolutely want to avoid with mobile shoppers it’s a lot of data entry. Avoid unnecessary forms to fill out, etc. Make payments as easy as possible by offering such methods as Paypal and Google Wallet, where most users will already have accounts with stored info.
- Make Viewing Easy---Be sure that your page layouts are optimized for mobile devices. In other words, it should adapt to fit any size screen and display accurately. Avoid overcrowding your pages or having “noisy” flash images and other distractions that divert the shopper from the main thing…your products.
- Use Apps to Track Mobile Shopping---Analytics are just as vital for mobile ecommerce as conventional online sales. Use apps that will help you analyze and measure your mobile shopping and sales so that you can see where you may need to improve.
- Security is Still Important---Security is just as important to mobile online shoppers as it is to everybody else, so be sure to prominently display your trust and security icons and certificates where mobile shoppers will easily see them and feel reassured.
- Make One Account Suffice---Your mobile shoppers shouldn’t have to maintain separate accounts. Make their regular online account the same as their mobile account for faster and easier login and use.
Now you have some ideas as to how to optimize mobile shopping for your ecommerce dropship business, so get started before the holiday rush!
These 3 top SEO tips can increase dropshipping
sales for the holidays.
Believe it or not, even though Halloween is still over a month away, there are already shoppers flocking to the internet to get started on their shopping for the holidays.
While there are many procrastinators who leave it until the last possible minute, there are also a great number of people who like to get started with their shopping for the winter holidays early and are online now buying gifts for those on their lists.
Using proper SEO can greatly increase your dropshipping sales during the holidays. Don’t let anyone tell you that SEO is obsolete because it most assuredly is not. When you run across someone that adheres to the belief that SEO is dead, it is someone who was not using SEO best practices anyway….probably a former proponent of the old Black Hat SEO.
This type of SEO truly is history and we should all be thankful that it is no more. Article farmers who paid people from underprivileged countries literal pennies to crank out hundreds and thousands of articles that were complete and total garbage with no value to anybody. The sole purpose of these “articals” was to pump out keywords in great volume. Never mind whether this content made sense or not (usually not) as long as there were scads of keywords. Those days are gone.
Nowadays, you need to use SEO in such a way that Google and the other search engines will smile upon you. To do this, follow these 3 top SEO tips:
1. Choose your keywords wisely. This is one of the key elements of good SEO. For instance, if your niche is pet supplies, don’t focus on “pet supplies” as your main keyword phrase. Instead, go with long tail keywords that describe your products, such as “heated dog bed” or “rawhide treats” or whatever. You get the idea. The principle here is to avoid keywords or keyword phrases that will have a ton of competition. Drill down for less used but more relevant and focused long tailed keywords.
2. Write for readers, not for the search engines. This is a critical point in today’s SEO. Google and the other major search engines want high quality content, not gibberish stuffed with keywords. Your content should be interesting, informative or educational… even humorous. It doesn’t matter so much which, what matters is that it be of some value to readers. If you are a complete washout at writing decent content, it would be worth your while and money to hire a freelancer or pay a talented friend or acquaintance to do it for you.
3. Employ quality link building. This is another big change since the Google Penguin and Panda updates. Google never did like poor quality links and now it absolutely hates them. With Google, you are judged by the company you keep, so forget buying links by the droves just to have them. Instead, go for high quality, relevant links that will gain you brownie points with the search engines.
Use these 3 Top SEO tips to boost dropshipping sales during the upcoming holidays!
Heads up pet supplies dropshippers
: you can boost sales during the upcoming holiday season with gifts for Fido and Fluffy, plus a variety of other pets.
According to statistics, people spend a lot of money on their pets. In fact, pet supplies is a fantastic dropshipping niche for this very reason. If you have been longing to walk away from a job you hate in favor of being your own boss and working from home with an ecommerce business, pet supplies as a niche has tons of promise!
This is especially true during the winter holidays when indulgent pet owners lavish gifts on their four footed friends, or in some cases---two footed or no feet. While it may seem strange to think that someone would buy Christmas gifts for a snake or a fish, people do it. Birds are big favorites for holiday gifts, as well. Actually, almost any kind of pet is a candidate for holiday gifts, so you would probably be well advised to offer a little something for many different sorts of pets.
That being said, the emphasis will be on felines and canines as cats and dogs are the most popular pets in the world.
Now, what kind of dropship products would appeal to pet owners looking for that special gift for a furry friend or friends?
Here are a few suggestions:
- Toys for dogs
- Toys for cats
- Stockings to hang by the chimney
- Edible treats for dogs
- Edible treats for cats
- Dog beds
- Cat beds
- Cat condos
- Cat scratching pads
- Heated crate or pet bed pads
- And much more
If you are skeptical that there is really much of a demand for pet gifts during the holidays, take a look at these stats from the American Pet Products Association:
- 53% of dogs and 38 percent of cats receive gifts at Christmas, according to those surveyed in the American Pet Products Association (APPA) 2011 / 2012 National Pet Owners Survey.
- Pet retail segments are traditionally among the leaders during the holiday selling seasons, even in the toughest of economic situations. Although this was the case in 2008 and 2009, and the economy only slowly started to improve in 2010 and 2011, pet owners always continued to spend money on their pets over the holidays.
- APPA is also thrilled to announce out of 259 pet owners recently polled on Facebook, 93 percent said “yes” they plan on purchasing a gift for their pet this holiday season. (2012)
And here is more good news:
These numbers are from the 2007 U.S. Pet Ownership & Demographics Sourcebook:
- 73% of all United States households (about 87 million) have at least one pet.
- Dogs are the top pet with 37.2% of pet owning households having at least one.
- More than 45 million people in the United States own dogs.
- 32 million of those people will buy Christmas gifts for their pets, and 10 million celebrate their dogs' birthdays.
Okay, we have firmly established that there IS a demand for pet gifts during the holidays!
Pet supplies dropshippers should start now to get their holiday gift items for pets lined up and work on marketing campaigns, promotion, social media campaigns, email marketing and more.
If you are dropshipping pet supplies and fail to offer holiday gifts for those pets, you are leaving money on the table.
Pet supplies drop shippers should begin immediately and be ready of the holiday shoppers!
It’s almost that time again, when holiday shoppers will be online looking for just the right gifts for those on their lists, so you may be able to use these 5 dropshipping
tips to help you gear up for the holidays.
One thing it is important to keep in mind is that even if your sales have been in something of a slump so far this year, if you play your cards right the holidays can work wonders to boost your overall bottom line.
Retail internet sales analysts are predicting record numbers of online shoppers for this season’s holiday buying and with just a little bit of preparation and work, you can get your share of this very profitable pie.
Here are 5 dropshipping tips for gearing up to bag those holiday sales:
1. Tune Up Your Website---Your dropship website needs to run like a well oiled machine 24/7, but if there was ever a time when a fast website with no errors was doubly important, it is the winter holidays shopping season. Check to make sure your pages are all loading correctly with no dreaded 404 errors and that it is loading FAST. Online shoppers are notoriously impatient at the best of times and when they are trying to do their holiday shopping you can count on their patience wearing thin. So, check your website thoroughly to make sure it’s as good as it can be.
2. Tweak Your SEO---Contrary to what you might have heard, SEO is not dead. In fact, it’s alive and thriving. You must utilize good SEO if you want to maximize sales through the holidays. Make sure you have lots of fresh, relevant content. Tweak your product descriptions and images. Use SEO on your social media pages and in all of your marketing tactics such as email newsletters.
3. Use Social Media---The holidays are a fantastic time to use social media marketing to its best advantage. Have some contests, offer freebies and coupons, give people an incentive to buy from your dropshipping website. You should decorate your social media pages for the holidays, too. Don’t overload it but do have some festive images and colors.
4. Map out a strong marketing campaign for the holidays. You can’t wait until the last minute and expect to be as successful as you would have been if you had gotten your ducks in a row and started earlier. Sit down and figure out exactly how you are going to market your dropshipping products, plan your promotions carefully and decide how you will boost your sales accordingly.
5. Last but not least, decide what dropship products you might add that will boost your sales during the holidays. You may think that your niche won’t lend itself well to adding gift type products and actually---it may not. If you are selling items such as incontinence pads, for example, there simply isn’t much of a way to get festive or add extra products that would make nice gifts and correlate with your niche. But, for the most part, most niches would be prime for adding extra money makers during the winter holidays. If you dropship camping supplies, for instance, the holidays present a great opportunity to highlight down sleeping bags suitable for cold weather camping.
Use these 5 dropshipping tips to gear up for the winter holidays and you’ll be sure to rake in a lot of extra sales and profits!
Did you know that if you unlock the secrets of effective SEO, you can build and grow your home dropship
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, isn’t rocket science. You don’t have to be a computer geek or Albert Einstein to master it and make it work for you in your ecommerce business.
But, you do have to acquire a basic, fundamental understanding of what SEO is and what it can do for you.
To begin, let’s start by laying to rest one of the myths about SEO circulating around the internet and elsewhere. That is the myth that SEO is dead.
Head up! SEO is NOT dead! One wonders where these SEO doomsday sayers are getting their information but it is not based on fact. Far from it, in fact. SEO may be more important than ever in driving traffic to your website and dropship listings.
Here is the thing about SEO: It’s not your mother’s SEO, for sure. The advent of the Google Penguin and Panda algorithm updates did change the way SEO works to some extent. But, be assured that these changes were strictly for the better.
In the olden days of Google and SEO, you would see so-called “articles” that made absolutely no sense. They were jam packed with keywords to the extent that they were literally just nonsensical jibber jabber with the sole intent being to stuff as many keywords as possible into a document of a few hundred words.
Thank goodness---those days are gone. Or, they’re gone for savvy ecommerce entrepreneurs who want Google and the other search engines to smile on them.
No more article farmers pumping out that worthless drivel in an effort to boost their search rankings. This is a good thing!
Nowadays, if you want to understand they mysteries of SEO, think in terms of quality.
Quality for the readers who run across your content, either on or off your website or listings on eBay and/or Amazon. High quality content that gives readers something of actual, real value instead of tons of keyword stuffed mishmash that isn’t worth wasting time or energy reading.
In order to understand the secrets of SEO best practices, don’t write your content for keywords only. Instead, write (or have written, such as the case may be) good quality content that provides a reader with something valuable in some way. It might be educational, instructional, inspiring, humorous….you get the idea. Whatever your content may be, subject wise, it should be worth a reader’s time.
Google’s Panda and Penguin updates reward this type of high quality content by giving it a boost in search ranking. This is worth untold amounts of money to you because it will drive traffic to your site or listings and increase sales and profits.
Besides good quality content, Google also wants relevant, fresh content.
What does this mean? Basically, it simply means that Google wants you to deliver the goods, as regards your content. We’ve all seen the bat and switch stuff on the web with a punchy, attention grabbing title such as “Woman Has Rat Baby” only to click on it and discover a woman has a pet baby rat. Not, as we were led to believe, given birth to a rat.
Google wants you to keep your content in line and relevant to what your link or title promised the viewer. No bait and switch. Again---a good thing.
As far as fresh content, this is self explanatory. Google likes fresh, new content. The more the better. If you want to get the maximum benefits of your SEO efforts, keep cranking out that valuable, relevant, fresh content!
Unlocking the secrets of SEO will build your dropship business!
Did you know that having a home dropshipping
business could change your life for the better?
It’s a fact! Anyone who feels trapped in a job that brings them nothing except high stress and low pay can take heart from this, because if you want to make a break for personal and financial freedom and work from home, there is a light at the end of the tunnel with the dropshipping business model.
Why do so many people stay on and on in jobs that make them totally miserable?
Well, there might be several reasons for this, depending on the individual circumstances. Here are a few things that cause many people to keep slogging away at a dead end job instead of starting their own home business:
A. Fear that it would require a lot of start up money
B. Fear that they would have a lengthy period without an income while the business got on its feet and started making a profit
C. Fear of failure
D. Fear of giving up a steady paycheck and venturing into the unknown
Let’s tackle these reasons for hesitating about starting an online home business in dropshipping one by one:
A. Fear that starting a home drop ship business would require a big chunk of capital. In a traditional brick and mortar business, and even some ecommerce businesses, this would be true and a definite deterrent to a lot of wannabe ecommerce entrepreneurs without a sizable bank roll to get then started. Not so for a dropshipping business. You don’t have to pay for your products up front, only paying the wholesale product source as each item is sold and you have collected the money for it from your buyer. So---no inventory to buy! You never have the products in your physical possession, either, so there is no expense or labor of housing inventory. This also means that you are spared the expense and hassle of shipping. All you have to do is sell, sell, sell!
B. Fear of having a long wait before profits start flowing in. With a dropshipping business, this is not a concern as it is with a traditional business. Why not? Because you can select the products you want to dropship and list them on the venue of your choice with a few clicks of your mouse and you’re in business….ready to start making sales an profits literally immediately.
C. Fear of failure. Fear of failure holds so many people back from the good things in life that could be theirs if they managed to overcome the timidity and fear that is holding them back. Yes, it’s possible to fail. But if you have good, strong work habits and are willing to put your shoulder to the wheel and do what needs to be done in order to succeed with a home dropshipping business, there is no reason for failure. As FDR once said, there is nothing to fear but fear itself.
D. Fear of the unknown and giving up a steady paycheck. Admittedly, it can be pretty scary taking a leap of faith into the unknown. But, as the old saying goes, if you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got. Not particularly grammatical, but true. In order to change your life for the better, you have to overcome your fear of making the change and just do it.
A home dropshipping business can give you a quality of life that is simply not possible while working and making money for somebody other than yourself. You will be doing more than making a living---you’ll be making a life.
So, take the first steps toward changing your life for the better today with a home dropshipping business!